• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2011 F1 Thread....Now That 2010 is Over

For the love of his uncle's driving, I really want Bruno to shine. The reality ofcourse, may be quite different. He will no longer be looking forward to just finishing a race, which is good, but, then he has to deal with the likes of Ko bayashi. Nick may not be the fastest guy on the grid, however he is immensely talented. The Lotus/Renault has not always been a reliable and quick car. In this arena, where car determines the win as much as the driver, very few can race a bad car at the front of the grid. I wish Bruno all the best. I also hope that Robert gets well and starts racing again, soon.

Bruno qualified 7th at Spa so he seems to have the skills..outqualified Petrov too...

Nice picture of Brunu qualifying in the wet:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/rena_bsenn_spaf_2011-22.jpg

Too bad it's in a Renault engine again, the same engine in the car that killed Ayrton. But at least he is not driving for Williams.

His remarks as reported after qualifying shows he's a very methodical driver. He talks about mistakes at specific places on the track other drivers make, so he knows it's all about putting together a perfect lap, and not about being daring or a showman.

I'm sleeping this Sunday

last thing I need is another boring race where Red Bull and Vettel just take a stroll to the win.

Disappointed to see JB & crew FU quali. Maybe Vettel will not run away with the win, the red cars and macca have been giving him some competition.
Hoping for changing whether conditions for more interesting race but I think
forecast is for no rain. 5 hours to go before race.

Hamilton finally admitted it was 100% his fault.

1314551467.jpg

There goes another 5% of next year's potential sponsorship money for McLaren. They must be getting used to coming second as constructors every year.

Look at how flat the rear wing is on the Sauber. It's amazing they can still go around corners with it set like that.

Again, Jenson shown what he's got. If the team didn't screw up on his qualifying, he had a shot of winning it.

MS did a fantastic job!

Great race overall , Sergio got a penalty not nice...
Kamui's race ruined thanks to Lewis , amazing start, was awesome seeing Rosberg taking first place .

Amazing race by button and schummy .

-MSR

BBC showed all of Jenson's passes during the race and they looked magnificent. Remember: this is Spa. It's a very fast circuit. It takes a top notch driver to do those passes at such speeds. Maybe that's why Spa is the first race after the summer break.

Next year we might see Jenson vs. Seb right down to the last race.

y_mcla_butt_spaf_2011-470x313.jpg

Last edited:
Sebestian Vettel = Jac Villenuve
Fernando Alonson = Mika Hakannan
Jenson Button = Alain Prost
Mark Webber = Gerhard Berger
Lewis Hamilton = Nigel Mansell

At least that's how I assets them.

A great season so far... It has been a while since I enjoy F1, other than the 2008 season watching Brawn GP.

Still this RB cars are fastest on grid,Mc Laren looked ok and Ferrari on soft tyres but others are long a way.Fernando is (like allways)my favourite for 2.
I expected more from Bruno.Hope that finally F cars will work good on Monza.

Awesome job by Jenson Button! Hope he keeps it up and takes 2nd at least. He's got the most passes so far or something like that.

Another crap start by Webber? :confused: pretty fishy...

Wish we could have seen a better result from Bruno Senna since he had a good qual.

Perez, shitty luck with the car again. :(

Love to see my boy JB take the fight to the grid like that (MSC too). Rosberg had a great start, but I suspect his crew told him to back off due to a engineering issue- that's the only explanation for taking off so fast and then giving the lead back to Seabass so easily. That, and the car looked like it was on fire at the start. :) What is up with Webber's starts this year?

Also, Lewis publicly apologized to Kamui today and took total responsibility for the crash. It seems he is starting to think more about his legacy than in past years.

Hamo payed a price in brain cells that day.He was out until the stewards tapped on his helmet,he took alot of G load hitting the wall.I like how Mercedes handles team orders....they told rosberg to short shift and cruise to save fuel allowing shumi to assume 5th without incident.

Hamo payed a price in brain cells that day.He was out until the stewards tapped on his helmet,he took alot of G load hitting the wall.I like how Mercedes handles team orders....they told rosberg to short shift and cruise to save fuel allowing shumi to assume 5th without incident.

Agree on Hamilton passing out, I noticed that.

What would Mercedez win with Michael taking fifth from Rosberg ?

-MSR

Agree on Hamilton passing out, I noticed that.

What would Mercedez win with Michael taking fifth from Rosberg ?

-MSR

I have no idea other than to make MS happy on his 20th aniversary:confused:

Re: Help an old guy out here

What's that? A historical Italian deal? Or some inside perspective on F-1 racing? Maybe replacing Flippy with an actual Italian driver? :rolleyes:

My understanding is the Italian GP is part of the celebration of Unification of the houses of Italy, every Septemeber. Since Italy evolved from the Roman Empire, it has never declared any "Indepenance" such as our 4th of July, Mexico's 16th of September, etc. But until the unification (which in classic Italian is debated), the various regions of Italy (except for Rome) completed unification around 1860, which isin't exactly 150 years ago, but Ferrari named this year's car the 150 in commemoration of the event. Italy became a republic in 1945 ish after WW2.

Massa's ancestors are Italian, so we all settle for having 1 driver + 1 test driver who are Italian. Of course, since the Roman empire at one time or another pretty much controlled the world, we're all decendents of Italy.:biggrin:

Miner

It's almost time for Monza!

It looks to be hot and dry this weekend. Will the F150 win it's home race during the unification celebration? Let's hope so.

Miner

It will be good for spectators Ferrari fan's.I was at Monza in 2006. and 2007. allways atmosphere is unique.Especially when F cars win.

Last edited:
Re: The Official 2011F1 Thread

Massa's ancestors are Italian, so we all settle for having 1 driver + 1 test driver who are Italian. Of course, since the Roman empire at one time or another pretty much controlled the world, we're all decendents of Italy.:biggrin:

Miner

Hey maybe they could get young Daniel Ricciardo?? His father was born in Italy, and Daniel spent a couple of years racing in the lower formulae in Italy. They could do worse....................... :biggrin:

Back