• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HugaBuga Regulator TOUR

I would use the hi-temp urea grease.

The Shin-etsu grease is too thin and better for just rubber moldings and weatherstrips.

Silicon spray will not last long and not thick enough to coat the tracks.

Hi, the most important is to have them greased rather than the type of grease, I prefer the white teflon grease myself for the tracks and regulator, that's the one Honda uses for the S2000 ;)

I am leaving Phoenix right now and on my way to Texas Houston & Austin, should get there tomorrrow!
It's been great to meet you all, special thanks to Ross from STMPO, he's the craziest and nicest dude on earth, we had a great time :))

Hi, the most important is to have them greased rather than the type of grease, I prefer the white teflon grease myself for the tracks and regulator, that's the one Honda uses for the S2000 ;)

I am leaving Phoenix right now and on my way to Texas Houston & Austin, should get there tomorrrow!
It's been great to meet you all, special thanks to Ross from STMPO, he's the craziest and nicest dude on earth, we had a great time :))

Hugo is the man... I can't believe how fast he can swap these things out... if he is headed in your direction... pm him... it's worth every penny.

I wish you and Anne a safe trip across the US... Thanks for the time.

Regards

Hugo...

I spoke to Scott in Houston.. he is hanging with 3 others and they all want the upgrade..

Text him to schedule .... 832-439-1858 .... Scott is a good friend and he will take good care of you guys.

and save your money and dont get a hotel in TX... they are some of the nicest NSX owners you will ever meet... you will have many places to stay offered.

LMK if I can help in any other way.

Regards

this is Scott in houston
Hugo, call me when you get to Austin.
We have tons of friends there for you to work on there cars too.
At least 3-5 cars in Houston. I'll set it up you just gotta call me.
Thanks man
(832)439-1858

Hugabuga, is this the grease you are talking about?
G_3W.jpg

Or is it in a aerosol can?

thank you,

Hugo, Thanks so much! All three NSX's you finished here today in Georgia are working fantastic! Great work and thanks for the effort you put into this! You are a true asset to the NSX community! - Michael :biggrin:

Hugo, haven't heard from you. I pmed you yesterday, we are supposed to meet up today. September 3. I pmed you my cell number: here it is again. 732-742-6620. Hope to talk to you soon. FRank

Call him. When I spoke with him yesterday, he mentioned that he hadn't had Internet access for several days.

hugo did my windows yesterday.he's a great guy,and his kit is brilliantly simple.my windows weren't too slow,but are definitely faster now,and it appears that the kit will make them less likely to fail in the future,because they are working under less resistance.

it's just nice to have everything on the car working as well as possible.
thanks,hugo,enjoy the rest of your trip.

here are my window times after hugo's fix:

driver's-down-2.5 sec up-3.5
passenger-down-3 up-3.5

before,each was at least a second slower,i've only worked each window 15 or so times,they'll probably get a bit faster

Hi Guys! the TOUR is now over, I am back in Portugal for a week now, and finally found the time to post some pictures and to thank you all for your friendly hospitatilty, it was very nice to meet you all, I enjoyed every single day and place of my trip..and what a trip!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I rent a car (actually 5) and drove 8500 miles across the USA in 4 weeks, I have been in both west and east coast, and southern coast-to-coast path crossing a total of 16 states:rolleyes:

I have no words to thank you all, this trip was beyond the dream I ever had

August 7th: it all started in Toronto
Once again, thank you Bram for inviting me to that meeting and for your hospitality, it was real nice to meet you!
canada5.jpg

canada4.jpg

canada3.jpg

more pics are available here:http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1339447&highlight=erin+mills#post1339447
Thank you Acura for the Bar-B-Que, T-shirts and hats

After only 3 days, Canada was already ending and also buses and public transportation, it was now time for the USA and the beginning of the roadtrip and my car rental

canadaview2.jpg

August 10th: In San Francisco, between Fisherman Wharf, peer 37, alcatraz, golden gate, SFbay, cable cars and even Chinatown visits, I had the first "solo" instalation in Sausalito for Tai. What a city!
solosausalito2.jpg

solosausalito.jpg

Thank you Tai, it was very nice to meet you and your girlfriend, thank you again for the dinner at your place, that was really had a good time.

