• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What was your 1st' or Worst car??

Originally posted by tabasco:

Best: Close between my '93 300zx-tt or my '00 NSX. The NSX has the edge on several issues, but the Z is still a hot car. See below:

red.93.t.2.jpg

Out of all the cars I have owned, the Z is one of the few that I fell in love with. I had two of them:
Black 1991 300ZX TT (Stillen Stage II)
Red 1995 300ZX TT (Stillen Stage III)

No longer have the Z's, but I will always have a sweetspot for them.

Oh, and my very first car was a 1992 Celica GTS which I bought new upon graduation from college.

My very first car was a 1981 Red RX-7. I loved that car and vowed that I will buy another one one day. Well, when looking for a 3 generation RX-7, I ran across the NSX and decided to buy it instead.
smile.gif
I'm sooooo happy with it. Then, I had 17,500 to spend and was going to then buy a RX-7 but elected to dump that money into my NSX
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

hehe....

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

[This message has been edited by Attitude Adjuster (edited 12 January 2002).]

First car was a 69 Nova..... Started my love of early American muscle cars. Ended up owning 27 over time.....

Worst, one of my 'winter beaters', a 81 Datsun 210dx.. beat the hell out of this thing on the way the junkyard at the end of that winter....... actually was allowed to drive it right into a pile of other cars in the junkyard.... that was fun.

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

My first car was a 89 mustang GT. The guy that owned it put a cobra R hood, flowmasters, and painted it blue with a silver stripe and I ended up putting a saleen wing on it and 3 10 inch subs in the back( thanks to my parents). I had some plans for it but it kept breaking everytime I saved up enough money for anything. The car was a lot of fun it just broke way to much but girls loved it. LOL in high school I was known as the kid with the blue mustang by all.

Last edited:
My first car was a 1979 5.0 litre mustang, great car for power brakes! Horrible at high speeds!

Worse car was a 1983 Sscirocco GT II 1.8

Cheers,

AR

My first car was an '88 Hyundai Excel hatchback with the three speed auto. My folks bought it new, and right before I turned 16 in '94, it developed an knocking noise from the engine. They parked it and bought a '95 Neon, and sold me the Hyundai for $1 when I got my license. It turned out the knock may have been a hunk of carbon or something rolling around in the combustion chamber, because after a few weeks of being driven by a 16 year old, it quieted right up. Great for a first car since it was too slow to really get me in trouble (I timed its 0-60 run at a scorching 18.3 seconds!). It was a nasty little car, but I can't quite label it as some kind of "worst", since it never let me down.

The first car I've used was my Dad's '67 Dodge Monaco. After that I bought a 1970 Impala fitted with a 327 cu in engine taken from a 1969 Corvette. I drove the Impala from 1976 through 1979. While I had this car the timing chain slipped and bent 13 valves which resulted in getting the heads rebuilt and shaved to increase compression. Perhaps that was a mistake as the increase in power resulted in two blown rear axles :eek: I recall having all the body bushings replaced to eliminate squeaks - It drove like a new car after that...

12590557_rVb2Q-M-3.jpg

If I count the Impala as car #1, then my 1st NSX would be #10, current NSX #12.
I never looked at the numbers before this, but #13 is my 2005 Accord Hybrid which has been troublesome since I've owned it and this year required a $4200 transmission replacement at 127K miles - Perhaps the #13 '05 Accord can be considered my worse car:frown: Usually I'm not superstitious, but it is my 13th car!

Last edited:
First car was a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am and it was not real nice.

Worst car was a 1998 Dodge Neon that was my Ex-Wife's car. that car was terrible terrible TERRIBLE. Based on the experience with that POS i swore off Dodge forever.

P

Last edited:
First and worst was a 1994 VW Golf that my Dad gave me as my first car. He paid $4K for it and it had 160K kms on it. It would crack the flex pipe connecting the header to the exhaust every 3-4 months. I had constant issues with the wires/cap/rotor. It was starting to rust in one or two places. The shifter was balky. It had no power. It wasn't even particularly fuel efficient but it did have a fair bit of room inside.

