• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats wrong with this??

Any response RSO? I decided to revive our conversation.

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: moneygram
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 18:49:40 +0000

I understand your concern sir, i find their agent one hour ago..and he will call tomorrow at the first hour...sorry for the delay...i don t sell the car to anyone because i have an agreement with ...you are the buyer...we will speak tomorrow ...and i hope to finish..

Sent: Sun 5/11/08 5:25 PM
To: William J Elder ([email protected])

I again spoke with Customer Service at the number I provided to you and Mr. Williams and Ms. Roth at Moneygram advised me that Mr. Williams still has not called Customer Service. They will leave the funds ready to transfer until 5:00pm EST Tuesday, May 13 at which time the transaction will be cancelled.

Please act accordingly.

And no fair asking for a person to hold the sign. I am first in line to get someone to hold a sign that says "I am ID. 10 T".........

I am sure he is going crazy trying to call that customer service number. Have you tried to call it? Other than the incredibly annoying hold music it is funny to be on the line for a while to hear that you are moving up in the hold queue only to hear that you have dropped down again.

I guess my "customer service" phone number is "working". Has anyone else here waited for 30 minutes........ :biggrin:

Sent: Mon 5/12/08 2:21 PM

Good afternoon William,

I just spoke with Ms. Roth again at Moneygram and she told me Mr. Williams has not yet called that number. If I were you, I would insist that Ebay put another agent in charge of your account because you now have a little more than 24 hours only to confirm the transaction or Moneygram has advised that they will refund my money.

Kindly advise.

Steve

Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 19:28:08 +0000

The agent,tried to call them ,few times,and they dont answer,they put him in hold for 30min,and more...what can we do...talk with them to answer....he is as work,it has a lot of customers,he cant stay all day to wait that someone answer,he's trying to call them,at this hour also,but seems cant get a free line...the company will confirm me when they catch a line...

Sent: Mon 5/12/08 3:37 PM

I had to wait on hold 10 minutes the first time and 15 minutes the second time. I wish I had a job where I could make all my customers wait but I guess if I did I would never be able to afford to buy the NSX from you. Maybe we should go into business together since it seems that the two of us are the only ones who understand trust and how to conduct business in a professional matter.

I hope the agent is able to get through since Ms. Roth told me that Moneygram will automatically reverse the transaction as of 5:00pm EST tomorrow.

Good luck, William. I still think that Mr. Williams let you down. Actually, he let us both down.

Crack that whip and make him wait on the phone until this is a done deal. We BOTH deserve the satisfaction of a completed transaction.

Cordially,

Steve

Sent: Mon 5/12/08 3:40 PM
To: [email protected])

The company asked you to provide them ,another number if you can find,because at this one nobody answer,also,the money gram can check,that Mr.Williams,leave them by phone an message,because he was waiting 30minutes again,and nobosy answer,this is a proof also,they can check,he leave them an vocal message on the number you give them...

Sent: Mon 5/12/08 3:47 PM

I have to head out to catch a train to my next stop and won't be able to check with Moneygram again until tomorrow mid-day. I would suggest having Mr. Williams wait on the line until they pick up.

I just did another "out of office" auto reply........

Last edited:
Sent: Mon 5/12/08 3:49 PM

The agent,still trying to reach them,he was on hold 30 ins,and more,i think you have moreluck ,or they are in break lunch or something???we will solve this matter today,hes an swerious person,he had some problems to solve,in the weekend with his familly,plus that was his day off,the problem is now,that at money gram nobody answer,and we dont understand why,is not his folt,is their fol because they arent at work at this moment,or i dont know,why they dont answering to the agent,hope we will solve this,in 1hour,if they answer,we will solev it for sure...i will reply you back,when the company confirm ,that the agent solve this matter,,

Gee, I don't understand why he can't get through........ (206) 338-5934

Awsome,,,he's holding 30 ins,and he is swerious!!!!:eek: Bob this is surpasing your Nick confession vid lol

