• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Powder Coated Caliper & Rebuild Service-$200

Powder Coated Caliper Service-$200

Powder Coated Caliper Service-$200
TPS is proud to announce we are now offering caliper powder coating services for our customers. Our powder coating process has 2 coats of powder coating applied to each caliper and bracket. Colors currently available are red, silver, black, yellow. Turn around time is very quick. If you are interested in having your calipers powder coated please contact us.

Rebuilding Option (Add the following costs)
-All calipers being rebuilt will have 100% Brand New Acura Parts included.
(91-93)-$400 (Parts alone is over $300)
(94-96)-$300 (Parts alone is over $200)
(97-05)-$250 (Parts alone is over $150)

Here's some before & after pics of some Corvette Calipers

IMG00017-20091229-1059.jpg

IMG00018-20091229-1059.jpg

IMG00019-20091229-1100.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5080.jpg

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

Last edited:
Is that $200 each caliper, all years?

FYI: The 97-05 caliper rebuild kit is less than 1/2 the 91-93 & about $50 cheaper than 94-96.

Last edited:
I am interested but do not want my NSX sitting in my garage with open brake lines. Any chance of you getting a core replacement set and then making a list of those who want to participate?

A guy (maybe you) on the Corvette Forum did this and I had him powedercoat my C6 calipers. They turned out great and were a breeze to install as all I had to do was; 1) Remove my old calipers, install the powdercoated calipers, send my old calipers back to him.

I'd say....have a core charge and allow the customer 10 days to get them back to you. Then, every day they are late, take $10 from their core refund. This would ensure everyone plays fair and the list keeps moving.

???????????

PM replied :) What color do you want?

Last edited:
I am interested but do not want my NSX sitting in my garage with open brake lines. Any chance of you getting a core replacement set and then making a list of those who want to participate?

A guy (maybe you) on the Corvette Forum did this and I had him powedercoat my C6 calipers. They turned out great and were a breeze to install as all I had to do was; 1) Remove my old calipers, install the powdercoated calipers, send my old calipers back to him.

I'd say....have a core charge and allow the customer 10 days to get them back to you. Then, every day they are late, take $10 from their core refund. This would ensure everyone plays fair and the list keeps moving.

???????????

Getting Cores for an Acura NSX is NOT easy. I can buy some reman ones but that would drive up the costs $250-$300. Corvette Calipers are alot easier to find... also, I need to do a little more research as CL65 Captain brought up some issues we're trying to figure out how to address.

Last edited:
Is this service gonna be around a while?

I am working out the details and am getting a set of NSX brakes tomorrow from a Prime Member to check out what is involved with rebuilding the rears. We do alot of Corvettes, Mustangs, AC Cobras and was caught off guard to see how expensive the rebuild kits were for the NSX. I have another solution for rebuilding the calipers but need to get ahold of a set to make sure what I am thinking will work. We'll probably have several options for NSX owners

#1-Customers send in their brakes taken apart with only the to be powdercoated pieces sent to us. (Caliper Rebuild to be done by customer) (Cheapest Option)
#2-Customer sends in brakes and has us powdercoat and rebuild them
#3-We provide powdercoated & remanufactured units at a higher costs with customers sending us theirs as a core.

Last edited:

???????????

You can buy plugs similar to the ones shown at your local parts store to plug your lines for the time being.

Tapered-Cap-Plug-group1.png

awesome price, btw

Last edited:
Has anyone received their calipers back from this service? What is the turnaround time? Is he able to highlight the NSX lettering in a contrast color? Has the price changed once determined the rebuild kits from AAcura were costing more than expected?

Wow I would love to get my calipers powdercoated on my 2004 NSX.

I don't like the gold and prefer a red color with black NSX logo.

How long will this take?

It would take about a week. It will also depend on if you want us to rebuild the calipers as the parts are NOT easy to obtain and take awhile :mad:

Do you want to send us the calipers taken apart or do you want us to powdercoat them and re-assemble them?

Can you guys do my Hummer H2 calipers. Also, how long is turn around it is my DD. Thanks, Frank

Yes we can do a Hummer and Turn Around time I would say is a week. What I would suggest doing if if you want us to do it.. have us rebuild the whole caliper with new parts which actually will save time because if any of the old parts break then we have to wait for them to arrive. Rebuild kits for GM vehicles are pretty cheap.. I bet you the H2 rebuild kits are less than $120 total.

Has anyone received their calipers back from this service? What is the turnaround time? Is he able to highlight the NSX lettering in a contrast color? Has the price changed once determined the rebuild kits from AAcura were costing more than expected?

We have one set that is done but the customer is nice enough to allow us to use it as a demo for NSX owners to see. I will post up pics of the Calipers later :biggrin:

Ok, So its $600 to powder coat and rebuild with Acura rebuild kits for 4 calipers. This would be for 91-93 NSX. Plus shipping back and forth for those of us not local to you?

Back