• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX and dating

Mike-san said:
Look at things this way. I think that everyone's confidence varies depending on the situation. We don't go out clubbing w/ morning breath and homeless clothes. We want to look our best in order to increase our confidence in presenting ourselves to the opposite sex. If your buddies kidnapped you in the morning and put you in a social situation, you would probably shrink due to the fact that you felt self concious about your smell and appearence. So, everyone's confidence varies depending on the situation. I had confidence before, but the car increased it. No lie. It adds to the image I present. It's not everything of course, but it IS something. The responses made me sound like a kid who has just put on a cowboy suit. That's unfair. I do have new standards, but they basically just apply to the potential women who may or may not date me. I'm a nice person...really. Redshift, I'm tired of fighting. On paper, I'm wrong and your'e right regarding a car determining a person's worth. I'm just defending myself against accousations that I'm totally immature and shallow and insecure in ALL areas of my life.
Fair enough... I don't doubt the fact that you're a nice guy. Honestly, I don't like the fighting either... I just had to take issue. Your current analogy makes you much more personable to me... unfortunately your original post (and some of your following posts) did not make it sound like that was what you were trying to say... at all. I did apologize for the emotional and sharp attack, I believe that was largely due to the fact that I had just spoken to my sister the day before; a person who has suffered greatly at comments like your first one. I am certainly still bothered by it, but everybody does have the right to be who they are... I am no exception... I go to clubs in my Ferrari jacket.

Just kidding on that last one :biggrin:

Meeyatch1 said:
Well....I can honestly say that the amount of 'pimp game' that I am lacking is so huge that nothing short of a McLaren F1 or Ferrari F40 could help my ability to attract the opposite sex. :D

hhhhhhhahahha, and to think... I thought you'd need 2 NSX's to compensate ;)

Thanks, RedShift.....I had never heard of shill bidding until that post. I thought "bid boosting" was a generally accepted practice and never really thought about it as being fraudulent. Anyway, I caught a lotta crap that day..... :frown:

Hey Mike-San
It's cool that you are being honest, but asking that question in a forum full of middle-aged, married and fat men won't help this thread much. You have to agree that a lot of NSX owners are too (married) to experience the (elevated level of girl attractions) Again I said MOST not all. So you will hear majority of posters bashing on your point of view but there are few that reluctant to be frank about their sensitive sides.
Happy pimpin'

Mark911 said:
Problem was I couldn't take it into all the bars with me so it didn't do any good!
I think you're on to something mark! I suddenly have an entrepreneurial idea!
but really, i know of bimmer guys that will non-chalantly set their keys on the table when they sit down at a table or bar (with their shiney BMW leather fob)
problem is, doubt my Honda fob would attract much :biggrin:

96GoldNSX said:
Hey Mike-San
It's cool that you are being honest, but asking that question in a forum full of middle-aged, married and fat men won't help this thread much. You have to agree that a lot of NSX owners are too (married) to experience the (elevated level of girl attractions) Again I said MOST not all. So you will hear majority of posters bashing on your point of view but there are few that reluctant to be frank about their sensitive sides.
Happy pimpin'
I was the "main basher" on this thread, and I don't fit your generalization about NSX owners. Even when I do fall into that demographic, I'll still feel the same way about certain aspects of self-worth and insensitivity. I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem (or the enabler who supports the problem).

paladin said:
I think you're on to something mark! I suddenly have an entrepreneurial idea!
but really, i know of bimmer guys that will non-chalantly set their keys on the table when they sit down at a table or bar (with their shiney BMW leather fob)
problem is, doubt my Honda fob would attract much :biggrin:

Dudes, when ya all gonna learn ??? You get to the club early, park your car next to the entrance under the lights, and then go inside. Periodicaly, go out and check the line to get in. When it's filled w/ girls that you like,go out to your car because you "forgot" your cell phone, lighter, cigars, etc..( It's also a good time to check and see if guys are leaning against your ride). Paladin, Where's your titanium key ? Everyone, go to my website : ww. How to use the NSX in your pimp game if you're insecure and shallow.com :biggrin:

I didn't read this whole thread and since I'm married, my standards in women are pretty constant (hi honey! ;) ) but my experience is straight girls aren't all that wowed by the NSX.

Guys and lesbians, yup they love it, but not so much ordinary gals. Truth be told, our SLK is much much more of a chick magnet than my NSX.

bodypainter said:
I didn't read this whole thread and since I'm married, my standards in women are pretty constant (hi honey! ;) ) but my experience is straight girls aren't all that wowed by the NSX.

Guys and lesbians, yup they love it, but not so much ordinary gals. Truth be told, our SLK is much much more of a chick magnet than my NSX.

No wonder I couldn't close the deal !!! :biggrin:

Dudes, when ya all gonna learn ??? You get to the club early, park your car next to the entrance under the lights, and then go inside. Periodicaly, go out and check the line to get in. When it's filled w/ girls that you like,go out to your car because you "forgot" your cell phone, lighter, cigars, etc..( It's also a good time to check and see if guys are leaning against your ride). Paladin, Where's your titanium key ? Everyone, go to my website : ww. How to use the NSX in your pimp game if you're insecure and shallow.com
or better yet, get yourself a two way Alarm system with the pager thingie on your windsheild... (I have one).....

but my experience is straight girls aren't all that wowed by the NSX.
My little Porm puppy pull 10x more chicks in bikini than my nsx. And yeep, I'm close to middle aged, married and slightly over weighted male too. (Hi Dan!!) So if a girl stop by and talk to me about my puppy or nsx, that already made my day, nothing much..... in case my wife is reading this... :biggrin: LOL.