Sent: Mon 5/12/08 5:21 PM

The money gram customer service,dont answer to him,tell me what should we do,the best thing is to allow them to see the transaction details,and make all available,to be able to start the shipping process of the car,otherwise they might sell it to another person,and cancel your deal with them,because,this isnt possible to call all day to an office,and nobody to be there,and to let voice messages by phone,many times,and nobody to contact back..what kind of phone no. is that,what kinf od office is,nobody works,how can they deal transactions then...its ve4ry stressing for all,to call so many time,and to stay on hold for hours,at least they could comunicate by phone,at what hour they are working,please put them to check the voice messages from the agent,and allow the transaction,to start the deal,you might lose a great car because they dont answer,and they have the proof by phone,in the voice message,when the agent,talk to him,and say his name etc...lets make the deal,dont lose the chance to this deal,and talk with money gram,if you can catch them,they keep trying but nobody is there...

eck27.gif
fing06.gif
450.gif

Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 06:07:17 -0400

Good morning William,

I just spoke with Shiver Metimbers, one of the Senior Managers at Moneygram. He told me that the information being left by Mr. Williams is unclear and the MUST speak with him personally live on the phone to confirm the transaction. I cannot stress enough how imperative it is that Mr. Williams call today because there is less than 12 hours left before they void the transaction. I have put a lot of time into this already and am quite disappointed that your agent is unable to do what he promised. I am beginning to think that you do not want my money. I still think you should insist that ebay put another agent on the case since I think that Mr. Williams may be lying to you when he says he is trying.

Steve

Sent: Tue 5/13/08 8:52 AM

Steve,i really want to finish this transaction ,i speak with eBay earlier and they told that Mr Williams call all the day and don t speak with anyone...he will call today again...maybe will solve this problem today

Sent: Tue 5/13/08 10:24 AM

Hello,

I am trying to call the Money Gram agency,and nobody answer,always they set me up,at 8minutes to wait,at 2,and 43minutes,back..etc...this is not possible,provide me other number,if you can get in touch with them,because seems nobody want to talk with me,and I send them many voice messages,this agency is not serious,I guess,if nobody is working there,at all,or really don't know what to think,but for sure is not my folt that they keep me waiting for hours and they dont answer ever.Please help me here,or the deal will be off,and the car will be sold to another buyer as soon as possible,I never seen any agency,of Money Gram,that doesn't have any customer support,or secretary there,all the time to answer,at every 23 minutes,after i call they put me to leave them an voice messages and they turn off the call,is not my folt,is the company folt,I am sorry but I don't know what else to do,after many calls,and voice messages...
Please give me other number or tell them to check the last voice messages that I sent few minutes again,because there I provide them m y name,address and ref. number,twice..

Thank you!

Sent: Tue 5/13/08 10:34 AM

I asked the company to provide me the number from the Money Gram office,and I called,and nobody is there,it's keep saying to wait,and the music,sounds horrible and the connection low,i dont know what office is that but sounds like a empty one,or a fake...hm...we need to solve this,asap,because i want to sell the car,allow them to let the transaction appear as done,and start the shipping process,because we wait too long for nothing,or put the support,manager...from the office,to check all the voice messages that the agent send them,and both of two foy ou,will see that he really called many times,and for nothing...

Sent: Tue 5/13/08 2:42 PM

I am still on the road so I had to have my secretary call Customer Service. She got a busy signal a few times but managed to get through. Mr. Metimbers was out to lunch so she spoke to his supervisor Mr. Jack Meeorph. Unfortunately, he refused to furnish her any information because she is not a party to the transaction. I am unable to telephone them so the only way this is going to get resolved is if Mr. Williams personally speaks with them. My secretary seemed think that Jack Meeorph was very handy but his unwillingness to divulge personal information left her feeling unsatisfied about not getting a happy ending.

