• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Difflow Diffusers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Glen, is there supposed to be gap between 02 rear valence and the difuser? Ignore the scrap on rear valence from my cf type r diffuser. Everything on the bottom is secured as instruction but just wondering is that how.suppose to be looks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, you are supposed to have this hideous gap and drive around looking like your diffuser is made of plastic. :biggrin:

You didn't follow the instructions. Loosen all of your bolts and clamps. Hold the diffuser in place, start tightening at the CENTER and move outward. If you do the opposite, what you have is what will happen. Good luck.

Hi Glen, is there supposed to be gap between 02 rear valence and the difuser? Ignore the scrap on rear valence from my cf type r diffuser. Everything on the bottom is secured as instruction but just wondering is that how.suppose to be looks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, nice talking to you on the phone today.

Yes, the center of your diffuser looks warped, maybe too much muscle? :) You can straighten it out. If you drill the diffuser to the valance, it will sit more flush as well, but the reason there looks to be like a gap is because it's not sitting as tight as it should against the valance - so double check that you have the clips tight, from the inside out and then drill. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
They may go without saying.. or it may be that I'm missing something, but won't this make it harder to do an oil change..?

No issue, just changed mine the other day without any interference from the diffuser.

KPRSX - looks like you got it to fit right? :) Saw this on the cars and coffee thread, looks great:

7160759945_447f6b98ef_b.jpg

It was a nice group buy, and we learned quite a bit about exhaust flanges, etc. No problems with NA2 rear bumpers what-so-ever, but NA1 bumpers from 91-94, have low sitting flanges that might hit the diffuser - so it's important that anyone with a 91-94 check their exhausts. If they sit low, they might not fit.

I have 2 used diffusers here that customers returned to me because their exhausts sat too low (NA1 diffusers). If anyone wants them, I will sell them EXTREMELY cheap. PM me please for details.

Last edited:
Damn, I shoulda waited lol jk.

Buy I think u meant 91-94, not 91-04.

Ahh yes, fixed.

I've gotten lots of PM's on the 2 used diffusers I have. UPS basically took their delivery truck and drove over both diffusers / or stacked 500 lbs boxes on top of them, causing me a headache and wasting money. So if somebody ever has to return a diffuser to me, please package it up as good as I did with lots of bubble wrap so this doesn't happen.

USED DIFFUSER #1 is now in good shape, it was bent up in the front corner, which I fixed, still looks a little rugged but nobody can see it since it's under the car. $390 shipped in the USA for this one.
USED DIFFUSER #2 was rough. I've done my best to bend it back, so I'm selling it for cheap, it's not as perfect as new, so get it at a bargain price, $320 shipped in the USA.

Pics

USED DIFFUSER #1
usednsx2.jpg

USED DIFFUSER #2
usednsx1.jpg

I won't accept any returns on these 2 used diffusers.

Last edited:
I'm going to paint mine, will post pics when done.

got mine in and installed. Where do you guys put your bolt through that goes through valance. I still need to do that but seems very secure now without it.

It's imperative that you install those bolts. Ask me how I know.

How you know ?

boltS? I only got 1 bolt w/1 washer and 1 locknut. Was there supposed to be two? And where do I drill for that bolt to go through? I see no insutrctions on that.

The 2002-2005 version has one on each side; they required the drilling of two small holes through the valance. I secured the diffuser with it's standard hardware, then used it as a template to drill the last two holes for the washers / locknuts.

Just drill it into the center. There isn't a lot of room on the NA1 diffuser to drill on each side. Use the fender washer I supplied and the bolt and nut, and do it right in the middle. That way it should never just fall off.

:)

Got mine On Monday but didn't have time to install it. Just finished putting it together.

This thing fits perfectly really nice piece, well designed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339362419.702181.jpg

Bruno
Evolution
--------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back