• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Too good to be true!! Iphone and Pandora = awesome tunes free

I downloaded Pandora to my iphone the other day, thinking it probably will need a wifi connection and that it won't work on the road. My iphone is not 3G. Lo and behold, all this great music is coming through at what sounds like a high bitrate. Full cover art, album info, everything. I was about to buy satellite radio, but this is not only better, its free. How many of you guys are using this? I created several channels and when I do the "quickmix" it's just great song after great song. I am amazed. I am thinking of upgrading the stereo just for this.

I am sure this uses up bandwidth, and that Pandora will not continue to be free like this. But for the time being this is fantastic. If any of you don't have this I recommend you get it.

yub. Free app. Then make a few stations by clicking "new station", type in a song from a genre you like. That "station" will now play all similar sounding songs to the one you like. Then if you do the "quickmix", its like a shuffle play. If you like a song, you just bookmark it and you can buy it from itunes or create a new "station" from that song.

Pandora also works on your regular PC. Just go to Pandora.com and sign up free. Your stations are sync'ed with your iphone automatically.

Its like having an ipod with unlimited songs. It's really really good and unless you want talk or sports, I don't know why you would get satellite radio. It works any place you have cell reception or wifi. Under "settings", you can select higher quality audio. It sounds very good, and hardly ever cuts out. You have to be a little patient when it loads.

I have learned of dozens of songs I never knew of before that I really like. Pandora and Rhapsody are two of the best services out there. Rhapsody is a great cheap way to download all the music you want for like $12/month. At this point, I am not sure how I ever lived without my iphone.

I've been trying out Pandora on my AT&T Blackberry Curve. So far, I've been experiencing dropouts, stutters, and slow playback. :mad: I'll blame it on AT&T for lousy non-3G signal and data flow.

On the other hand, I've been thoroughly enjoying Pandora on my PC while at work for quite some time now. And like those above, I've been finding new music/artists on occasion. I recommend Pandora on the PC all the time.

I've been trying out Pandora on my AT&T Blackberry Curve. So far, I've been experiencing dropouts, stutters, and slow playback. :mad: I'll blame it on AT&T for lousy non-3G signal and data flow.

It must be your phone. I am not in the best spots for reception at times. I sometimes have one bar, sometimes no bars. Still, I only get one 2-3 second dropout once every 5-6 hours of playback. I am not 3G.

Awesome find, thanks!!! I never thought Pandora could keep streaming as we travel but it worked for me yesterday. There was not one stutter between my home and work.

Pandora was one of the very first apps I downloaded to my iPhone. I love it! The sound quality is darn good. In reference, I've tried AOL Radio, and the sound quality is horrible on that.
If you are ever listening to something and you have to know the information for that song, make sure you also have the apps midomi or Shazam. They are both free. Check them out. You'll see how handy they can be.

Last edited:
I have customers who drive the 09 TSX and TL. They play the pandora app through bluetooth audio feature on their phones. No need for a plug. They just have their phone sitting there. I don't think it's the iPhone though. No need for XM now

I've been using it for awhile. I love it. It's like a genius playlist for songs you might not have on your iphone already.

I also like iHeart Radio because of the tagging feature. I constantly hear songs on the radio and wonder what album they are from, i just iHeart Radio tag them and download them all at home for free when i get the time.

Pandora is awesome, I use it on my iPhone and Sonos system. Seriously, after hot & cold running water, painless dentistry and refrigeration it's one of the greatest inventions of modern times.

Okay people, I'm really bad with this iTune and apps thing. I hav the Pandora on my iTunes on the PC, how to I get onto myiPhone and listen to music. Also, when I open the iTunes on my iPhone it only wants a wifi connection. Shouldn't I be able to access iTunes through the edge? I really hate technology!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Okay people, I'm really bad with this iTune and apps thing. I hav the Pandora on my iTunes on the PC, how to I get onto myiPhone and listen to music. Also, when I open the iTunes on my iPhone it only wants a wifi connection. Shouldn't I be able to access iTunes through the edge? I really hate technology!!!!!!!

You should be able to go to this link on Pandora's site to download the app for your iPhone. http://www.pandora.com/on-the-iphone

Hi Doc,
Go to "App Store" on your iPhone. It should be on the first page (where you typically have your Text, Calendar, Photos, Camera, Contacts, Maps, etc) by default. Once you open that, go to the "Search" and type Pandora. You should see it as a selection. Select it (you will notice it is free). Download it directly onto your iPhone.

Take care,
J.

I figured out the problem. I have an unlocked iPhone with version 1.1.4. I think I need the latest version to run Pandora, but I'm afraid to update my phone because the last time I did it it locked it up and it was a PITA to get it working again.

Does anyone know how I can update to the newest firmware?

-TIA

I figured out the problem. I have an unlocked iPhone with version 1.1.4. I think I need the latest version to run Pandora, but I'm afraid to update my phone because the last time I did it it locked it up and it was a PITA to get it working again.

Does anyone know how I can update to the newest firmware?

-TIA

Do you even have the app store on this old a version?

I had an unlocked jailbroke iphone when i was on T-mobile running 1.1 and i couldn't add any of the apps i had on my itunes to the phone because my software was too old.

I finally switched service to at&t and updated to the latest software and i'm glad i did. I had been missing out on allot. I hear the next software update is going to be the biggest ever and really take the phone to the next level.

Been covered elsewhere , but , GROM!

Pandora is great. I've also been running Slacker radio on my Blackberry (its available for iPhone too). It allows you to preload hours of music onto your phone while plugged into your computer, and its free. I've cancelled both my XM and Sirius satellite subscriptions and opted for this. Programming is better, no commercials, and no annoying DJs.

http://www.slacker.com

Back