Unfortunately, you chose to use Moneygram when I tried to have my courier deliver a certified check from the Bank of New York which would have avoided all of this if you just agreed to accept that form of payment. I never liked Monegram and always preferred Western Union. In fact, I just arranged for a purchase of a Syd Barrett Special Edition HSC from Kwame Umagumma through Western Union with Mr. Umagumma confirming within 24 hours that he received the funding and now I await shipment of the HSC.

Good luck with dealing with Mr. Williams. I think they are doing you wrong.

Cordially,

Steve

Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:03:24 +0000

I think,its a little thing that you dont understand here,i call them,company call them,all day,and nobody is there,they keep put us to hold for minutes and hours,and after that over 23-30minutes they put us to leave an voice message,and they close,this office is not a serious one,other office,could not find???only the worst??this is crazy,to call 48hours to a company and nopbody to answer at least once,are willing to buy the car,or what??Mr.Williams send them 3 voice messages,they have the proof.you are the onlyone who can allow this transfer because is your cash...if not,i cant see other way,ill call the company to cancel our deal,if you dont trust them and me at all,and you blame us because they dont answer,i really need to sell this car,if you are a serious buyer,work with us,and lets start the shipping asap,allow the transaction,and all because its your money,an d like i said before,me and the company ,are calling,and nobody is there...take an decision asap,because is ridiculous to call 48 hours to an company and nobody to answer...and i did call,myself also...and i have the proof nobody is there...i spend lot of money on calls,to hear a cartoon music,and a person who put me in hold for hours...this is not a company...a serious one,or i dont know..take an decision,because the time pass for nothing,if they dont know to deal business and to have an employee to answer the calls,means they are incapable to help us and to deal the transfer...

Sent: Tue 5/13/08 3:09 PM

Once again, you chose to use Ebay and Moneygram - not me. I am sorry it is turning out this way but you demanded that I used your companies despite my offer to pay cash which I preferred to do. If this deal falls through it is because of your choice of companies and Mr. Williams' inability to represent your interests properly.

Last edited:
It seems that my fish didn't have much luck with Moneygram's Customer Service number. I thought I would help him out by suggesting we switch to Western Union. I certainly hope the Western Union phone number is more user friendly..........:wink:

Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:46:39 -0400

I did everything I could. Unfortunately if Mr.Williams does not call in the next hour Moneygram will refund my monies automatically. They must speak to him personally.

Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:54:16 +0000

he is calling...but nobody answer...what he can do? and how about us,how we can finish that,do you think Western Union is a better way?

I still prefer to deal in cash but at least Western Union is more reliable than your agent with Moneygram. It will take me 72 hours to get my refund from Moneygram so that it may be transferred to Western Union. They will require certain information from you since you no longer will be using Mr. Williams as your agent. I have attached a copy of the Western Union form which I would request that you fill in and return to me by email so that it will be all prepared to be dropped off at Western Union with the money.

I am heading out to the airport shortly so I would implore you to fill in this form and return it immediately to avoid this transaction being cancelled. Additionally, you must contact Western Union to obtain your Security Code to have the funds released once they confirm that my check has cleared. I have been requested by Western Union to provide you with my Transaction Analyst who will provide you with your personal Security Code. I trust you can appreciate the need not to tell anyone else your Security Code so that no one tries to scam you.

My Transaction Analyst's name is Mr. Jen Derbender and he may be reached at (206) 984-0987 extension 34. The only problem is that Mr. Derbender works the overnight shift which means he will be available to speak with you only between the hours of 9:00pm and 1:00 am EST. For identification purposes during your intial contact, please provide Jen Derbender with your Client Identification Number OU812.

Once again, I will be travelling over the next 36 hours and will be unavailable during much of that time so your prompt attention to the foregoing should hopefully result in this matter being finalized with the money in your hands by close of business this Friday.

I am a getting pretty exasperated with this so I hope you will be able to get this done in my absence.