Regarding Mermaid's post on picking up Grandma: I have a lot of older age woman walking around my car and checking out. Also I will never forget that one time, I had my 80 yrs. grandma waving at the guy in a 350Z, (He was being an ass on the hwy), after I dive bombed him on an off ramp and left him in the rain.... Somehow, my grandma doesn't mind me driving fast :) She just complained to my mom privately "oh, his car is not comfy, very hard to get in/out, but seeesh don't tell him that, or else he won't come pick me up again."

skyguy said:
This is what type of girl who likes your car.

25638623-L.jpg

BTW: Now go watch the movie "Shallow Hal"
shallow_hal.jpg

You know; if I was looking to dig up some gold by looking for a guy in a sports car; it wouldn't be one driving an NSX! Let's be honest here, if you are playing a numbers game the odds of hitting the jackpot just aren't in your favor. :rolleyes:

Mike-san said:
Dudes, when ya all gonna learn ??? You get to the club early, park your car next to the entrance under the lights, and then go inside. Periodicaly, go out and check the line to get in. When it's filled w/ girls that you like,go out to your car because you "forgot" your cell phone, lighter, cigars, etc..( It's also a good time to check and see if guys are leaning against your ride). Paladin, Where's your titanium key ? Everyone, go to my website : ww. How to use the NSX in your pimp game if you're insecure and shallow.com :biggrin:

i really dislike people like you. thats why i would never want to own a ferrari or lamborghini, cause you have to go to shows and run into people like this all the time it would just be so annoying. probably cant even change his oil.

Number #1 You should have read the whole thread before posting, because then you would have understood the humor behind my post. How you failed to see the tongue and cheek humor behind what I wrote is beyond me ( I guess you thought my website was real ). Redshift, your title has been taken !!! Number #2 You might THINK I can't change my oil, but I KNOW that you don't know where the shift key is on the keyboard !!!

I'm so unattractive I couldn't attract a hot girl even if I owned/drove a McLaren F1. Fortunately my wife puts up with me. :D

I find I attract more guys (who are into cars) than anything else, in my NSX.

To tell you the truth I wish the NSX didn't attract so much attention. Whether I'm worth $1 or $1 billion, I like to remain anonymous and not flashy.

That's why you'll never see my garage doors open except for the 30 seconds or so that it takes to pull the NSX into and out of the garage.

I love hanging with NSX owners, but I never like to show off my NSX.

This is why my daily driver is a lowly Accord, with nearly a quarter million miles on it. Being flashy is just not me, will never be me.

Cheers.

NSXDreamer2 said:
My little Porm puppy pull 10x more chicks in bikini than my nsx. And yeep, I'm close to middle aged, married and slightly over weighted male too. (Hi Dan!!) So if a girl stop by and talk to me about my puppy or nsx, that already made my day, nothing much..... in case my wife is reading this... :biggrin: LOL.

I agree!! my shelty do pull more attention than anythings...

ParisModel said:
You know; if I was looking to dig up some gold by looking for a guy in a sports car; it wouldn't be one driving an NSX! Let's be honest here, if you are playing a numbers game the odds of hitting the jackpot just aren't in your favor. :rolleyes:

I agree with you too :smile: I know 3 people who drive a NSX, and they ... poor... :tongue: what can you say... maybe my luck is just not here...

johnsylora said:
My friend and I wrote a note to the effect "We think you 3 girls are hot! Would you like to ride in a supercar! We could wait until you're done eating. My phone number is ... and email ... PS The supercar is a brand new Acura NSX!"

You have got to be kidding me??!! :eek:

STI said:
I agree with you too :smile: I know 3 people who drive a NSX, and they ... poor... :tongue: what can you say... maybe my luck is just not here...
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You honestly know 3 poor people who OWN an NSX; are they just "driving" their parents' cars? Are you sure you're not thinking 240SX or Nissan NX? Every other NSX owner that I know is pretty well off... financially speaking that is.

Most poor people that I see are driving a pair of REEBOKs. :wink:

redshift said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You honestly know 3 poor people who OWN an NSX; are they just "driving" their parents' cars? Are you sure you're not thinking 240SX or Nissan NX? Every other NSX owner that I know is pretty well off... financially speaking that is.

Most poor people that I see are driving a pair of REEBOKs. :wink:

IT'S TRUE! Whales aren't seen driving an NSX!

ParisModel said:
IT'S TRUE! Whales aren't seen driving an NSX!
I'm assuming that by "whale" you mean an ultra rich Vegas high roller.

In that case, I don't think the "whale" will be driving at all... he'll probably be chauffeured or he'll arrive on the helipad.

:frown: What's the point of insulting NSX owners anyway? :frown:

redshift said:
I'm assuming that by "whale" you mean an ultra rich Vegas high roller.

In that case, I don't think the "whale" will be driving at all... he'll probably be chauffeured or he'll arrive on the helipad.

:frown: What's the point of insulting NSX owners anyway? :frown:

Please don't take it as an insult! Stats are stats babe!

PS - Do you really want to know what my whale friends drive...or...are you just trying to be funny? :eek:

ParisModel said:

I could never figure out how someone could be smart enough to make loads of cash, yet not be smart enough to recognize that someone is w/ them only for their money. Donald Trump said it best " A woman can fake attraction on the first dinner date, but she can't fake it on the second one."

Back