• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finish First = Lasting Protection!

Just called and ordered a 3 pack of Finish First Polish, Finish Fast and Licqui-Tech LVR. Spoke with Homer who is the owner. Guy was very curteous and accomodating and really believes in his product. He claims that if the product doesn't sell by word of mouth than it's not worth selling. :cool: He allows you to mix and match products when you buy the kits so it is worth the phone call. Plus, my shipping will be way less than the advertised rate. :biggrin:

Just ordered. Can someone recommend a good swirl remover?

was in a rush, tried the meguires scratch X on orbital buffer....... didn't do jack. Still have swirl marks....i clay barred first too

i'd take it to a pro but I'm not sure the condition of the paint is worth it

I use Menzerna Final Polish on my Berlina Black. It takes all the swirls and spider webs out of the finish.

the pro that corrected my swirled to hell berlina used menzerna..then jetseal over that....now my beautiful pitting looks so much more distinct:redface:

the pro that corrected my swirled to hell berlina used menzerna..then jetseal over that....now my beautiful pitting looks so much more distinct:redface:

OK, so when the rest of your car looks good, the flaws look worse. There is a downside - LOL!
Happy Motoring!

Got my FF - tried it on the hood of the lexus, it is a pretty good product, only time will tell (can you hear my scepticism) It seems good so I'll give it a few washes and see.

best synthetic wax i've used is Prima Epic with a wipe down with Prima Hydro.

No pics?? :confused:

Every now and then a miracle wax product comes onto the market and then fades out. You can always stand by the old tried and true carnauba.

Finish First has been around for a while though. Glad you guys seem to like it but I remember reading about it on several occasions on detailing forums like autopia.org. The reviews say it's pretty average which isn't bad but if detailers don't care for it then it can't be that great. Detailers would swarm to an easy to apply, nice shining, long lasting product. These guys are used to doing all the proper steps of cleaning the paint, sealing, polishing, etc. Not just slapping wax on a freshly washed car. A good wax on a poorly prepped car can be outperformed by a crappy wax designed as an AIO product. But a properly prepped and finished car is always better.

Last edited:
Those posts are 8 years old!

All I can say is that I have tried Zaino, Klasse, etc., and nothing has shined more or lasted as long as Finish First.

Again, I have no ownership or interest in this company.

I just want to share my experience as this product has proven to be the most durable out here in Phoenix, AZ. Nothing else has come close!

Were you happy with the rest of the job at least? Unfortunately uncorrectable damage through detailing is always more pronounced than it was before hand. Hence the dirtiest cars are usually the most banged up :biggrin:

Were you happy with the rest of the job at least? Unfortunately uncorrectable damage through detailing is always more pronounced than it was before hand. Hence the dirtiest cars are usually the most banged up :biggrin:

yes,my point being at some point owners of older cars (esp black)have to live with the pitting or get a repaint.All in all a clean corrected car will always look better than a clean swirled/finely scratched one.:smile:

yes,my point being at some point owners of older cars (esp black)have to live with the pitting or get a repaint.All in all a clean corrected car will always look better than a clean swirled/finely scratched one.:smile:

I'm starting to realize that too........ no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd... I need a repaint to be completely happy :mad:

I'm starting to realize that too........ no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd... I need a repaint to be completely happy :mad:
but after a respray i'm wondering how long it will stay relatively pristine. even with a clear bra i'm skeptical. it's sad... the only time i would consider a proper respray would be just before selling - which is never!

Used the finish first on my spa yellow nsx today. It was hard to apply bc of the color of my car, I couldn't see where I applied it. Waited about a half an hour and wiped off. I loved how easy it was to wipe off. I reapplied with a heavier 2nd coat like stated in the directions, and waited another half an hour and wiped off. Even with a heavier 2nd coat the polish wiped right off. The cloth I used was completely dry after wiping off 2 coats, I like this stuff. The shine was great, it wasn't extroardinary like after a buff but it was good enough. I hope this stuff is gona last. I love it so far

Awesome....like I said before, nothing has proven more durable out here in Phoenix!

If you want that Yellow to "POP" you need to clay bar, use Finish Prep and then 2 coats of finish first.

The owner of finish first told me to apply one final coat, wait 15 minutes, remove. Apply second coat, wait overnight, remove. If you are a complete fanatic, apply a total of 4 coats using the overnight technique.

Used the finish first on my spa yellow nsx today. It was hard to apply bc of the color of my car, I couldn't see where I applied it. Waited about a half an hour and wiped off. I loved how easy it was to wipe off. I reapplied with a heavier 2nd coat like stated in the directions, and waited another half an hour and wiped off. Even with a heavier 2nd coat the polish wiped right off. The cloth I used was completely dry after wiping off 2 coats, I like this stuff. The shine was great, it wasn't extroardinary like after a buff but it was good enough. I hope this stuff is gona last. I love it so far

When I get around to it, I'll post pix. Overall for a '93 with 97k on the clock, the car looks stunning. The paint shine and depth is incredible. This was my first time using a clay bar. I expected that to be very hard to do but it was not.

The main problem here in Florida right now is the temps are still 85 or so during the day. I changed shirts 4x in the 90 minutes I worked on the NSX today in my garage. Over the next 2 weeks, I am going to apply finish first twice more applying in the evening and buffing by hand in the AM. When I'm done, I'll use tooth picks to remove any old wax from areas like around the key's etc etc.

Right now I'm thinking of where to take a mini photo shoot. I need a hot little model to volunteer!

Is the 7 pieces kit best to get ?? I've never clay bar before, so I'm thinking I might give this a whirl before putting the car up for storage. Sometime in Nov. this year. Lol

Finsh First is a POLYMER guys, and the web swite says it's a "tough" polymer finish meaning they are proud of it being a polymer which might mean it's polymer content is very high. The question about polymers is always "do they ever fully oxidize or wear off". They were the first "sealants" way back in the 80,s. One time i used one in the 80.s and the next day i noticed that i had apparently put my hand on the hood either before or during the application. I about shi*. I had to use a pretty serious cutting compound with a wool pad. Probably lost half of my clear coat or more and probably spent 40 hours getting it back to shine. Brand new car. And then theres always been many who think that the solvents in the polymer will allow the polymer to enter the paint to a degree that might cause a deleterious effect. They are one of big reasons painters use sealers before painting. IMO a very low polymer product might be fine, but you have no idea what these products will down the road. Since my car is now old, now and then i get the urge to try something like Zaino, but then i remember. Never again. Please Zaino heads, i'm talking polymers coatings vs sit on the top of the paint wax products. We all know you love your Zaino. But just know you now longer have a painted car, you have a painted car with virtually a second clear coat. Way back in 90's i tested several polymers on a spare black NSX door. They shined well but were quite milky. I'm not saying the newer products are milky, but my guess is they are.

But just know you now longer have a painted car, you have a painted car with virtually a second clear coat.

I don't see "virtually a second clear coat" as a problem at all, if anything the use of such a product protects my clear coat better.

Prior owner used finish first on my car and it looked very very good, a deep gloss and excellent optical clarity in reflections.

I have opted for a different multi-layered approach with several brands of "goop" that I have used in the past with fine results. It's what I know and despite the the time and process involved, I like the end result and that's really the point. Use whatever gives you the results you desire.

Back