• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lower priced forced induction kit options coming soon. Please give us your input here

KO-NSX - I appologize but I missunderstood your original post. When I referred to negligable for cost, I was referring to 50WHP being 300-325WHP and 100WHP being 350-375WHP.

Dave - Excellent wishlist! It's right inline with what are trying to acheive here.

As far as logistics and cost of shipping the car, this time around we are going to taylor the kit to be installed by your local shop of choice.

Several customers have reported passing emissions testing with our original system and a good tune. Like I said in my previous post, we are working on a layout with the new kit that can include a high flow Cat if the customers chooses.

Can anyone tell me what the current cost of the new Comptech kit is? I'm trying my best to make sure we are in the same ballpark.

Hi Cody did you get my PM? :biggrin:

Cheers,

AR

Lower price is good but please do not sacrifice reliability or quality and not to mention a little profit for your hard work. Long term, it's always better to save and pay a little more upfront for quality products in life.

My stock '93 NSX desperately needs more power. It would be excellent if I can obtain 150 extra hp equivalent to the current Audi R-8 level. As for cost, I think $7K for the kit with professional installation & tuning for another $2K would be great. Transporting the car to your shop is another $2k. So for a total of roughly $11K, I can have a 420 hp NSX, yeah it's very appealing. When can I send you the car?

Lower price is good but please do not sacrifice reliability or quality and not to mention a little profit for your hard work. Long term, it's always better to save and pay a little more upfront for quality products in life.

My stock '93 NSX desperately needs more power. It would be excellent if I can obtain 150 extra hp equivalent to the current Audi R-8 level. As for cost, I think $7K for the kit with professional installation & tuning for another $2K would be great. Transporting the car to your shop is another $2k. So for a total of roughly $11K, I can have a 420 hp NSX, yeah it's very appealing. When can I send you the car?

And the engine build? :biggrin:

If we designed a system centered around 375-425whp and maxing out at just shy of 500whp, is this heading in the right direction?

Absolutely.

The budget kit should be focused on maximizing the potential of the stock engine, as you describe.

...OK - no oil scavenging system. If we designed a system centered around 375-425whp and maxing out at just shy of 500whp, is this heading in the right direction?...

Yes, because on an NSX that is a very respectable amount of power to add.

While everyone knows you cannot get a top shelf system for $5k, I would be very interested in one that was around $8k and still had the reliability and power that Love Fab is known for. All of the kits that are in the $5k range seem to be junk that you end up spending almost double to try to add parts to and fix to run properly, and usually those cheapies have poor fit and finish from what I have seen.

Admittedly, I am a cheap bastard that just has trouble justifying $12k - $15k for a mod. To me, once you cross over writing checks that are 5-figures, it seems like so much more money than a kit in the $8k range, and I think about how I could have just bought a new commuter car for that. :D

Take it for what it is worth. But I think it is fair to say that most of the crowd like me that does not have the fat wallet in their pocket can mentally justify something in the mid to higher 4 figure range (installed), but getting over $10k just puts us out of the game. :(

I would think the performance figures around 400whp should be fine. I think most of us want reliability and more performance without killing the former.

I would like something that could be bolted on fairly simple. Possibly have a AEM, preset with a conservative tune as that the car could be driven to a local tuner and get a good tune. Make some good torque threw out the RPM range not just top end HP figures. Something that is well balanced like Honda intended, reliable and safe on a completely stock motor:smile:

I would like something that could be bolted on fairly simple. Possibly have a AEM, preset with a conservative tune as that the car could be driven to a local tuner and get a good tune. Make some good torque threw out the RPM range not just top end HP figures. Something that is well balanced like Honda intended, reliable and safe on a completely stock motor:smile:

Sounds like a Genie and understanding women joke. :biggrin:

+1 included basemap with the kit

All PM's replied to.

A healthy list has formed of people getting in line for the new lower priced design. This kit will target maximum potential for the stock engine and will uphold the reliability and power that LoveFab has delivered for the past several years.

The new kit will be geared toward installation at your local shop. We will also create a set of basemaps that will get you down the road to your tuner. Based on calculations thus far, it looks like pricing will come head-head with the Comptech Supercharger.