Best wishes William,

Steve

294801613_Wi5Nk-L.png

I'm listening to the hold music right now. Horrible! Ha! I went from 28 to 29 in the queue. How are you setting up these fake numbers? This is great!

Guys,

I have been following this thread since the start. This is by far the best entertainment I have had in long time. I even laughed out loud a few times.

I called the fist number you gave for Moneygram ... too funny! I cannot believe that you have sturng this guy along for this long. Not to mention .. has obiously called that number a ew times. It would be cool if you could see where he is calling from and "call" him out on it. I am just hoping that he falls for the Western U.

I have not called that number yet, but I can just imagine what will be there.

Good job guys! Just want to see how long this will go for and am still waiting for the ID-10T photo!

Unbelievably funny! I just hope other forums don't catch wind of this thread and we start seeing the donkey cart again. :biggrin:

This is better than sitcom.:biggrin:

Subject: RE: switching to Western Union
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:22:03 +0000

I don t see any attachments here,please send it again,and tell me when i must call at western u....now??when i complete the file??after you send it again,or after you put the money,and we will do the transaction on my name??? Mybe i will ask another agent.will be ok?

I have a one hour layover and just got your note. I have reattached the Western Union form for you to fill out.

I have also confirmed with Jen Derbender that he will be expecting your call either Wednesday or Thursday between the hours of 9:00pm and 1:00 am EST. In order to expedite the approval process, he has provided me with a list of security questions to identify you as the person I have said you are. With all of the scams these days, he does not want to take my word alone that you can be trusted no matter how much I have assured him that you are a good and honest person.

Please provide me with the answers to the following questions and I will have my secretary send them to Mr. Derbender asap. In order to protect your money from someone pretending to be you, he has submitted 15 questions for you to answer and has indicated that he will ask you only one question at random from the list. That way he can be assured, as I am, that you are the legitimate seller after which your personal Security Identification will be issued for the ultimate release of the funds. Kindly answer these in order. I would also suggest that you make a copy of the answers and keep it in a secure location so that you will be prepared when you speak with Mr. Derbender.

1. What is your height?
2. What is your weight?
3. What is your mother's maiden name?
4. What is your favorite kind of dog?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. What is your favorite Barry Manilow song?
7. What is the square root of negative 1?
8. If a cow laughs does milk come out its nose?
9. What is your favorite car?
10. What male movie star would you be willing to sleep with?
11. What is your favorite football team?
12. Mustard or ketchup?
13. Less filling or tastes great?
14. Do you think that the Church should ban all heterosexuals?
15. After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of the water?

Please remember your answers since I don't know which question Mr. Derbender will ask you. If you get it wrong when compared with the answers that you give me and that I will forward to Jen Derbender, he will void the transaction under the assumption that someone is trying to pretend they are you to steal your money.

I have to run now, William. They are calling for me to board.

I hope the weather by you is better than what I am flying through.

Respectfully,

Steve

Subject: RE: switching to Western Union
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:22:03 +0000

I don t see any attachments here,please send it again,and tell me when i must call at western u....now??when i complete the file??after you send it again,or after you put the money,and we will do the transaction on my name??? Mybe i will ask another agent.will be ok?

I have a one hour layover and just got your note. I have reattached the Western Union form for you to fill out.

I have also confirmed with Jen Derbender that he will be expecting your call either Wednesday or Thursday between the hours of 9:00pm and 1:00 am EST. In order to expedite the approval process, he has provided me with a list of security questions to identify you as the person I have said you are. With all of the scams these days, he does not want to take my word alone that you can be trusted no matter how much I have assured him that you are a good and honest person.

Please provide me with the answers to the following questions and I will have my secretary send them to Mr. Derbender asap. In order to protect your money from someone pretending to be you, he has submitted 15 questions for you to answer and has indicated that he will ask you only one question at random from the list. That way he can be assured, as I am, that you are the legitimate seller after which your personal Security Identification will be issued for the ultimate release of the funds. Kindly answer these in order. I would also suggest that you make a copy of the answers and keep it in a secure location so that you will be prepared when you speak with Mr. Derbender.

