• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should I buy an NSX or Viper?

In the quote you quoted me, I said "both". I can say it again just in case you didnt' get it: I don't like them joy-riding during service; I don't like them joy-riding before they sold the car. About your "The rest of us are talking about a used car dealer putting his own dealer plates on a car and driving it before it sells. ", I didn't hear an opinion from you in this and the previous post. If you simply meant it happens, I agree. If you meant they're entitled to do it, I didn't and wouldn't disagree. So are you saying you like how joy-ride happens, or are you just disagreeing something I dislike? Please enlighten me.

And I pointed out that your "It's not to their profit to tear up the cars they're trying to sell." was flawed and gave some examples, because you sure talked like someone at the dealerships.......

Come on guys, who are you kidding. I have a few friends that worked at Hawkinson Ford here is the Chicago land area. Two finance managers and a GSM. When ever they had an interesting car come in from trade they all would 'test drive' it. I have personally been on a couple of these outings. It is definitely not in a cars mechanical favor to have spent some of its time at a dealership. The owner might not be the one abusing it but the rest of the staff certainly doesn't give a crap about the car.

Sorry, i don't post random girls pics like that, this time I had to do it ... sorry offended you ...

I dont have a problem at all. If they get in have a problem with pictures at work maybe they should be working not on this forums. Whats next dont post any other cars that are not a NSX because this is a NSX forum.

In that case, you appear to have taken the conversation off to a private corner and are talking just to yourself. The rest of us are talking about a used car dealer putting his own dealer plates on a car and driving it before it sells.

+1
Bodypainter, that is well put and, very funny.:biggrin:

What adds to the irony is how many people hop right in and follow along.

Last edited:
Snakey and Blue Batmobile, Great posts...loved reading them, thank you so much. This topic really excites people and I love the passion that NSX owners have for thier cars. Do you guys think that 30 years from now, the NSX will be a better investment than a Viper?

Well depends on where you are located,, the Viper has no AC, no radio, sounds like crap,, they offered the AC and radio on special orders, so they are not standard, cant get parts for them, and if you do happen to get parts for it your repair bill will be in a class above Ferrari, A guy I know not a friend of mine had one,, his was in the shop and his buddy let him borrow his NSX till it was fixed,,
he got it back from the shop sold the car now he has an NSX,, he said its like night and day,, now about the NSX,, the parts for the NSX are still expensive but not as bad as the VIPER,, the NSX is a Daily Driver and you will have more fun on the road with it since it will actually be running and not in the shop,, Fuel economy Blows the viper outta the water, More color choices than Viper, its made by Honda, not DODGE THAT PURCHASE,, and if you have ever been to a car show while an NSX is next to a VIPER the NSX steals the show,, Every Viper owner I have seen have been 70+ years old, and the only other viper i saw was a young guy looked like the mechanic test driving the customers car,, the viper is cool to those NASCAR Fans,, but in the real world the NSX is the winner,, thats my Bias opinion though

What does 2 commas(,,) mean? Your post is filled with them.:confused:

deadhorse.gif

Snakey and Blue Batmobile, Great posts...loved reading them, thank you so much. This topic really excites people and I love the passion that NSX owners have for thier cars. Do you guys think that 30 years from now, the NSX will be a better investment than a Viper?

You keep saying Viper but they changed a lot over 18 model years. They range from $25k to $125k. What specific model and year are you looking for?

As a dealer I hope you all know when a car, any car for that fact is purchased at an auction or traded in by a consumer it needs to be sent to the local franchised dealership of the particular brand for an a-z checkup, then to the detail shop for a proper bathing and then to the inspection facility for a safety inspection sticker. Not to mention test driven by customers. So to answer your question yes the cars are driven before you purchase them. And btw they are owned outright by the dealer as well so we have that right. Just wanted to clear the airwaves.

As a dealer I hope you all know when a car, any car for that fact is purchased at an auction or traded in by a consumer it needs to be sent to the local franchised dealership of the particular brand for an a-z checkup, then to the detail shop for a proper bathing and then to the inspection facility for a safety inspection sticker. Not to mention test driven by customers. So to answer your question yes the cars are driven before you purchase them. And btw they are owned outright by the dealer as well so we have that right. Just wanted to clear the airwaves.

Well said!

It is what it is, you want to buy power , get the viper, you want to earn respect, buy and build the NSX. Good luck on your journey.

Last edited:

Thanks for the clarification. Good information and nicely said.

This is one topic I can tell you 100% go for the NSX.. Last year I had both setting my garage. The Viper is 100% a sexy car fast and untamed. The problem is travel and going to the market or anything other than a Sunday drive or picking my son up from school and him getting all of the attention (is that your dads car). I will miss that. I got a NSX with a Superchanger and thats seem to be a perfect match of power and handling. The Viper as a jump in an go car falls short. I did like it and if I did not enjoy canyon runs and handling so much I may have considered keeping it. But I really just got tired of not being able to carry anything or take more than my girl with me on a trip. If I could have one more sports car it would maybe Viper ACR. But for now I replaced my 2002 RT 10 Viper for a Porsche 996 Twin Turbo with 585 tuned HP. I if do get the Viper you will forever be addicted to power and not many cars will give the the off the line power of a Viper. If this is your weekend toy and you just wont to go fast get a Viper Is you wont a lot more IMHO NSX or Porsche. Assuming we are talking under 40K range.

Attachments

• DSC_2148 (Small).JPG
    DSC_2148 (Small).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_2149 (Small).JPG
    DSC_2149 (Small).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 116
  • LAS_0316 (Small).JPG
    LAS_0316 (Small).JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_2848 (Small).JPG
    DSC_2848 (Small).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_2865 (Small).JPG
    DSC_2865 (Small).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I still can't believe this post has gotten this many replies and I haven't seen where nsx OR viper has driven either car yet. I mean ...will you go out and drive these cars already and then please come back and tell us what YOU liked about each one. Geez - this is almost insane. I mean there are guys on our site coming out talking up Porsches and Vipers I mean what gives. I like other cars too but obviously there have been so many opinions expressed each way that not a new though has been given in a while and I still haven't found out if our guy has done anything about driving these cars.

whew, just had to chime it since this thing hasn't gone away yet!:rolleyes:

I just don't get the Viper thing. Poorly built, Clutch required every 5k miles. etc.

To me the "best " option beside an NSX is a Corvette. World class performance, in a sub $60K package new.

In my case, "I just don't care for Corvettes!"

Lol, it doesn't help qhen you bump the thread either ;).

Bat

Right you are but I think NSXorVIPER needs the BOOST- surely not you Bat. You obviously are checking in on this inane thread....:biggrin: for grins I guess. Same here - I just felt like blasting this dude....:wink:

I just don't get the Viper thing. Clutch required every 5k miles. etc.

Why do people with no actual knowledge of the car chime in? That is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read. The Viper has many faults but the drive train is not one of them. The stock clutch can hold over 900wheel. I can not think of car for comparable money with a better clutch. Where do these idiotic rumors come from?

tbromley is right, drive them both and tell use what you think.

Last edited:
Back