• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab's Big Power Winter build!

Lol, thanks for the praise guys! I love the "Warning Huge Nuts" tag :biggrin:

I'm making T-shirts with that tag and you'll be the first to get one! :biggrin:

I'll take two! One in a white medium Ladies low-cut tank top(for proper LoveFab representation from my wife :tongue: ), and one in a Medium standard black T :biggrin:

Devin - you have NO idea :)

Thought I'd throw up an update about the build. The car has been running great, and averaging 24mpg around town. It's been very hard to restrain myself from matting the throttle whenever I get the urge, but then I think about the $4.00/gal gas that's going up in flames behind me :biggrin:

We will be hitting the dyno in a few weeks to try and make history. If things go well, we will be tearing the motor down for inspection to see how well these motors handle 4 digit horsepower numbers.

Looks like the monster was out again.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMNSaTV6Ofc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMNSaTV6Ofc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Any updates cody, did you get a chance to take her back to the dyno yet and take a crack at the four digit rwhp numbers!? :smile:

Tinker219, love this setup nice and clean but doesnt the track you run have a db limit?

Or maybe your car is quieter than I would think. I know the turbo helps but 4" and an open BOV :eek:

Most tracks on the west coast are ~92db or you see the black or meatball.

In your testing can you put a db meter on for the dyno runs?

Tinker219, love this setup nice and clean but doesnt the track you run have a db limit?

Or maybe your car is quieter than I would think. I know the turbo helps but 4" and an open BOV :eek:

Jeff,

How is your crazy project going ? What are you going to do for suspension ?

Brandon

Jeff,

How is your crazy project going ? What are you going to do for suspension ?

Brandon

After driving an HPDS weekend at T-Hill on Motons (2-Way) W/ full monoball and 1 1/8" front bar. I can see why Shad recommended the 3-way......so up for sale 2-way (W/ 2 days driving on them :redface: ) and on to the next. The project IS CRAZY W/ the 3.5L done but PM me so we don't crap on Tinker219s Thread :biggrin:

BTW: Tinker219 I want to drive your car :wink: :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm running a full 5" exhaust which is the sexiest thing I've ever heard. At 4000rpm and light load, I'm reminded of the turbo F1 era everytime an oncoming car bounces the exhaust note back at me. It's pure bliss. :redface: Oh ya, two 50mm BOV's.

And no, the car is not quiet. We don't have any dB limits up here. It's all rednecks' in bigass hick trucks with open headers. And no tracks. I have to trailer 3 hours for track time.

The car is in paint right now getting shined up; or rather, satin'd up ;) I'll have an announcement to post in a few weeks.

Now that the Vegas dudes have moved on from black satin, you're moving in!

Awesome! That is the best color Ive ever seen on an NSX. Its way better than the BS black from the factory! LOL J/K, but I do adore black satin.

Now that the Vegas dudes have moved on from black satin, you're moving in!

Awesome! That is the best color Ive ever seen on an NSX. Its way better than the BS black from the factory! LOL J/K, but I do adore black satin.

It won't be finished in black ;)

Pink wheels would definately compliment the color - I have been strongly considering this color combo. It also plays well with my company name ;)

Just picked up the car today, though a few bolt-on parts had to be reworked due to some blemishes. All I have to say thus far is two thumbs up! :biggrin:

I think the rest of the parts will be finished later this week so I'll get everything together and get my photographer over here for some good photos.

Oh ya, it looks like we are hitting the dyno sometime the week of June 9th-13th.

Why's that?

Because I want to drive like YOU :tongue:

After trying and trying to tune out a rear high speed bounce out of the downhill (not running the crossover) at THill. We figured out dampening speed was the problem.

Pink wheels would definately compliment the color - I have been strongly considering this color combo. It also plays well with my company name

A female friend of mine started racing this year and I tried to get her to paint the inside of her car pink and campaign it under the motto "It's All Pink On The Inside". She declined.

Because I want to drive like YOU :tongue:

After trying and trying to tune out a rear high speed bounce out of the downhill (not running the crossover) at THill. We figured out dampening speed was the problem.
Well, then you should have turned on your windshield sprayers. That way you would have been dampened much faster. :wink:

What springrates are you running? -if what you said was truly the problem, then yes having a separate high and low speed bump would be nice to properly adjust each aspect of the cars damping.

Quick update from the dyno!

920WHP and 641WTQ on the most conservative dyno we could find.

More horsepower coming. I'll let you guys know what happens.

:eek: thats gotta be a record! get that thing to a track.

Congrats Cody, that has got to be more then a handful on the streets.

And yes, that I'm sure is the highest street driven NSX so far.

Quick update from the dyno!

920WHP and 641WTQ on the most conservative dyno we could find.

More horsepower coming. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Post that DYNO :eek:
Must be a FUN car Cody :tongue:

What did you do to the lower end? Sounds like you NEED that set of billet mains.
Is this still the stock 3.2 W/ forged pistons?

If so what's the life expected?

Note to self, ride Cody's car? Just say No. Great numbers Cody.

Cody,

Awesome numbers and you're just getting started! Should be an interesting summer to come. Congratulations on all your hard work, dedication and contribution to the NSX community.

Best of Luck,

Danny

Back