• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Est Fest 2014 - Oakwood Resort - Grand Bend May 23 - 25 2014

Which one of you guys is gonna buy my ITR and take it tracking next week?

Hey Alan,
Anyone can bring any car they like to the event, all they need to do is sign-up as a member or pay the membership dues to be able to take part in the track event.
In other words $50.00 for the track event.

Bram

Lucas,
If you like I can PM you the layout before the packages are email out.
My guess would be the a Technical layout....but I'm not a track guy

Bram,

It's ok, I'll just have to wait and see! I'm hoping for the technical as well.

Lucas

Only 10 days to go before Est Fest....

I have been advised by Barry of Goderich Honda. that he will be providing some of his cars for our members to try at the track event on Friday.

Bram

Last edited:
Starting to get excited about this! I need some days off. :positive:

Just got LBBP out of storage this past Sunday after being tucked away since beginning of November.

It will be good to see you all after missing last year at Windermere.

Sean,

Yeah, Barry is providing a lot of support to the Club for this event, we are very please and appreciate all his generosity.

Neal, it would be great to see You and Your better half again (actually it's like better 3/4):biggrin:... are you bring up both NSX's this year?

Bram

I have been advised by Barry of Goderich Honda. that he will be providing some of his cars for our members to try at the track event on Friday.

Is Mr. Barry getting an appreciation package or something for all this? Wow, what hospitality!

Sean,

Yeah, Barry is providing a lot of support to the Club for this event, we are very please and appreciate all his generosity.

Neal, it would be great to see You and Your better half again (actually it's like better 3/4):biggrin:... are you bring up both NSX's this year?

Bram

Hey BRAM - For sure she is all that! :wink: Hope to drive both and participate. Bring Radios (FRS or what ever they are called). Got to remember coming through your border they don't care for unsavory characters. :distrust:

We will likely run the Long track in order to get more elbow room and not crowd anyone.

That looks really good, Daria! Spread 'em out.

Well....I've tried but sadly business takes me overseas. Enjoy...sounds like an awesome event

Will miss you, and the better half. Good fortune in your work travels. Another day, another way!

- neal

I really wish I could make it out to this event guys. Car isn't ready. I will come out to the Honda plant meet for sure. Have a good one everyone looks like it's going to be a really great weekend.

I can't believe I wanted a track day so bad and I'm not going to it haha

Just a teaser guys, but I was speaking with RM auctions earlier this week who have some very interesting cars right now, but due to their constantly rotating stock, they may not have these vehicles.

Right now they have a Toyota 2000Gt, and they may have Steve McQueen's Ferrari 275 on site which they are auctioning off this summer.

Bruno,

Leave the NSX at home and come in the family - mobile! Quite a few of us are bringing along the family vehicles with the NSX.

Est fest

View attachment 108575

With all of our cars safely nestled away for the winter, and visions of sugar plum fairies well behind us, thoughts of spring 2014 are surely close at hand. After two lovely years at the Windermere House we are happy to announce Oakwood Inn and Resort as our selected Venue for Est Fest 2014 on the weekend beginning Friday May 23rd and concluding Sunday May 25th 2014. This is the weekend AFTER the May long weekend this year.

One important aspect of Est Fest is location and how it best accommodates the size of our group greatly enhances our experience. After various considerations along with members’ feedback, the club executive have worked diligently to secure accommodations which offer a fine balance of value and luxury at the www.oakwoodinnresort.com Located about two hours from downtown Toronto, this location offers approximately the same distance as previous venues, however, we should be able to avoid traffic issues. As an added plus, it's located right on Lake Huron in Grand Bend.

View attachment 108576
the Resort:

The Oakwood Inn and Resort is located in Grand Bend on the lovely (and cold!) Lake Huron. It is a 127–unit resort consisting of 98 deluxe rooms in four lodges, an Executive Cabin, 7 spacious suites, 16 standard rooms, and 3 cottages that are nestled in a natural setting... the perfect mix of rustic and elegance. We have blocked 20 rooms and a cabin for this year’s festivities. For those so inclined there is a golf course located on property which is available during your stay.

View attachment 108577

Accommodations

• Book now! Our special rate of $169 per night is available until March 23, 2014. When booking you will be asked to place a $100 deposit for the weekend.
• The Cottage is available for $299 per room per night.
• The above includes breakfast for two for each night you stay. (Additional breakfasts are available at $12.95 per person per day)
• Booking reference: NSX Club of Canada
• Booking contact: 1-800-387-2324
• All rooms subject to service fee and HST.

We will again have access to the cottage as our HQ for the Friday night BBQ and bonfire for all our after hour festivities which include but not limited to socializing, drinking, cigar smoking, partying, trash-talking, lap-dancing should anyone sees fit.

View attachment 108578

Meal service:

Same as the past several years, we are hosting a kickoff BBQ on Friday at the cottage followed by a social by the bonfire. For the balance of the weekend, breakfast will be included. Optional lunch service will be available seperately. Saturday event dinner will be likely be between $30 and $40pp. Sunday dinner will likely be a-la-cart (2 restaurants to choose from). All meal service and accommodation are subject to gratuities and taxes.
We will continue to work to bring the best possible experience for the weekend.

View attachment 108579View attachment 108580
1) Sean + Patti +2
2) Bram + Nancy
3) Brad + Sue
4) Daria + Glynis
5) Barry D.
6) Butter +1
7) Shawn C. + 2
8) Bash P. +1
9) Brian +1
10) Chris W. +1
11) Lucas +1
12) Judi
13) Henry!
14) Neal +1
15) Terry Mac
16) Tony R
17) Richie R
18) Tony S.
19) Dan M.
20) Greg L +1
21) Rick +1
22) Robert M. +1
23) Patrick R. +1
24) Carlos R +1
25) Jim M +1
26) Lionel.
27)[don + 1]

Wow guys, we have 28 cars registered for this weekend. This is phenomenal and I can't wait to see everyone!

I will be sending our registration information out tomorrow for everyone to peruse.

Add one more ... Red will also show up.
I just heard from Stu that he has booked a room Friday night. If he keeps on drinking all Saturday he has no choice but to stay over all weekend

OK guys, we have 29 cars coming. Let's add one more to make it an even 30!

Stu will want to stay over until Sunday anyhow. That's when the spa day happens!

Looking very forward to Friday festivities.... I will wear bright color gloves during track event... so when I wave you past there is no doubt which side of the car I expect you guys to blow by me on!!!

see you there!!

Becky and I are still waiting to meet our baby girl (she was due last week). We are hopeful to be able to come say hello on Saturday night, but we really don't know what we'll be up to just yet!

That little bit of goading brought out two strong maybes. #30 and 31.

Sean, I'm sure Becky will do just fine and the little one will arrive safe and sound. We'll also understand if you show up with your crushed hand in a cast and deaf in one ear. Birth is beautiful!

Back