• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

100 Pole for Lewis....beat that
Quite easy if you're sitting a decade in a car a grandma would win every race. :D Same for MSC in his Ferrari years.

The only outstanding qualifier I remember very well is well known. :) Monaco 1-1.5 seconds faster than his team mate.

Last edited:
No rain.
They start on the soft (red) tires, so maybe (or hope so) 2 instead of one pitstop.
With the usual Adrian Newey design RB is slow on the straight, even with the powerful Honda engine.
Perez can't help Verstappen either.
I guess the strategy wins the race.

Max was disapointed he gave all it had but Honda engine still need more power.Interesting how Bottas kept Lewis for part of lap,he know this is his last season in Mer.Maybe he could help a bit Max.Think Alonso did bad thing when he return to F1.:frown:

I hope RB can catch up like they were able to in the last years.

Monaco will be a race where crashes and tactics will play a big role. I hope for crashes. :)

Funny how history repeats itself. I am old enough to remember how McL, Senna and Prost were criticized and constantly patronized when they were winning just about everything (1988-1992). I am not offended by MB and LH being constantly at the top. MB for technical wizardry and LH for building himself a legendary record with pure talent AND smarts. The only thing I dont like is the choice of second team driver. Botas may be quick when he's alone on the track but he certainly lacks the hunger and aggression....but a perfect choice to rack up championship points.

It was clear to me, just seeing Kimi's progress after lap 30 that a 2 stop strategy was the best on the day - how Red Bull couldn't see that until lap 45 or so is poor.
With the same equipments, it is clear that the gulf between Hamilton and Bottas is huge, as (in a smaller way) the gap between Max and all the Red Bull #2 drivers to date...

Is it me, or does the 2021 cars seem slower this year. I know Max had tire issues at the end, but he seem let Lewis cruise by and never really pulled away at any point of the race. In addition, it seems over half of the field are a lap down at the end of a race.

RB didn't have a second yellow set of tires while MERC had some. It was too early going to red ones when MERC went for the third set.

MERC race pace is a little bit better the RB ones. That's contrary to former years. Plus MERC is faster on the straight. MERC also got wrid of the problems while testing in a very speedy manner.

RB didn't have a second yellow set of tires while MERC had some. It was too early going to red ones when MERC went for the third set.

This is real reason for 1 stop strategy they were out of yellow tires and obviously Merc has stronger engine.It was 0,3s faster on straight without DRS.

It is just about time for the qualifying effort for Monaco. Any chance of rain for Sunday? Or will qualifying be the excitement for the weekend?

But it is good to be back.

Since Memorial Day Weekend is an off weekend for F1, will Alonso jet to Indianapolis to run the 500?

It is just about time for the qualifying effort for Monaco. Any chance of rain for Sunday? Or will qualifying be the excitement for the weekend?
No rain as of today expected. Maybe a little bit on Saturday. The race is interesting as there should be a lot of crashes. :)

Yeah but we have seen this from Ferrari before top the time sheet on (Friday) Thursday and then falters during the weekend. Regardless, this is Monaco many factors to taken into considerations.

Bram

LEC crashed to pole like MSC 2006 (nearly). :) Not sure about a damage to his gearbox.

Last edited:
Looked a little less deliberate / more damage than MSC! But I didn’t see replays, only the stills on f1.
I don't think it was deliberate. To much damage. He already had pole and went quick early for his last run. Maybe he risked a little bit too much, also knowing that he already had pole. There should be some kind of Monaco rule: the one who crashes his car in Q3 will be set back to the last row in the grid.

1/2 hour before the start, LEC has a gearbox problem. Doesn't look good...

Final news: no start for LEC. So sad.

Last edited:
Back