• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2022 F1 Thread...

Red Bull has a great car. Ferrari does as well, but you can never relay on them to make you happy. I though Lewis did a great recovery after Mag bumped into him. George is earning his pay for sure, and MB is sorting their cars out. Next up Monaco.

I’ve been to Monaco twice - great people and supercar watching, food, and ambiance with a parade called a race. IMS is the place to be at the end of May if you want to see a race.

Last edited:
I’ve been to Monaco twice - great people and supercar watching, food, and ambiance with a parade called a race. IMS is the place to be at the end of May if you want to see a race.

Leaving in a few days for the Monaco race. We'll pretty excited. Been to a few IMS races - they aren't that much fun unfortunately.

Leaving in a few days for the Monaco race. We'll pretty excited. Been to a few IMS races - they aren't that much fun unfortunately.

I have enjoyed both The 500 and the Grand Prix but prefer the 500 ( and will be there on the 29th ). One advantage to Monaco is that while it can rain in both places at the end of May in Monaco that just means you will actually see race cars on the track instead of jet driers. Have fun - it is great event.

Last edited:
I guess, Mercedes is getting better and better. This is sad how Ferrari is still working on their Plan F, the beginning of the season was promising. Also it seems that Leclerc is still not ready to be a tier-1 driver mentally or something.

I've always thought that LEC was pretty well rounded from the get go, just seems to feel the pressure, which is understandable...that will come soon now he's at the pointy end of the field.

Ferrari has 2 sides 1) Their F1 team seems to get lost on a one-way street 2) Their road cars are expensive and mostly owned by people whom can't drive correctly on a one-way road. Looks like RB has found a capable driver in Perez. I hope they don't sack him. He has earned his keep.

Ferrari threw it away with badly timed calls, Red Bull was very lucky for not getting penalised for crossing the pit exit line for both of their drivers, and lucked into the win .
Ocon and Alonso took it it turns to be the rolling roadblock.
Competent, if dull races for the Brits.
WTF were the race directors doing delaying the race for sooooooooo long ? - just let them make their tyre choice on the grid after the anthems as per usual - too much radar-gazing ruined any chance of any actual racing or excitement.
Monaco needs to stay on the calendar, but the track has to be extended as soon as possible to the north of the Rdpt du Portier somehow...

Last edited:
Monaco is a gorgeous city in every respect. F1 experience there was awesome. Race control told everyone that there wouldn't be rain and then 10 minutes later it was absolutely torrential. However, we didn't know that the initial delay was because race control lost electrical power, which also affected the TV broadcast. Was a few feet from Esteban Ocon as he left on a scooter to get to the pits.
Monaco F1 FB2.jpg

Nice to read that someone that at the circuit experienced what actually took place. Social Media continues influence peoples judgement (I'm being nice about judgement). RC control has a job to do and mistakes will be made. Charlie is very coming back and he made mistakes from time to time. The circuit is a city, so redesigning it because of fat cars is rubbish. Fix the car designs to make them light and nimble then maybe real racing can resume.

Monaco has never (the last 25+ years) been a great track. Then again, neither is the brand new Miami track.

But Monaco knows how to host a race, the marshalls and course workers are as good as anywhere (except Indianapolis), and the majesty / history are as great as any track.

If I think of Baku or Russia or even the Bahrain / Middle East tracks, they are hacks compared to Monaco.

Seems to me Liberty wants more money, and are finding any reasons or excuses to paint Monaco as sub-optimal.

Passing is still too hard in a modern car. Take DRS out of the cars and almost every circuit would race like Monaco.

My $.02 to the race.

Nice to read that someone that at the circuit experienced what actually took place. Social Media continues influence peoples judgement (I'm being nice about judgement). RC control has a job to do and mistakes will be made. Charlie is very coming back and he made mistakes from time to time. The circuit is a city, so redesigning it because of fat cars is rubbish. Fix the car designs to make them light and nimble then maybe real racing can resume.

Social Media is Social Media. I was always on the side of strictly making the racing better but Monaco is more than just a race track. It literally connects the past, present, and, if they still have it, the future of the sport. However, every sport needs to evolve and there has to be a way for Monaco to incorporate more racing action than the "processional" some label it.

But Monaco knows how to host a race, the marshalls and course workers are as good as anywhere (except Indianapolis), and the majesty / history are as great as any track...

Man, do they ever...except for crowd control. They could use some pointers from Disney, sports stadiums, or some other orgs that host thousands of people. Our youngest son has special needs and it was difficult to get him around the facility. But other than that, I don't think I've ever been treated nicer than at Monaco. Security, track ambassadors, police officers, other attendees, businesses (only one passive aggressive Frenchmen during the event) all bent over backwards to make sure we were having a good time and had questions answered.

Some of the most exciting F1 driving that I have ever seen was in qualifying at Monaco because the drivers know that, short of the team bungling a pit stop, where they qualify is where they finish so they really let it all hang out and you sit so close to the track that you can actually see them work. All the drivers were absolutely on the line but Senna and Schumacher were 3 cm from Armco on a hot qualifying lap.

anyone know what it takes to get credentials to walk the grid?...I want to chat with Martin...:biggrin:

Back