• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are you buying or waiting!

congrats..we will have a small battle to see which primer is the first:biggrin:...not me I'm in the wait category but have no doubts it is a winner.btw why do you call yourself gadgetman?

Not sure why asked but...
Nothing real special but since asked...As a kid growing up in a poor'ish family, I was fascinated with gadgets... and cars too (especially 007's Aston). I drove my apparent nuts by drooling and naming off what ever new car nearby was when we out and about. And as a kid I was always tinkering with things and trying to figure out how they work plus make some things of my own. Guess that lead to becoming an EE. After college in 70's CB's were popular. So upon getting one (and installing in my almost new '74 Javelin... could find the right Challenger I really wanted) I had to come up with an applicable "Handle. I came up with Gadgetman as applicable since I was still tinkering with stuff (and still do today). I asked a few friends of their thoughts. They all said it was a perfect fit. So there it is.

thanks for answering my harmless inquiry...I used a less than clever screen name....quite literal....ps I took my grandfather pocket watch apart to see how it worked......it stayed a pile of little pieces:redface:

I took my grandfather pocket watch apart to see how it worked......it stayed a pile of little pieces:redface:

And I took my Honda 50 scooter apart. My parents gave the box of parts away when I went off to school.

I'm waiting as well. I'm currently house hunting so any car buying will have wait till after. Also I want to observe how the first year goes for the new owners

So what McLaren did you end up buying? I'm in the exact same boat. I just got my deposit back on the NSX. I'm thinking about a 570S or 570GT. if I may ask - how do you like your car? Any issues? Regrets? Thanks

Back