First was a 93 lexus ES300.

Thing ran like a dream. The only problem I had with it was conerning the instrument panel. The gas in the speedo/tach needles escaped and as a result the needles wouldn't light up.

I sold that car to a buddy in high school and to this day he still has it with about 200K on the odo....yes it runs. :eek:

Other than that, I've been *very* lucky to have never owned a car that gave me trouble, despite usually buying used. *knocks on wood*

Last edited:
My 1st car was an '81 Honda prelude. I actually had a dream about it a few nights ago. :confused:

My worst car was a '94 Bronco II. I actually like it until it caught on fire. :eek:

1st car 1969 Pontiac GTO......Great car except 4wheel drum brakes.and popup headlights....:eek:

Worst car....Triumph TR7 looked cool, girls loved it, overheated and warped head easily.......Broke down on two dates required walking home or wakeing up a dad to tow me home....that sucked:mad:

I've been lucky. I haven't owned a single crappy vehicle. My first car was a 84 Toyota Corolla (pencil yellow) bought used. Not the greatest car in the world but ran like a champ. Never had any problems with it (made it up to 100K+ miles). Moved up to a used 91 Honda Accord. No problems (got up to 120K+ miles). Then bought a used 95 Lexus ES 300. Again no problems (135K+). My current used 04 MDX is a little past 100K and my NSX is around 150K+ miles. All my cars I've bought used with tens of thousands of miles. All cars I have run well past 100K miles and I haven't had a major problem with any of them.

My 1st car was an '81 Honda prelude. I actually had a dream about it a few nights ago. :confused:

My worst car was a '94 Bronco II. I actually like it until it caught on fire. :eek:

:biggrin: Must of scorched your memory watching that sucker burn... Bronco II model went away circa 1991 when Explorer came out!

I owned a 1986 Bronco II Eddie Bauer edition (AKA "The Broncoloid"). 2.8 liter V-6. Slow-as-slow-could-be gas hog that was severely underpowered. Swapped it for a complete exterior paint job on the "Fishin' Shack" and never have missed it.

Out of all the cars I have owned, the Z is one of the few that I fell in love with. I had two of them:
Black 1991 300ZX TT (Stillen Stage II)
Red 1995 300ZX TT (Stillen Stage III)

No longer have the Z's, but I will always have a sweetspot for them.

Agree...I actually sold the ES300 to buy a 93 300ZX n/a. Had another n/a after that and then moved onto the TT's. My last TT dynoed 410/427 on stock turbos. :smile:

Last edited:
My first car was an '84 Pontiac Fiero...

I've had about 20 cars since then... averaging more than 1 a year... and honestly, there is no "worst" car.

I've loved each and every one of my cars for different reasons... some had more "character" than others, but none have ever been complete wastes of time.

84 Fiero
85 Mustang GT
87 Bronco II
88 Pathfinder
96 Mustang GT
92 Explorer
98 Wrangler
98 GSR
01 Explorer Sport
02 Maxima
88 Pathfinder
03 350Z
88 Pathfinder
91 NSX
03 Pathfinder
02 S6 -> (08 Odyssey)
04 S4
03 NSX
07 GX470
98 318ti

1st car was a '74 Dodge Charger SE 440cid w/ SlapStik - 8 mpg downhill with a tailwind

Fun car , it had a huge factory roll back sunroof. Set the cruise control at 55mph on an empty highway and you could stand on the seat with your head and shoulders sticking out of the sunroof while hanging onto the steering wheel to drive. Not like I did that or anything .....:rolleyes:

Worst car was a Hyundai Excel 1989? that I took in trade with some cash for a 9ft boa constrictor that I had and a friend wanted but did not have the money. Never drove it , just sold it for $400. I have driven other POS Hyundai's like it. They really made some crappy cars back then. They have gotten better.

Back