• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2011 F1 Thread....Now That 2010 is Over

Michael Schumacher looks just plain weird in those glasses.

Is he paid to wear them? If so, I understand. Everyone has to make their money in some way.

1315497305.jpg

Re: you're kidding, right?

Michael Schumacher looks just plain weird in those glasses.

Is he paid to wear them? If so, I understand. Everyone has to make their money in some way.

or maybe you're just getting old. I'm so old, I definitely know I don't know what cool is or why anybody looks the way they do these days. So I don't question anything, I just laugh and appreciate that everyone is putting on a show.

When do we start the official 2012 Thread? I think that sucking sound heard during the race was Ferrari starting work on next year's car.
At least Fred had a great start.
Miner

They already told that car is more radical and will be competitive for sure.
Start was great but sad is how car run on harder tires.Luckly that Schumy stopped Mclarens for some laps it was interesting to watch how Mercedes was fast on straights that Lewis with DRS could't pass him.
I wonder is it RB car of Seb from other planet?

Sparrow's Monza Thoughts:
  • Move of the Day - Seb passing Alonso on the outside of T3 for the lead.
  • Congrats to Seb on having an absolutely dominant race today, it honestly has to be defeating for the other drivers when he pulls off a 5 second gap within the first 5 or 6 laps.
  • The Ferrari's had amazing launches, not so much for RBR or the McLarens.
  • A big :facepalm: to Webber.
  • What a race for Schumi, I thought he would get on the podium today. He's steadily improved and I think he'll end up on the podium for Mercedes GP before Rosberg.

The race itself was entertaining and boring. Entertaining to watch McLaren, Ferrari, & Mercedes battle it out but boring in that no one was able to challenge Vettel once he took the lead.

P.S. Ted take a look @ the drivers standings, my boy Jenson is 5 points down on Alonso & with the F150 Italia being the dog it is, I might just be getting another free meal.

http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/

Sebastian Vettel has introduced drifting to F1, when he did that during qualifying to claim pole position. Now he's driving like Ayrton Senna, except Ayrton Senna drove like that at every race. Sebastian Vettel fully deserves to be a WDC once more.

Next year we'll have Jenson Button vs. Sebastian Vettel right down to the last race, as I noted earlier.

Now the fun part of the year starts, even though the older, more sensible drivers may actually hold back some simply because they don't want to sacrifice their life or their career for 3rd or 4th place in the WDC.

Keep your powder dry for next year.

When do we start the official 2012 Thread?
Right after Bernie decides to cancel the rest of the year's races and reimburse all the track organizers for having filled every single seat at their respective venue.

I want JB and the rest of the hard-working drivers and especially their even harder working crew to take a long deserved rest and start fresh next year.

I'm telling you, Button is that good. Put him on the same team as Vettel and let us relive those Senna/Prost days of 1988/89.

Re: Don't start salivating just yet.

P.S. Ted take a look @ the drivers standings, my boy Jenson is 5 points down on Alonso & with the F150 Italia being the dog it is, I might just be getting another free meal.

Yeah, JB's crew "behaved" themselves and didn't screw the pooch this time. So............it's obvious the Red Car boys need to remember to leave the agreed to bag of money under the appropriate tree on the appointed moonless night. They obviously forgot this week. But not to worry, they'll get it done for next race; Fred's pulled some $hit in Singapore before; he'll do it again. :tongue:

Interesting move by Vettel to run a lower gearing to help him drive out of the corners, at the sacrifice of ultimate top end speed. Could have turned pear shaped [see Hamilton's race] if he had been caught in close company with Alonso or Button for more then half a lap. Kudos for a brilliant weekend.

Webber's weekend was compromised from the start. Why would you be the only leading driver to run an old motor at Monza which has the highest average speed on the calender?? :rolleyes:

He actaully has a resonable start for a change, then goes and throws it away with the pass on Massa................ It shows more than a little frustration being evident. I wonder how much frustration was due to the car he had to work with? And before anyone states the obvious about Vettel, Vettel was not handicapped with an old motor [which included runing fewer laps in practice to "save" the motor].

So guys ...going into sector 3 of the series....Which driver should Mclaren treat as #1?

Re: Stirring the pot...........nice !!

Glad you brought that up Doc. Just the kind of intrigue and skullduggery that keeps us watching. :wink::biggrin:

Hard to say if we have more JB-lovers than Hamo-haters. Maybe some replies will help set the grid for that popularity contest. :tongue:

Made me lol...

http://www.planetf1.com/off-on-f1/7173882/Schumacher-Of-Toad-Hall

Fckin lol'd reading this.
PlanetF1 has managed to get hold of the full transcript of the radio transmissions between Mercedes and Michael on Sunday - poop poop!

There were shades of Toad of Toad Hall on Sunday, with Ross Brawn playing the part of Badger and Michael Schumacher playing the part of the roadhogging Toad - poop poop.

In Kenneth Graham's Wind in the Willows, Badger takes the feckless Toad aside and tries to get him to mend his ways and give up his maniacal driving, but Toad's having none of it. Using his extensive contacts in Formula One Management, Andrew Davies has managed to obtain the verbatim transcript of the Mercedes radio transmissions from Sunday.

Engineer: Michael, we're concerned you might get a penalty for blocking.

Michael: Why?

Engineer: Because Race Control just warned us you were blocking.

Michael: Blocking? Why - it's my own team-mate?

Engineer: No, it's Hamilton. That yellow helmet is Hamilton not Nico.

Michael: Oh (pause) I can't see anything in my mirrors.

Engineer: Are the mirrors broken?

Michael: No, somebody has stuck a nice photo of Kobayashi in the left mirror and Petrov in the right mirror.

Engineer: Can you repeat that?

Michael: Only joking - hang on a second, we're coming up to Ascari ...Yes! And again he fails to take The Schum! Get in there mein Sohn!

Engineer: Michael, you have to stop blocking.

Michael: We are having a nice battle.

Engineer: Charlie doesn't see it that way.

Michael: You know I wonder if I can get him onto the grass this lap...

Engineer: If you don't stop blocking I'm going to get Ross.

Michael: Not listening!

Ross: Michael, this is Ross. You have to leave room for Lewis at Ascari

Michael: There is plenty of room.

Ross: You need to leave a car's width of tarmac, not just a car's width between yours and the barrier.

Michael: This really is a nice lot of fun.

Ross: Michael, you have to leave Lewis room, if you collide-

Michael: He'll get the blame. He always gets the blame for everything. It won't be a problem.

Ross: We had enough trouble with Rubens last year.

Michael: Schum, Schum, Schum Schum, Schuuuuuuuuuum!

Ross: If you don't move over I'll tell people about 1994.

Michael: Er...you know, I think my tyres are going off.

[Ends]

Now rumor of Ferrari want Button for 2013. I think it will be a mistake for Button to go to Ferrari, but every driver wants to be with that marque at least once.

Re: Oh IDK..........

Butt stood up to Hamo just fine, maybe he'll want to up the challenge and see if he can survive Fred's dominent, (driver #1) heel. :rolleyes: For him to challenge or subvert Fred's fame and glory would wreak total chaos in the Red Car camp, so Ferrari would never actually do it, but it's an interesting thought.

Time for another hit. :tongue:

I think Ferrari should get Hami to be with Fernando again. They will push each other hard.... Off the track...lol

McLaren should make Button #1 and bring in webber.

Back