• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slow window repair by Hugo (SIGN-UP)

So was there not enough interest in Chicago or St Louis for Hugo to stop? I can go to either venue so if it happens count me in.

HONDA9000, we have 5 people so far reserved for Chicago.

Just a heads up for everyone, Hugo will be in the US in July. Final details will be via PM.

Thanks xnsx. I am interested in being on the list if I can. I need a date to see if I can get out of work so could you PM me as well with a date, time and location if there is room for me? My windows are super slow!

Last edited:
I'm interested in this. Date and location? Will Hugo be bringing some kits with him or do we need to purchase in advance? My driver window is on its last legs.

I'm interested in driving over from Michigan to Chicago for this.

1) how do you know if your windows need it, I've only had the car for a month. The windows roll up but are much slower up than down, and the speed isn't constant, it slows way down when almost up.

2) Will he have kits with him or do we need to buy them ahead of time.

3) where and when?

Thanks
Bob

When should we expect to know the exact date? I'm relatively flexible but some here need to arrange days off from work to make this happen.

Thanks, Paul.

I'm interested as well, assuming someone is willing to provide a place to work, as I don't have one. Not sure if that's part of the original plan, but would probably make things easier for Hugo anyway.

Hey guys, the reserved date with Hugo is 8/1. The location is also set too but I can't post it here because it's not my property but it's near Chicago. Right now I'm still trying to work out a timeline with Hugo for everyone so many of us don't have to wait all day for our turn. Check your inbox in the next few days or weeks, depending on when I get a response from Hugo, for further info and your final confirmation before I end this thread.

To answer a common question: Yes, Hugo will have his kits with him for you to purchase on the day of the meet if you don't have one already.

Take me off the list for Chicago, I found out he's going to be in Michigan on the 5th so that's much easier for me.

I am interested and would be willing to host a site. I am 45 minutes NW of Milwaukee. Sounds like there is a number of people from this region (Chicago/Milwaukee) that are interested. Let's make this happen. Even meeting in Manitowoc before he sets sail for Michigan would be cool with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I have made contact with Phil and have a general idea of the location at this point.
I would like to be included on this fix for both of my windows. As I understand it, the kit includes parts for both windows, please correct me if I am wrong on that. The question I still have: Is the labor cost $200 (panel on) or $125 (panel off) based on both windows or individual? Regardless, I would like to have both done at the same time. I'll keep checking here, or someplace else here (?)...as a fairly new member, I am still somewhat unfamiliar with navigating this site. Thanks for your patience, but please put me on the list. Thanks, Rich

I am interested and would be willing to host a site. I am 45 minutes NW of Milwaukee. Sounds like there is a number of people from this region (Chicago/Milwaukee) that are interested. Let's make this happen. Even meeting in Manitowoc before he sets sail for Michigan would be cool with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I have made contact with Phil and have a general idea of the location at this point.
I would like to be included on this fix for both of my windows. As I understand it, the kit includes parts for both windows, please correct me if I am wrong on that. The question I still have: Is the labor cost $200 (panel on) or $125 (panel off) based on both windows or individual? Regardless, I would like to have both done at the same time. I'll keep checking here, or someplace else here (?)...as a fairly new member, I am still somewhat unfamiliar with navigating this site. Thanks for your patience, but please put me on the list. Thanks, Rich
Sounds like 125 to fix both doors of you remove the door cards. 200 if he removes it.

Let's make a few things clear:

It seems like we already have a date - October 1st, right?
Where are me meeting and what time?
Is there a schedule for the day or should we all arrive at the same time?
Do we know how long it takes for Hugo to upgrade one side?

Guys, sorry for the delay. I haven't heard anything from Hugo for a while now since he confirmed the date of 8/1 to me. As of right now there isn't a time set yet since I don't know how long it'll take Hugo to work on one side. I already asked him so once I get a confirmation from him I can start making a schedule for us. For those friendly members that just want to hang out and chat, I don't see a problem in that. We're all adults here so hopefully everyone can work something out.

For those who are serious about getting their windows done, I would appreciate it if you can email/PM me your user name and time availability. Although, I cannot guarantee you guys your specific time. I'll try to get you in as close as I can on your availability while accommodating others. This is a first come first reserve. When everything are all set, I'll post your name with your schedule time on the first page and reply back with the info including the location. This will be a confirmation for everyone else. Thanks.

Let's make a few things clear:

It seems like we already have a date - October 1st, right?
Where are me meeting and what time?
Is there a schedule for the day or should we all arrive at the same time?
Do we know how long it takes for Hugo to upgrade one side?

August 1st, Paul!😊

Amscollision, you'll need to work that out with Hugo.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, I finally got words from Hugo today. He recommended everyone coming together in the morning. Please disregard your reserved time from page 1 as it's no longer important. Sorry for any inconvenience. Below are Hugo's words.

"Best way is to do all car at once, calling everyone at 7 or 8 am, with willing members helping eachothers that usually turns out to be the fastest and best solution if not the only. Lining cars hourly can easily turn into a bad idea with late or give-up members and we miss the complete spirit of a mini- nsxpo :)"

I plan to be there, early (7:00am), Saturday 8/1 somewhere in Spring Grove, IL which was the last I heard was the meeting place. Could we please get a specific address? This has been hard to keep track of. From what I gather from the above from Hugo, is that if we all get together, take off our door panels together and work as one big team, we can get it done as a group project. Is that a correct assumption? Thanks, Rich D.

Rich, I think the idea is that he will remove/replace the unit from the door for a labor fee and for the cost of the parts (that he is bringing with him.)

If you elect to have him remove your door panels, he will charge you a labor fee for that. I presume based on what has been explained, so long as we remove the door panels, he will remove the motor/track for the labor charge he has quoted.

XNSX - if I misspoke in any way, please correct me.

Speedmaster is correct. Even though it's a mini NSXPO, you're still responsible to either remove your own door panels with the help from others (free of charge) or elect to have Hugo do it for you which will cost for a labor fee.

Yes, location has been picked already. PM me if you're registered and didn't have it yet.

Back