• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

Imola has some high speed corners where the RB works best, they say. I think RB will show MERC where the hammer hangs. :)
Alpha Tauri test track, so I'd expect them at least in the 3rd row of the starting grid.

Hoping for rain...:D

The early predictions are that Max will loose the CS due to reliability issues.

There will be no boring MERC train in the front tomorrow. No Bottas with the onerous task of fetching water for Hamilton. Two hot RB behind the MERC taxi. :) Splitted strategy at RB and if we're lucky slight rain (not sure). :)

Faron, that is an easy bet for me....Wings and Beers?...Who is going to win tomorrow

Under pressure the Boys fall away....Just like the last race. I think Perez will do well tomorrow.

Bram

Last edited:
MERC showed a little bit better longrun times than RB but RB didn't have much measures due to defects.
SC can play a great role. I'll bet we'll see it two times. :D
It's a one stop race, not sure how well they are performing on the white tires which are very hard to get into their window.

Yes, HIS reliability issues 😁
I've just reviewed a Verstappen and Vettel crash compilation to get in mood for the race. :D Very entertaining. And I'd be sure missing them in F1, but that can also be said about Maldonado. :tongue::D

It's red flag and halftime in Imola right now. Just say: wow! What a race so far! :D
Russell has shoot out both MERC of the race within two rounds. The spicy fact: Russell is (or now maybe WAS) before his promotion to MERC. :D
HAM made the same mistake like VET in Hockenheim, just in slow motion. :D:D:D

Last edited:
HAM made the same mistake like VET in Hockenheim, just in slow motion. :D:D:D

I thought the same thing. Just like Vettel, he had minor damage to front wing end plate, even. But he got away with it.

There were parts of the race that were exciting, yet uninteresting; if that makes sense. For a wet race that turned dry, it lacked the dry tire switch drama.

Good to see Verstappen get the W, Perez couldn’t buy any luck, nor did Vettel.

Go Lando!
I think Russel is very good but seems to be getting a bit big for his boots and needs to chill a bit.
Superb start from Max, won him the race, well deserved win.
Hamilton certainly having to push hard to keep with the RB's, possibly why we saw a rare mistake? He was very lucky the race was red flagged.
Hopefully we will get a lot more of that throughout the season.

Superb start from Max, won him the race, well deserved win.
Hamilton certainly having to push hard to keep with the RB's, possibly why we saw a rare mistake?

It is interesting to see how difficult to drive the Merc this season. I believe that Vettel was driving the Ferrari at the edge for several seasons, prior to the 19 season, and while he did make mistakes, the harder the car is to drive, the more prone (even the best) a driver is to making a mistake.

What a race! I forgot this forum existed...next time I livestream and post here. Will someone explain to me the Russell/Bottas accident? Was it some planned "noise" to get LH into the pits and up to the front and back in the race?

Back