• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top Speed Pro Headers!

is that before or after sending it to san diego on the 91-04? thanks for doing that again for me, i really appreciate it going above and beyond for a customer.

After and thanks for kind words..

u should be able to tracking the package after 2 pm tomorrow. thanks again

I have the Top Speed headers on my 2000. I have not done a dyno, but I have compared my top speeds at the end of the straight at Putnam Park. From my data logger comparing multiple runs my top speed did NOT increase at all (all within 1-2 mph) so I would conclude that the headers have NOT added any additional HP.

Although these runs were on different days and different conditions, I can safely conclude looking at multiple before weekend runs and multiple after weekend runs that the car isn't any faster - thus no additional HP.

I have these on my other NSX. Its hard to gain power on NA2 over stock.
From previous dyno's posted it seems 6-10 HP with the highest quality headers is the most to expect.
These headers which seem to be slightly more efficient than stock OEM 4-6Hp might be all you can get.

From what I can remember when I compared them......

NA1's
16-20 rwhp with High Quality headers
12-16 rwhp with budget Headers
8-12 rwHp using NA2 OEM's

So it seems on NA2
8-10 rwhp High Quality Headers
4-6 rwhp with budget headers

But also its not all about peak hp, the over all curve should improve along with TQ on the NA2 so it may be worth the buck, they are cheap as hell anyway. :smile:

Captain: Even if you did gain 5hp would that be enough to change the top speed more than 1-2mph anyway?

I have the Top Speed headers on my 2000. I have not done a dyno, but I have compared my top speeds at the end of the straight at Putnam Park. From my data logger comparing multiple runs my top speed did NOT increase at all (all within 1-2 mph) so I would conclude that the headers have NOT added any additional HP.

Although these runs were on different days and different conditions, I can safely conclude looking at multiple before weekend runs and multiple after weekend runs that the car isn't any faster - thus no additional HP.
Top speeds can vary a mph or two depending on HP due to air density and AIT. Makes it hard to quantify on data (loggers). A 15hp increase is noticable on data.

Synergy - Are any 91-94 headers available? How much?

Here is an updated video showing the sound of the headers inside and out at different speeds. Hope this helps.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IvZ7NxaTCzQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IvZ7NxaTCzQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^what exhaust/muffler are you running (cats/no cat?).

I think the vid/exhaust note is probably more representative of your muffler than the headers (unless its a stock muffler).

^what exhaust/muffler are you running (cats/no cat?).

I think the vid/exhaust note is probably more representative of your muffler than the headers (unless its a stock muffler).

The exhaust is the ARK DTS, SOS straight pipes, HKS intake, Dali air scoop (the air scoop makes an increased raspy sound during acceleration). I made a video a while back with just the exhaust and straight pipes and it sounds VERY different. The exhaust note (w/ the addition of TopSpeed) sounds much more high pitched at 5k rpm and actually sounds less loud at cruising speed. I think the headers cause less restriction of airflow at lower speeds so there is no bottleneck "feedback" from the system at lower speed cruising and acceleration. I miss the deeper growl of the ARK exhaust by itself, but do not miss the reverb at lower speeds.

Last edited:
I don't think you're imagining things. My exhaust pitch (GTLW) changed noticeably when I added aftermarket headers.

$650 for headers is a crazy price.:eek:

Re: Top Speed Pro Headers!!!

Liked the quality. Had SOS do the install. Apparently the '95 needs a short, 6" extension cable (not included in my kit) for the front header O2 sensor (SOS had in stock).

I want to point out that my '95 had the same issue (I suspect '96 model years do too). Neither Top Speed nor synergyaw appears to be aware of the need for this second O2 sensor extension, most likely because only two model years seem to be affected. SOS sells the short extension for a very reasonable price.

At any rate, the headers' build quality appears to be great and are an amazing value. I also really like the sound change they bring (slightly more aggressive tone).

Do you guys think it makes sense for the 91-94 owners to get the 95+ headers and put the SOS adaptors on to eliminate the flex pipe? I know it will add almost another $300 but it's still a reasonable price and you won't need to ever worry about a cracked flex pipe, though I've heard positive feedback about it.

Just a $300 insurance policy.

wouldn't that require na2 cats as the adapters only adjust the difference in muffler design?

my bad- in that case i would go that route as well- one less thing to break.
then again, why not add $200 and get na2 hi-flow cats? better yet.

No worries. If you use NA2 headers and NA2 cats, then you would need to use the "Exhaust" adapters instead of the header adapters...

I'm late in getting my headers in but I just got my car back from the shop last night and had a great drive back home. The exhaust note is more agressive now and the car seems to have a little more power. The one thing I really notice is I can here the intake now.....I never could hear it but now I hear the rush of air and the cool noise it makes. Now I know the car is breathing better. :biggrin:

Oh I also put on the Prospeed high flow cats at the same time.

I'm late in getting my headers in but I just got my car back from the shop last night and had a great drive back home. The exhaust note is more agressive now and the car seems to have a little more power. The one thing I really notice is I can here the intake now.....I never could hear it but now I hear the rush of air and the cool noise it makes. Now I know the car is breathing better. :biggrin:

Oh I also put on the Prospeed high flow cats at the same time.

How do you like the Prospeed Hi-flow cats? =)

I bought my top speed headers a while back, just now trying to get them mounted on my 95... but it seems like the headers rub the oil pan! :( Is there anything I can do to aviod this problem short of modifying my oil pan? Thanks

weird, i didn't have that issue.

Back