• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

Well SkySports wonderboy Russel finally got Williams some points, But his teammate Latifi got more points. Now only Haas has no points. MAGA time for Haas

Vettel’s car has been disqualified because the team was unable to extract a sufficient amount of fuel for sampling by the FIA. That promotes Hamilton to 2nd and Verstappen to 9th.
Very sad for Vettel, he really deserved it. Silly rule.

Long ago, there were times were they went out of fuel, quite funny to watch and a better show for the fans than hidden fuel tests.

The engine of Perez is damaged too after the crash. Well done, Bottas!

Next race is in Spa. MERC better not arrive there...

MERC understood the new rules (budget cap) best. A broken front wing or suspension is much cheaper than the rear end of the car. Go on with it, you 'respect'-guys, an you're going to win the CS that way.

I said earlier on this thread, I have been watching F1 for 54 years and I dont think I have ever heard a team, big or small complain about the cost of repairs following a shunt. Even when a team is struggling like Haas and Williams in recent years, owners and managers have enough good sense to avoid talking about $ when faced with heavy repairs or in many cases a complete rebuild. Horner's behavior (and Marko's) since the Silverstone accident has been ridiculous. Even Max wants to stop talking about it but not these two,

Earlier years there was no budget cap like last year's.Every year is smaller and big damages chassis or engine are not good for it.

Parlier years there was no budget cap like last year's.Every year is smaller and big damages chassis or engine are not good for it.

Quite right Sandro. Although I understand that they are discussing possible exceptions to the $145M at the request of Merc following the Imola Bottas car destruction. (They had already added money when they introduced the Sprint race)

The heart attack has been postponed. :)

Leclerc's engine is also damaged.

HAM seems to suffer of long Covid symptoms, might explain some of his faults this year.

He looked wiped out on the podium...

"HAM seems to suffer of long Covid symptoms, might explain some of his faults this year." He was breathing hard during his radio calls. I have to wonder if he isn't in proper condition. He had breathing issues in early 2017 early in the season often stating the car was difficult to drive. Schumacher never got tired.

Summer break is just about over! On to Spa and beyond.

Will Red Bull come out swinging or will they pull a Ferrari and collapse?

I saw a headline about maybe another US GP at Indianapolis to replace the cancelled Japan. That would be interesting but I guess the Covid issues here in the states would probably keep it from happening.

they had the Olympics they can't manage an F1 race?:confused:

Yes Sir.....It's going to separate the Men from the Boys....., FP2 already claim two....Plus the temperature is only going to about 12 Degrees .

Spa in the rain is always a fun race to watch

Bram

Now George, to secure your seat at Mercedes next year, you know what to do...

Gutted about Norris. At least he starts from 9th, so if he has the same pace advantages in the similar conditions expected tomorrow, hopefully can get back up there.

Should be good.

I think Lewis will rather to see Valteri next to him for 2022.
Lando was such a good in wet sorry for him.
Max on pole ,hope he had same good pace tomorrow.

Back