• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Income/Salary range on the forum

Your Annual Income/Salary (bonus/misc included)

• Student

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Unemployed

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Retired

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • $20,000 or less

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • $20,001-$50,000

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • $50,001-$100,000

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • $100,001-$150,000

Votes: 34 24.5%
  • $150,001-$200,000

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • $200,001-$250,000

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • $250,001-$300,000

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • $300,001-$400,000

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • $400,001-$500,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $500,001-$750,000

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • $750,001-$1,000,000

• $1,000,001-$1,500,000

• $1,500,001-$2,000,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2,000,000+

Votes: 11 7.9%

• Total voters
Ive noticed u guys are pretty tough on this board. If you dont want to answer the poll then dont. Just like any other topic on the site. I been around for a very little time and man, Ive never met a more up tight group of people on a forum in yearrrrs. I thought the kids on Honda-Tech were bad with the flaming but goodness. :confused: And I know you guys arent young by any means but man! lol

Anyway I dont own a NSX yet but Im in the 20-50k range (Military E6 pay isnt great) lol I just made E6 earlier this year so hopefully Ill be moving into the 50-100k range soon lol. Come onnnnnn pay raise!

Ive noticed u guys are pretty tough on this board. If you dont want to answer the poll then dont. Just like any other topic on the site. I been around for a very little time and man, Ive never met a more up tight group of people on a forum in yearrrrs. I thought the kids on Honda-Tech were bad with the flaming but goodness. :confused: And I know you guys arent young by any means but man! lol

Anyway I dont own a NSX yet but Im in the 20-50k range (Military E6 pay isnt great) lol I just made E6 earlier this year so hopefully Ill be moving into the 50-100k range soon lol. Come onnnnnn pay raise!

Talk to me in 5 years after this and 2-3 more stupid pulls get posted every month. This is by far the coolest board until people start posting dumb shit like how much you make. Who cares, when you start paying my bills I will tell you what I make. Also see my post about "It's the same as asking dick size".

Congrats on making E-6 mate! That's Stf Sgt right? (sorry if I'm wrong... :redface:). Are you gonna do your 20 or are you out soon?

You've come to the birthplace of uptight but our cars are cool and, really, the people are nice.

Ryan...not everyones been on here for 5 years though man. All Im saying is, if its something you dont want to talk about dont click the topic. So easy to me. :/

Anyway thanks Ski_Banker! Yea in the Army I would be a Staff Sgt. Im in the Air Force though, we call them Technical Sgts. We do promotion diff. then the Army. A bit harder I would say. Yes I do plan on doing 20 plus...Im almost at 11 years in now.

(Sorry for the thread jacking)

Last edited:
The formula used to determine is perhaps directional at best. One important thing it doesn't do is to determine inflation over your timeframe. So, if it determines you need $xxx to retire and you plan on retirment in 20 years, you would probably have to double that amount.:frown:

The formula used to determine is perhaps directional at best. One important thing it doesn't do is to determine inflation over your timeframe. So, if it determines you need $xxx to retire and you plan on retirment in 20 years, you would probably have to double that amount.:frown:

I think you meant to reply to the "how much do you need to retire" thread posted by SOMEONE else...thought i would emphasise the last part lol...:biggrin:

Pretty sweet!!! nice pay raise:)

Talk to me in 5 years after this and 2-3 more stupid pulls get posted every month. This is by far the coolest board until people start posting dumb shit like how much you make. Who cares, when you start paying my bills I will tell you what I make. Also see my post about "It's the same as asking dick size".

i guess I posted "dumb shit"....does that make me one? lol.....but then again, how did this thread impact your life? tell me? did this offend you? did it hurt your feelings? did it make you sad? did it make you angry? did you respond? yes or no? does it matter? if you responded, great. if not, no worries either. the poll is filling up, and getting an idea of the income demographic on this forum. I find it interesting, I bet others do too. Lets me understand where I am in life, and gives me data points and goals to reach. it also lets me know what sort of audience i have on the forum. In any case, I always strive to do better....simple as that. But if I cannot put things into perspective, then I dont know what goals are achievable or not.

all this boiles down to one two things. 1) The thread does not ask you to advertise your income. 2) if you dont want to respond, then dont, simple as that!

