• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bad Enzo wreck

xsn

Experienced Member
I do not know details the pics are just floating around some other forums. I am concerned for the driver obviously, I hope he made out better than it looks like. Brutal. Please be careful out there, even the best supercars in the world can't stop physics.

enzowned10ya.jpg

enzowned9hu.jpg

Ouch!

As much as I'd like to hope that he lived to tell the story... odds are against him according to that pic.

I wonder what he hit, since theres no other damaged car/tree/pole anywhere near him? Could it be possible that he went off road and then into the air, breaking the car in two upon landing?

The driver is fine! The Enzo self-immolated when the clock fuse blew while the driver was on the side of the road taking a leak. One of these days those silly Italians will learn how to make a reliable car.

Here's what happens to an Enzo when it hits a curb after going around a turn a bit too fast. You'd think for $650,000 they could sell you car that cornered a bit better than .96g!

enzo_20040306_002.jpg

Hugh said:
You'd think for $650,000 they could sell you car that cornered a bit better than .96g!

For $650,000 I'll take it and flip it for $1m

http://www.drautos.com/search/srResults.asp?sessionkey={80C8C754-1558-452C-A41C-32F67DFF73C6}&makename=Ferrari&makeid=31

Hugh said:
The driver is fine! The Enzo self-immolated when the clock fuse blew while the driver was on the side of the road taking a leak. One of these days those silly Italians will learn how to make a reliable car.

Can you immagine being there to watch the car just take off and start doing doughnuts and tareing itself to pices. I would immagine the emotions (as long as it was'nt my car) I would be both screaming and laughing at the same time :eek: :biggrin:

Hugh said:

For the dumb questions but what does the clock fuse do? And why would it cause the car to self-immolate when it blows up? Oh, and what was meant by self-immolated? :D

The owner was a 41 year old italian male R.I.P.

He is survived by his wife and two children.

Quote:Internet speculation says he lost it on brow of hill hit the concrete bollard in one of the pics @ 150 MPH. Impact split car in half.

Quote :Guys look the pictures. I think he was on a divided highway on the other side of the hedges. He lost it and came through the hedges onto the service road. Notice the hole in the hedges behind the ambulance and how the debris field is pushed across the road at that point.

Zuerst said:
For the dumb questions but what does the clock fuse do? And why would it cause the car to self-immolate when it blows up? Oh, and what was meant by self-immolated? :D

Actually I was kidding. It wasn't the clock fuse at all. The car hit a racoon crossing the road and fell apart.

immolated means destroyed.

spry said:
Doesn't the sidewall look a little too tall to be a tire for that car?

The piece of tire laying on the ground does seem to have a large sidewall. But if you look back up at the picture of the tire that is still on the car, it doesn't seem that big. I think it's just an angle problem in the picture.

It's a 2 lane street. You can tell because the signs are readable from both directions. It looks to me like the car was going pretty damn fast when it went into the hedges, started disentegrating, and was tossed back onto the street in several pieces. Probably a tree trunk was involved in breaking the major part of the shell in two.

It was a single vehicle accident. I think police originally stated he was doing 280km/h but later changed that to 256km/h. Considering this was out in the countryside, it could have been anything from taking that corner too fast to an animal crossing the road.

Back