• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finish First = Lasting Protection!

I've tried many, many, many waxes and sealants. Some of my cars have to stay outside and nothing I've tried lasts for very long - until now. Finish First is the best product I've found. It doesn't dull or spot plastic, no white residue, easy to apply and easier to remove. And leaves a shine that looks like a fresh clear coat. Best paint shine and protection product I've ever used. I bought this product (off of eBay) because it was recommended by another Primer here. He was right about it being good. Thanks to whoever that was.
Happy Motoring!

Before and after photos?

Any photos?

It was me Gilliam!

I absolutely love the stuff.

Nothing has been as durable, shiny and easy to use. Tried the Zaino system several years ago and it couldn't compare to Finish First! And at $19.00 a can...how can ya beat that!

I use it on my Corvette C6, NSX, Expedition and Hummer. The conditions in Phoenix are horrible for an automobile's finish. I have been using this stuff for about 10 years and couldn't be happier.

To those who are curious, I have no stake in this company and I have no clue who makes the product....I just love it!

You can purchase it from their website or sometimes on Ebay!

I've tried many, many, many waxes and sealants. Some of my cars have to stay outside and nothing I've tried lasts for very long - until now. Finish First is the best product I've found. It doesn't dull or spot plastic, no white residue, easy to apply and easier to remove. And leaves a shine that looks like a fresh clear coat. Best paint shine and protection product I've ever used. I bought this product (off of eBay) because it was recommended by another Primer here. He was right about it being good. Thanks to whoever that was.
Happy Motoring!

A big THANKS to you Rob. I won't be using anything else on my cars from now on. The only problem I have now is what to do with the multitudes of other waxes I have in my garage?
Happy Motoring!

you can always sell waxes.
which once did you try that didnt work or lasted long? what you use to wash your car? couple things could be that they didnt last long (over the counter stuff dont usualy lasts long, surface wasnt prepped or washed with wrong soap

Mikhael

Do you remember when you were a kid and went to the drycleaner with your parents. Remember that smell? Well the chemical that made that smell was the secret ingredent in House of Color Kosmic Shine. THE BEST STUFF I HAVE EVER USED. Well House of Color sold that formula because the "additive" was being outlawed by the Government. This was about 5 years ago.

Anyhow they have not made Kosmic shine in 5 years and the guy who bought the fomula in St. Pete Florida declared bankruptcy. I found him on facebook and asked what HE used.

He recommended Final Finnish products and I ordered last week. Will try soon.

Also if ANYBODY HERE HAS OR CAN GET THE ORIGINAL KOSMIC SHINE I WILL PAY YOU $100.00 per bottle!!!! PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got it Gilliam!

And yet here is another reason why to use Finish First!

It is the best stuff out there folks!

Do you remember when you were a kid and went to the drycleaner with your parents. Remember that smell? Well the chemical that made that smell was the secret ingredent in House of Color Kosmic Shine. THE BEST STUFF I HAVE EVER USED. Well House of Color sold that formula because the "additive" was being outlawed by the Government. This was about 5 years ago.

Anyhow they have not made Kosmic shine in 5 years and the guy who bought the fomula in St. Pete Florida declared bankruptcy. I found him on facebook and asked what HE used.

He recommended Final Finnish products and I ordered last week. Will try soon.

Also if ANYBODY HERE HAS OR CAN GET THE ORIGINAL KOSMIC SHINE I WILL PAY YOU $100.00 per bottle!!!! PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can always sell waxes.
which once did you try that didnt work or lasted long? what you use to wash your car? couple things could be that they didnt last long (over the counter stuff dont usualy lasts long, surface wasnt prepped or washed with wrong soap

Mikhael

I never use detergents/soap on any of my cars, just water and soft sponge to wash. I've used Turtle, Mothers, Meguires, several types of carnabas (even black carnaba), systems with three steps (cleaner, wax and finisher), etc. All of them look OK when you're done, but in a month or less the feel of fresh wax (when you slide your fingernails down the side and they glide like silk) is gone. I'm not a pro detailer, just a shadetree mechanic that likes to keep his rides nice. Finish First is the best polish I've used so far.

I just did my car with finish first and was at a party with my wife. Several people commented on my "Ferrari" parked outside. People kept begging me to sit in it. I swear one of the chicks almost had an "O" when she slipped behind the wheel. This is no joke it really happened.

On the way to the party a 85 year old couple driving a prius asked me if I would consider a trade. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The point is the final finish is really, really good stuff.

You have an address Internet or ebay to buy this product? I do not find it, thank you very much:smile:

OK, this is my last post saying how good this stuff is. I parked my car outside for 7 days while I painted my garage floor. It was parked under a white birch tree that shed leaves and sap constantly. It rained and had sunshine and looked like it hadn't been washed in a month of Sundays. Usually I have to hose, sponge, then hose the dirt off to get it clean. All I did was hose it off - that's it. No sponge, no wiping, nothing. The sap, pollen, dirt, etc. that was baked on by the sun, just rinsed completely off.
Unbelievable! Never seen anything like it.
Happy Motoring!

This is what I have been trying to share with everyone. I have had similar results with my cars which are parked in the brutal 115 degrees (plus) heat here in Phoenix. The stuff is just amazing. I wonder why no other product has done so well!

OK, this is my last post saying how good this stuff is. I parked my car outside for 7 days while I painted my garage floor. It was parked under a white birch tree that shed leaves and sap constantly. It rained and had sunshine and looked like it hadn't been washed in a month of Sundays. Usually I have to hose, sponge, then hose the dirt off to get it clean. All I did was hose it off - that's it. No sponge, no wiping, nothing. The sap, pollen, dirt, etc. that was baked on by the sun, just rinsed completely off.
Unbelievable! Never seen anything like it.
Happy Motoring!

Is this something that needs to be applied with a buffer? Will it take car of swirk marks too or will I need to work on that before the waxing?

I never have. Just wipe it on, wait about 15 mins, then wipe it off. It takes me about 30 minutes to do my NSX.

Ok, you guys have my attention - I'll try it and report back too.

I'm in the same boat with the tons of bottles of waxes that I have tried...

I was going to purchase online, but noticed that shipping is over $10 and I'm being charged local taxes. So I am asuming these guys are somewhere in Ohio and I may try to pick it up locally. :biggrin:

Is this something that needs to be applied with a buffer? Will it take car of swirk marks too or will I need to work on that before the waxing?

It is easily applied by hand, no buffer needed. I have a black car too and this polish didn't do much if anything for swirl marks. What it does is put a lasting high gloss shine on what is there. Easy on and off is nice too.

Since you have to wait about 15 minutes, it's pretty easy to apply by hand. Pop open a cold refreshment and then use a buffer with a soft pad to remove the polish. Then just go back and hit all the cracks and crevices.

It is easily applied by hand, no buffer needed. I have a black car too and this polish didn't do much if anything for swirl marks. What it does is put a lasting high gloss shine on what is there. Easy on and off is nice too.

So it's not a polish, but a sealant/glaze. :smile:

I never use detergents/soap on any of my cars, just water and soft sponge to wash. I've used Turtle, Mothers, Meguires, several types of carnabas (even black carnaba), systems with three steps (cleaner, wax and finisher), etc. All of them look OK when you're done, but in a month or less the feel of fresh wax (when you slide your fingernails down the side and they glide like silk) is gone. I'm not a pro detailer, just a shadetree mechanic that likes to keep his rides nice. Finish First is the best polish I've used so far.

I have not try the Finish-First yet, I will get it soon. Just wondering, is it better than Zymol? Thanks.

Back