Erik,
I guess you are fairly new to Prime. First, I like to wish you a warm welcome. I also like to thank you for serving in the Military, and hope you will get a promotion/pay raise soon. This forum is tough at times, but there is tough as in amiable and there is tough as in rude. I’ll let you figure out which is amiable and which is rude. The good thing about Prime is that we all get to voice our opinions. Sometimes serious, sometimes in good fun, and occasionally we get a shit stirrer. Once this topic has been beaten to death, we move on to the next topic.

Don't mind us. We are just a bunch of kids playing in the Sandbox and throwing sand at each other. Its all in good fun.

You are just the new kid in the Sandbox and some of us like to give wedgies:biggrin:

Erik,
I guess you are fairly new to Prime. First, I like to wish you a warm welcome. I also like to thank you for serving in the Military, and hope you will get a promotion/pay raise soon. This forum is tough at times, but there is tough as in amiable and there is tough as in rude. I’ll let you figure out which is amiable and which is rude. The good thing about Prime is that we all get to voice our opinions. Sometimes serious, sometimes in good fun, and occasionally we get a shit stirrer. Once this topic has been beaten to death, we move on to the next topic.

Next time you do a poll, also throw in some pics. That way, when someone says something you don’t like, you can punish everyone by then pulling the pics, and yet everyone will be mad not at you but the last guy who mouthed off.

i guess I posted "dumb shit"....does that make me one? lol.....but then again, how did this thread impact your life? tell me? did this offend you? did it hurt your feelings? did it make you sad? did it make you angry? did you respond? yes or no? does it matter? if you responded, great. if not, no worries either. the poll is filling up, and getting an idea of the income demographic on this forum. I find it interesting, I bet others do too. Lets me understand where I am in life, and gives me data points and goals to reach. it also lets me know what sort of audience i have on the forum. In any case, I always strive to do better....simple as that. But if I cannot put things into perspective, then I dont know what goals are achievable or not.

all this boiles down to one two things. 1) The thread does not ask you to advertise your income. 2) if you dont want to respond, then dont, simple as that!

Why not ask a poll of what people did to get that income? What steps did they take, how long did it take? Would they do it again, if so what would they change? Why not learn from something not just see the results? It's like seeing someone with money, most ask "What do you do for a living?" Not "How did you get to this point". Do you see what I am talking about? But then again if people posted what they did to become sucessfull the lazy people would not do it anyway :)

Why not ask a poll of what people did to get that income? What steps did they take, how long did it take? Would they do it again, if so what would they change? Why not learn from something not just see the results? It's like seeing someone with money, most ask "What do you do for a living?" Not "How did you get to this point". Do you see what I am talking about? But then again if people posted what they did to become sucessfull the lazy people would not do it anyway :)

About 3000 steps down the road and had to pick up 35 returnable cans and bottles.

Depends on what you qualify as "make" Does it include just regular "gross" work pay or is it "net pay", dividends, stocks, spouse income, rental income..mob income?

That number can vary wildly.

Man, not many in my 20-50 bracket. I feel underpaid. :(

Stupid poll!

this would be difficult to do while keeping things private dont you think? :confused:

Depends on what you qualify as "make" Does it include just regular "gross" work pay or is it "net pay", dividends, stocks, spouse income, rental income..mob income?

That number can vary wildly.

I think it is typical to go with Gross...

Supra,
You do finance work, right? Why don't you explain to us what you do exactly? Some of us might be able to help you "get to the next level" if we knew where you were in your career and what your education/skillset was.

Just trying to be helpful without being pretentious,
Ski

Last edited:
Supra,
You do finance work, right? Why don't you explain to us what you do exactly? Some of us might be able to help you "get to the next level" if we knew where you were in your career and what your education/skillset was.

Just trying to be helpful without being pretentious,
Ski

That is a much better idea then a pull on what people make.

y are you so sensative about this topic??????

Because if you think you are going to get HONEST answers you are on crack. You should have a pull about dick size, I am sure you will get honest answers on that as well, also I am not sensative I put I dont have a job so that alone is false and I bet a few others posted wrong as well so how is wrong data going to help you?

Back