• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slow window repair by Hugo (SIGN-UP)

I will also be there first thing in the morning, I have to be in the city by 10:30 which means I have to leave Phil's house no later than 9:30 so if you don't mind I would like to be one of the first in line.

Thank you in advance :).

I would say cash too. Maybe he might accept Paypal too if he can see it right there and then.

But Paul we enjoy you hanging around with us :biggrin: ...

I will be there as long as I can! I might even come back in the afternoon after I'm done with work as long as you guys will still be there ;)

Based on some advice on the Facebook page, I ordered a set of trim removal tools to aid in door panel removal. I'll be bringing them along on 8/1.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this YouTube and it makes removing the door panels fairly easy and straight forward.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PW51BtfPnYQ

Does anyone know what the service will entail? Will it include cleaning the rails (inside the door)? What about the actual kit...does it include just the pulley system or the guides as well?

Also, as with Paul/Brylek, I will be getting there at opening/early. I have commitments I need to get back to the city for.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the service will entail? Will it include cleaning the rails (inside the door)? What about the actual kit...does it include just the pulley system or the guides as well?

Also, as with Paul/Brylek, I will be getting there at opening/early. I have commitments I need to get back to the city for.

I spoke with Hugo.

I have the information I need.

On a separate note, if anyone has a spare OEM stereo that they will part with, bring it with you to the repair clinic. I am looking to buy one.

Just wanted to say thanks to Hugo for the window repairs, Phil for the emergency tire service, and Paul for the spare set of wheels.

Last edited:
That was fun meeting everyone. Thanks Hugo for coming out! Thanks Phil for the location and hospitality! Thanks xnsx for setting it up!

My window rolls up without being embarrassing.

I will be there as long as I can! I might even come back in the afternoon after I'm done with work as long as you guys will still be there ;)

Your windows are slowing down already?
Just curious as we have the same year and mine appear to be OK.

Great turnout for everyone. Thanks Phil and his wife for their hospitality. Thanks Hugo for coming. Great guy. Nice meeting everyone. See you all next time.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the regulator bushing kit for Science of Speed. I have a 1991 and the windows are very slow. I am in the Philadelphia PA area. Is there any way to get my windows fixed.

Also, are these the parts I will need? They are the yellow teflon business.

Thanks,

Ken<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/53c62860/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Back