August 12th: the NorthernCalifornia install party in Santa Clara. Thank you John for setting it at your place, unfortunatly I forgot to take any pictures.
We then celebrate it in a nice Vietmamese bar, with even nicer Vietnamese waitresses:biggrin: Thank you Batman!

August 13th
: a last minute solo installation was programmed for Jerry , who missed the party the day before. Regulator cable was ruined, we had to fix it with a bycicle brake cable, right in the parking slot in front of my hotel doorstep:tongue:
solostaclara1.jpg

solostaclara2.jpg

August 14th: the biggest install-party, took place in SouthernCalifornia at Regan's house. No less then 20cars were there, we then went for a ride and had dinner, something I will never forget. Thank you all, thank you Pablo and Steve for the ride in your +600HP nsx :biggrin::biggrin:

socal1.jpg

socal2.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

More pictures are available here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1340944#post1340944

August 17th:
it was time to leave California, and start heading for the East, passing by Death Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Route66, and so on... :rolleyes: What a dream!

My rental Charger for the roadtrip:
route66x.jpg

Some roads seemed longer than others :biggrin:
roads.jpg

August 20th: already in Phoenix, it was impossible not to meet SOS and STMPO

Me in Ross' car, what a ride! :biggrin:
dsc00909bn.jpg

dsc00907l.jpg

Thank you Ross for letting me drive your +600hp crazy NSX, thanks for the diner at your place, it was really great to meet you, hope to see you again in Vegas!

August 22nd: thank you so much Scott for setting the Houston meeting, thank you Dave for hosting me at your place. We all had diner, I can't thank you enough.
Again, I forgot to take pictures that day

August 23th: I found an old bestfriend from highscool who left Europe to Texas 17year ago and that I never saw again, that was a great and emotive moment, I spent 2 days with him and his family
assaadtexas.jpg

here in front of Austin Capitol with my "old" friend

August 29th
: after a few days in New Orleans and Miami Beach, it was then time for the Orlando meeting set by Tood, in Nabil shop!
Thank you both so much, again I forgot to take any pictures.
We all had lunch that same day

spacecentermoi.jpg

In the route, this rocket in Kennedy Space Center somehow reminded me of a solution for Californian members seeking +600hp for their NSX :biggrin::biggrin:

September 1st: Atlanta!
I fixed the "Fast & Furious 5 - in brazil" movie NSX star:Alex's car! You will recognize it next year when the movie will be released, I did fix its windows yes!:rolleyes:

atlanta1.jpg

atlanta2.jpg

atlanta3.jpg

atlanta5.jpg

atlanta4.jpg

Install party was set by Michael at his place, thank you so much Michael, it was real nice to meet you, I really enjoyed the ride in your MustangGT and the dinner:biggrin::biggrin:, I really wish I had more time to stay

September 2nd-3rd: It was a pleasure to meet RobbieDawg and Frank Spano in solo installations, thank you both for the invitation, again, I wish I had more time.
Frank had one one the best NSX-R replica I have ever seen so far, with genuine NSX-R seats
solonj1.jpg

solonj2.jpg

September 4th: Maryland install party set by Michael (another Michael) at his house! Thank you so much for your hospitality and invitation, again I really wish I had more time.
phoenix5.jpg
phoenix4b.jpg

here an happy face showing the effects of a fixed window :biggrin:
phoenix3.jpg

phoenix2x.jpg

The regulator tour was now over, I had one week left for some serious tourism activities in DC and NY, White House or Times Square not to miss of course...

moiwhytehouse.jpg

moiny.jpg

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in New York
These street will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Hear it for New York, New York, New York!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Although the NSX still remains a wonderful car after 20years, it's real wonder comes from its community now!

A big THANK YOU to everyone, see you guys in VEGAS

Please do not hesitate to ask me to remove any picture if something bothers you in it

hey hugo,
it was great to meet you.thanks for coming here and working on our cars.of course it's nice to have the windows working better,but the main thing is it's great to connect with nice people who have a common interest.
glad you had a good trip

Back