• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Girls Chinese Gymnastics Team Investigated?

The idea that government scouts go to all the preschools looking for gifted munchkins and take those that show promise away from thier family,those chosen for olympic level get to see mom and dad 1 wk each year:rolleyes: Some may argue that the family is honored, and will be financialy rewarded imho still does not make robotic child abuse anything else:mad:

Last edited:
BTW guys, there are almost 1 1/2 billion chinese in the world, you don't think there "might" be a possibility that they can actually find "six" 16 years old girls to meet the criteria? Look at the Japanese and Korean team, their girls are just as small and look just as young.

I'm telling you, those Kung Fu/Gymnast chicks starts young - Like Jedi knights in Training!!!:biggrin:

This isn't the first time China has been under scrutiny for this.

Based on the experts any 14-year-old is going to have an inherent advantage over a 16-year-old. While they have many 16-year-olds to choose from it's still theoretically easier to get a 14-year-old to win at the highest level with the same amount of training.

This isn't an unsupported theory like baseball-bat corking. Every gymnastics and medical expert agrees that there is a distinct advantage to being younger. There is enough motivation for cheating.

There is nothing to discuss. It's already proven, by the chinese themselves, a couple gold medal winners are at a maximum of 14 years old currently. The exact same athletes were listed at 12 years old two years ago in a different competition. You can fudge it a little with different months/etc. but 2.XX+12 ain't going to equal 16.

Whether it's worth the trouble of messing with it is another story. If I was the competitors facing them.. probably another story as well.

Good luck proving anything with the Chinese...

+1 Specially if its the government thats backing this. If they provide "official" evidence like "official" passports and birth certificates, they can pretty much thumb their nose at anyone saying otherwise. It's official, comes from our experts, what you think doesn't matter. The family isnt going to come forward. The kids are their bread and butter they'd be stupid to do so. Remember these guys chose to have a kid lip synch the opening cermony becuse the government deemed the actual singer, not cute enough. :rolleyes:

looks like the underage suspicions are confirmed. News report said the entire team was just caught with a bunch of guys in a pickup truck in a rural redneck town.:frown:

There are a lot of news articles about this dude who works at a security firm who was able to find cached documents online showing He Kexin's official reported age to be 14. Just google He Kexin to find some of the stories. Right after that, China had the documents removed from the cache. Here's the dude's blog.

Here's a link to one of the stories about this finding.

There are a lot of news articles about this dude who works at a security firm who was able to find cached documents online showing He Kexin's official reported age to be 14. Just google He Kexin to find some of the stories. Right after that, China had the documents removed from the cache. Here's the dude's blog.

Here's a link to one of the stories about this finding.

I don't think there's really any debate at all that some of these girls were underage. However if the government itself is producing false documents there's really nothing anyone can do except formally ban China from international competition and that's not going to happen without proof which can't really be generated unless they catch China red-handed tampering or deleting documents. Any cached documents could always be passed off as clerical error. I don't see that happening.

The only response that I suppose could be implemented is that the host countires themselves could stop approving visas for Chinese female gymnasts. That would snap China's head back. But the FIG is never going to impose sanctions itself without hard proof.

If the FIG and the gymnastics community is truly serious about this age limit I think it's the resposibility of the FIG and/or the gymnastics community to plead with the host countries not to approve the visas until they start bending over backwards to provide indisputable proof of age like hospital records, photos, school records.

That is, if the IFG is serious about this age minimum.

I don't think there's really any debate at all that some of these girls were underage. However if the government itself is producing false documents there's really nothing anyone can do except formally ban China from international competition and that's not going to happen without proof which can't really be generated unless they catch China red-handed tampering or deleting documents. Any cached documents could always be passed off as clerical error. I don't see that happening.

The only response that I suppose could be implemented is that the host countires themselves could stop approving visas for Chinese female gymnasts. That would snap China's head back. But the FIG is never going to impose sanctions itself without hard proof.

If the FIG and the gymnastics community is truly serious about this age limit I think it's the resposibility of the FIG and/or the gymnastics community to plead with the host countries not to approve the visas until they start bending over backwards to provide indisputable proof of age like hospital records, photos, school records.

That is, if the IFG is serious about this age minimum.

So it's the old lie and then lie more to cover it up routine. It's the have to have an unreasonable amount of proof to prove what is obvious routine. It makes my stomach turn. I really couldn't careless about someone doing flips on a mat. It's the lying about something that is obvious that burns my ass. People do it all the time and it makes me sick. I doubt one person on that whole team didn't think it was obvious before the Olympics and knew they would be able to cover it with a few weak lies.

So it's the old lie and then lie more to cover it up routine. It's the have to have an unreasonable amount of proof to prove what is obvious routine. It makes my stomach turn. I really couldn't careless about someone doing flips on a mat. It's the lying about something that is obvious that burns my ass. People do it all the time and it makes me sick. I doubt one person on that whole team didn't think it was obvious before the Olympics and knew they would be able to cover it with a few weak lies.

I would say it's pretty sad when a government is more concerned about gold medals than human rights. All they want is to look good in the spotlight. And they wonder why the whole country feels sorry for itself.

There are reliable xray standards to estimate age such as dental and hand/wrist,so if the ioc was really interrested in the whole age rule they would institute these as manditory just like drug tasting which they feel is a more important form of cheating:rolleyes: I mean cmon if you are a governing body of and high profile sport you need to be able to prove you requirements.As far as teams go in sports rules are meant to be broken or limits pushed until those cheating methods are found out.

There are reliable xray standards to estimate age such as dental and hand/wrist,so if the ioc was really interrested in the whole age rule they would institute these as manditory just like drug tasting which they feel is a more important form of cheating:rolleyes: I mean cmon if you are a governing body of and high profile sport you need to be able to prove you requirements.As far as teams go in sports rules are meant to be broken or limits pushed until those cheating methods are found out.

That's true but there's no way an X-ray is going to prove definitively a girl is 15.5 vs. 16. That is only going to be "expert opinion" and not fact at that point. The sport's governing bodies can always find a way to avoid punishing a country.

I do agree that there are at least methods they could use and I am also not convinced the IOC or the FIG is really that serious about the rule or there would be more outrage to this point over the perceived cheating. :rolleyes:

There are reliable xray standards to estimate age such as dental and hand/wrist,so if the ioc was really interrested in the whole age rule they would institute these as manditory just like drug tasting

They have drug tasting, damn!:biggrin:

Lol, I said drug tasting:redface:

BTW guys, there are almost 1 1/2 billion chinese in the world, you don't think there "might" be a possibility that they can actually find "six" 16 years old girls to meet the criteria? Look at the Japanese and Korean team, their girls are just as small and look just as young.

I'm telling you, those Kung Fu/Gymnast chicks starts young - Like Jedi knights in Training!!!:biggrin:

Commie in the house!

Are you suggesting they don't eat dogs in China? :rolleyes:
They eat dogs in Korea~~~.

They also eat cats in Korea~~~

I USA, we also a form of pet, it's called..... Babe!!!!

Back