1. What is your height?
2. What is your weight?
3. What is your mother's maiden name?
4. What is your favorite kind of dog?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. What is your favorite Barry Manilow song?
7. What is the square root of negative 1?
8. If a cow laughs does milk come out its nose?
9. What is your favorite car?
10. What male movie star would you be willing to sleep with?
11. What is your favorite football team?
12. Mustard or ketchup?
13. Less filling or tastes great?
14. Do you think that the Church should ban all heterosexuals?
15. After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of the water?

Please remember your answers since I don't know which question Mr. Derbender will ask you. If you get it wrong when compared with the answers that you give me and that I will forward to Jen Derbender, he will void the transaction under the assumption that someone is trying to pretend they are you to steal your money.

I have to run now, William. They are calling for me to board.

I hope the weather by you is better than what I am flying through.

Respectfully,

Steve

You win :cool:

Damn, this dude is determined. I might have to strain a little to think up some other hoop for him to jump through..........

Sent: Wed 5/14/08 11:10 AM

1. What is your height?- 6'2
2. What is your weight?-199lbs
3. What is your mother's maiden name?-ANGELA
4. What is your favorite kind of dog?-AMSTAFF
5. What is your favorite movie?-AMERICAN PIE
6. What is your favorite Barry Manilow song?-If Tomorrow Never Comes
7. What is the square root of negative 1?-DONT KNOW
8. If a cow laughs does milk come out its nose?-NO
9. What is your favorite car?-BMW M5
10. What male movie star would you be willing to sleep with?-NONE
11. What is your favorite football team?-NONE
12. Mustard or ketchup?-MUSTARD
13. Less filling or tastes great?-BOTH
14. Do you think that the Church should ban all heterosexuals?-NO
15. After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of the water?-DONT KNOW

I completed all i can but i din t know for what do you need this...you make this transaction to complicate..please confirm the transfer and i will make the shipping asap

This is off the hook! I am still laughing!!! I cannot believe that he answered them and sentit back to you.

No kidding determined! What next? Seems no matter what through at him he keeps coming back.

Need to get his phone number so Jen Derbender can call him to comfirm the answers.

This is great!

Sent: Wed 5/14/08 12:09 PM

Greetings Willy (I hope I may call you Willy since I feel like I know you by now),

Thank you for your prompt reply with the Security Questions. I can't believe we have to go through such things these days but I guess with so many scams around Western Union wants to make sure that you are protected and that nobody tries to take the money from you. I have confirmed with Moneygram that the funds have been reversed and anticipate they will be back in my account tomorrow morning at 10:00 am EST and should be availble for a wire transfer to Western Union by the close of business on Thursday.

I have had my secretary send a Secure Message with your Security Answers to Western Union so that they will have your info in time for you to call when I have confirmed the wire transfer to them. By the way, you are radical Chuck with your choice of car and dog. I knew we were kindred spirits since I just sold my M5 to get my HSC and my ex-girlfriend had an Amstaff. She was quite a bitch (the dog, not the ex although sometimes they were hard to tell apart).

In order to effecuate a smooth transfer, I have had Western Union assign you the same Client Identification Number so that you will not have to duplicate your efforts in getting me that photo of you holding the sign confirming that you are the legitmate seller. I believe you should remember that you were Client ID number 10 T and the same Security Protocol applies so that we still need your Confirmatory Photo holding a sign that reads "I am ID. 10 T".

We are getting so close William and I truly and sincerely appreciate your assistance with this. I would like to repay you somehow for your patience so let me know if I can take you and the wife out to dinner when this is all over.

All the best,

Steve

Holy crap Bob, thanks for the laugh, I needed one. This is absolutely classic. What are you using to set up these fake call queues? I could create something like this with our Asterisk system, but it would take forever. Are you actually getting his caller ID info? Probably he's not even in the US or is spoofing as well.

Back