• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

Yup Mad Max and RB did a fine race.....this track there is no passing zone, and quite hard on tires.

Merc and LH, can't win them all.....I was surprise by the fall off by the Ferrari duo, what happen to them?

Bram

Only 3 drivers finished on the lead lap. Most were lapped at least once a few 2 or more. This has been a common theme in F1 for sometime.

Very poor start for Hamilton in the sprint qualifying hands Max the pole for Sunday, as well as a gift of a couple of points to help the title race. Gasly was unlucky that a minor touch ended his previously solid weekend. Danny Ric and/or Lando should trouble the podium in some form.
Let's hope the Grand Prix is a bit more exiting than the Sprint...

Well you can say that, but he did the same thing to Lewis on the first lap......Lewis was wise enough to take the curb and back out.....But Mad Max did not want to do this at the turn 1 corner incident.

The Stewarts will look at the incident and make their decision., we'll see in a few minutes.

Bram

This is based on my opinion, after looking at the race and the incident a few times.... plus all the information that has been reveled online as to Mad Max state of mind, after being in the pit box for 10 seconds etc... I believe that this was an intentional.

Bram

A small grid penalty and a couple of race licence points is getting off lightly for Max - he was never ahead in turn 1 or 2 on lap 26 and drove into Lewis to ensure that Lewis wouldn't be able to continue. Seems that a slow pit stop brought the red mist down...
Max should have avoided the orange sausage kerb by braking more and following the line that Lewis took through turn 2, which would have given him the run in Curva Granda to be ahead by the next chicane.
Lewis was lucky to escape with his head on his shoulders to be honest.

Last edited:
Back