• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

I didn't see the pass on Charles, but I assume he didn't want to be punted like Max, so he he got out of the way of the chosen one. I didn't watch the race past the first incident because I knew the ball less officials were going to do little or nothing to Sir clueless, and didn't want to see his puss on the podium.

Well go back and look at some of the dangerous moves Mad Max, have made on others over the years, including Lewis.

Lewis made the dame pass on Charles during the British GP, and see what Charles did.

Bram

Yes I look it more than one time both passes.In case with Leclerc Hamilton went for the apex of turn ,not so wide like in collision with Max.
If I find pictures I will upload.

Late to the party. When there is shared "fault' it is imho a racing incident.Max did unwind the wheel abit to give some room but at that speed in a at the limit long radius bend you are at the mercy of physics. Max could have pulled a Leclerc..or hamo could have lifted abit..but again you start to go down the slope of "what is racing"..I think the 10 sec penalty was born of guilt for the serious shunt that resulted...I do think Hamo could have acknowledged post race that his win was dependent on his closest rival getting booted..All I know is Malone could not ask for any better script...

Last edited:
RB has revealed that the driver seat broke in the crash. Really lucky for Verstappen. 10 or 20 years ago, he would have been injured seriously.

As things calmed down in the meantime, some kind of summary:
1. it's the first real CS fight for Verstappen, so maybe he should be a little bit more cautious if a maniac is trying impossible moves. ->2+3
2. Lewis seems to be frustrated and took out the crowbar.
3. If you have a driver going mad and trying to overtake in a desperate move it's better to lift the throttle and wait until the maniac is away in the gravel bed.

Several have commented that you don't do that kind of thing in such a high-speed corner. Lewis didn't even try to reach APEX nor did he lock his brakes.

We'll be in Spa in a few weeks and you don't to that kind of thing in Eau Rouge too (Stefan Bellof).

Last edited:
^^ The seat didn't break in the contact between the two cars, it broke because Max's car didn't slow down in the gravel trap and hit a wall that wasn't protected by a tecpro barrier in front of the tyres.
As racing incidents go, it wasn't special, but the consequences were serious. I'm no Hamilton fan by any stretch of the imagination - without this result, the championship would have been all but over, so from the neutral's perspective this has revitalised the season.

As racing incidents go, it wasn't special, but the consequences were serious. I'm no Hamilton fan by any stretch of the imagination - without this result, the championship would have been all but over, so from the neutral's perspective this has revitalised the season.

That being said, if Hamilton felt desperate, and did what he had to do to prevent Verstappen from winning…

Isn’t that what M Schumacher did to both Damon Hill and Jacque Villiuneve? One effort was complete disqualification for the season.

You guys that are defending Lewis must know one thing,YOU DO NOT DO THAT IN THAT TYPE OF SPEED CORNER.I will understand it in some slower corners.
Max was lucky but also could broke something and finish this year WC.It was not right.

Treating it as a racing accident is not defending Lewis. It is defending Racing. No wonder all other drivers saw it that way. Judging from the comfort of your couch is not very healthy for the sport.

Excellent article indeed....I would I have like to read a bit more on the technical side how they overcome their failures.

This is what great Japanese companies do, always improving on their technologies and products, Toyota and Honda are great at doing this.

Bram

MGU-H = really advanced turbo.

I’d be curious about the head design. The key to Honda’s greatest era was the VTEC and fuel management (heating it to maximize atomization, amongst other things). The current state of the art heads are so advanced compared to VTEC.

Bizarre race.
Time for Bottas and Russell to switch seats for the remainder of the season?
Makes me laugh that the conspiracy theorists are saying that Bottas did it on purpose to take out the RB's!

Time for Bottas and Russell to switch seats for the remainder of the season?
Why? Bottas did an excellent job for the team! Best teamplayer ever! Russell couldn't do it any better. One torpedo, two ships sinking (3 incl. Norris). Toto will be very pleased with him. Best he could ever do, what a brilliant racer! But BOT might better change his sports carrier into bowling or better synchronized swimming as long as he doesn't drive F1 anymore and do that kind of things...

Bottas ruined today RB's and Landos Race as Stroll Lecler's ,deserved penalty for next race.Bright light was Fernando he again proved he is top driver and today provided first race win for Ocon and a team.Good job for Seb.It was such a wired restart with only Lewis car on start.

Why? Bottas did an excellent job for the team! Best teamplayer ever! Russell couldn't do it any better. One torpedo, two ships sinking (3 incl. Norris). Toto will be very pleased with him. Best he could ever do, what a brilliant racer! But BOT might better change his sports carrier into bowling or better synchronized swimming as long as he doesn't drive F1 anymore and do that kind of things...

230197883_4156984201021774_7621050309061850516_n.jpg

Vettel’s car has been disqualified because the team was unable to extract a sufficient amount of fuel for sampling by the FIA. That promotes Hamilton to 2nd and Verstappen to 9th.

And Bottas gets a 5 spot penalty for taking out 1/4 of the field! Again the penalties don’t fit the crime?

I saw that RB says damage to the car is almost $2M!
Oh for the days when teams had a spare car ready to go at the track.

I said earlier on this thread, I have been watching F1 for 54 years and I dont think I have ever heard a team, big or small complain about the cost of repairs following a shunt. Even when a team is struggling like Haas and Williams in recent years, owners and managers have enough good sense to avoid talking about $ when faced with heavy repairs or in many cases a complete rebuild. Horner's behavior (and Marko's) since the Silverstone accident has been ridiculous. Even Max wants to stop talking about it but not these two,

As for today's race, I see people are busy again pointing fingers and looking for blame but no one mentions the fantastic racing Lewis and Fernando showed us for 5-6 laps! I thought it was a really good race.

I said earlier on this thread, I have been watching F1 for 54 years and I dont think I have ever heard a team, big or small complain about the cost of repairs following a shunt. Even when a team is struggling like Haas and Williams in recent years, owners and managers have enough good sense to avoid talking about $ when faced with heavy repairs or in many cases a complete rebuild. Horner's behavior (and Marko's) since the Silverstone accident has been ridiculous. Even Max wants to stop talking about it but not these two,

As for today's race, I see people are busy again pointing fingers and looking for blame but no one mentions the fantastic racing Lewis and Fernando showed us for 5-6 laps! I thought it was a really good race.

You are right about that. It is crazy right now.

There was some good racing today.

Back