• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Glowing review in Evo magazine - UK

Hi all,

I've just returned home from work to find a new edition of evo and a four page spread on the press test we've all seen already but from the point of view of the EVO journalists.

Not sure how familiar you all are but EVO is probably the most respected performance car magazine in the UK and they gave it 4.5 stars. Overall the review was glowing. I can see where the half star was lacking but I'm not sure if that particular criticism is a factor for me.

I'm off out now and don't have a scanner at home but if no one else manages to grab the article sooner, I'll find a way to post it when I have time.

Multiple images not working in the first pic post.

...and I definitely need to find this in my local international bookseller here in the US. :)

Great write up. I have to admit it, I am really surprised he is so positive. I am also surprised the front motors "pull the car straight" or whatever he said. I thought the concept was more agility not less?

I wonder what he means by saying that the seating position is too high?

For those with iPads, you can download the Evo app and read the article. As far as I can tell, it's free.

Wow .. that was a great review from Chris! Many comments were similar to the ones he made about the 918 in his now-famous F1-LaF-918 test .. ie. it belies its weight; front torque steer straightens out the track experience; etc. He even directly suggests its a 'baby 918'. Great read.
Tks Adamantium!

Last edited:
I think he did what all analysts need and should do... he entered the review with a neutral mind. He reviewed the car based on what it was designed to do and be. If you start there, the NSX G2 sounds like a wonderful sports car. But if you expect it to be what it is not, you WILL be disappointed. Im really inspired and excited to see the first real video reviews of the car.

Tom

I also think Chris seemed to be the only one who drove the car in depth at all with the stability control switched off. Really good review without preconceived notions of what the car was supposed to be (it is NOT supposed to be high strung and racy, as so many reviewers seemed to have expected). He also has good appreciation for the engineering (which I share).

I also think Chris seemed to be the only one who drove the car in depth at all with the stability control switched off. Really good review without preconceived notions of what the car was supposed to be (it is NOT supposed to be high strung and racy, as so many reviewers seemed to have expected). He also has good appreciation for the engineering (which I share).

Totally agree about the engineering part

First of all, thanks for posting the article. Of interesting note, it's the first performance numbers I've seen (2.9 seconds 0 to 60).

My point was he sounded like quite the McLaren fanboy in a car that has been purposely tuned down to be pretty tame. If he's over exaggerating there (for whatever reason), there may be some of that here as well…

It's the tech that's drawing me to this car. Conventional drivetrains seem so dull to me now.

I agree. I've been driving the more mainstream version of this tech for over a year now. In the RLX Sport Hybrid, let's just say the drivetrain is solid, it just works, and it makes driving a staid-looking luxury car more fun than it is supposed to be. I'm sure the NSX will be even more fabulous in that regard. :)

did anyone notice he thought the handling on our Gen 1 was extremely overrated?

Yes. Tiff Needell said worse (heavy steering, no feedback, etc.), I think this isn't surprising, look at what these guys (Harris and Needell) like to do with cars on their shows: dramatic power slides. The NSX wasn't designed to be husteled rather driven at the pace the steering speed dictates. Some will say it's clever engineering, others a design constraint.

Back