All PM's replied to.

A healthy list has formed of people getting in line for the new lower priced design. This kit will target maximum potential for the stock engine and will uphold the reliability and power that LoveFab has delivered for the past several years.

The new kit will be geared toward installation at your local shop. We will also create a set of basemaps that will get you down the road to your tuner. Based on calculations thus far, it looks like pricing will come head-head with the Comptech Supercharger.

Hey bud,

Please add me onto your list. I wsa inquiring about your budget setup a while back. You were gonna send me some details via PM. However, this new budget setup is what I am really interested in.

Let me know via PM if that is what you prefer.
Thanks man,
Nathan

All PM's replied to.

I hope that means that the kit will be in the $7k - $8k range. :redface:

Wish list. (Im going to ask for alot since it is a wish list.)

- Simple Bolt on / DIY installation- minimal cutting and drilling.
- Plug an Play fuel management ( pre- programed fuel maps for up to 10psi of boost)
- Possible to retain existing Headers or OEM exahaust manifold to save installation and kit cost.
- Reliable parts.

Stage options and kit includes required programming and parts for horsepower level. Upgradable path.
Stage 1 300rwhp base kit
Stage 2 400rwhp (Stage I + new program and or ECU and XXX hardware)
Stage 3 500rwhp (Stage II + new program and or ECU and XXX hardware)

Base Kit should be price competitive with CTSC kit.

- Plug an Play fuel management ( pre- programed fuel maps for up to 10psi of boost)
- Possible to retain existing Headers or OEM exahaust manifold to save installation and kit cost.
- Reliable parts.

Stage options and kit includes required programming and parts for horsepower level. Upgradable path.
Stage 1 300rwhp base kit

Please dont listen to this. We dont want to spend the same money as a CTSC and get 50-60rwhp less. :rolleyes:

The stage 2 kit should be close in price range to the CTSC. :biggrin:

- Reliable parts.

Stage 1 300rwhp base kit

Dude...you are aware that you just said you will pay $9k - $10k for about 30 hp, right? The NA1 cars come with 270 hp stock, and the NA2 come with 290 hp. :confused:

For me the deal breaker with a turbo has always been the fuel management. I have no one around here I trust to tune it. So, my only option has effectively been the CTSC.

If you could come up with a turbo based system that has all the positive qualities of the CTSC, without the parasitic losses of the charger or the high intake temps I would have a hard time saying no.

So, my wish list:
1. Simple fuel management
2. Quick spooling to 6-7psi
3. Lower IATs than a CTSC
4. Bolt on - I'm not doing anything that cannot be reversed
5. Top notch fitment & quality
6. Bulletproof, even when tracked or at high miles
7. Price less than or equal to a low boost CTSC

I'd love to be able to keep / reuse my existing headers & exhaust but realize that may be asking a little much.

Please dont listen to this. We dont want to spend the same money as a CTSC and get 50-60rwhp less. :rolleyes:

The stage 2 kit should be close in price range to the CTSC. :biggrin:

You are right! It should start at 400 rwhp. I was just trying to suggest there should be a stages and upgradable paths.

Great news to report guys – With some modifications, we’ve got two cars running extremely well without oil pumps. We should have about 500 miles combined by the end of today. We will continue testing some small turbo placements and hardware redesigns throughout the coming week.

It looks like we are going to end up with two kits. One will be the lower priced kit centered around the 350-425whp that a lot of you have been requesting. The second kit will essentially be our original kit geared towards people looking for 450-600whp and higher.

To keep costs down and quality up, we will be manufacturing the turbo manifolds in-house. The new kit should have full boost between 3500 and 4000rpm (though we are aiming for 3500rpm) and our IAT’s have always been substantially lower than the Comptech superchargers.

Our kits have always been designed to be bolt on with no cutting/drilling/grinding required unlike some of the other kits out there.

It looks like we are going to end up with two kits. One will be the lower priced kit centered around the 350-425whp that a lot of you have been requesting. The second kit will essentially be our original kit geared towards people looking for 450-600whp and higher.

Sounds really good. What are we going to need to add to these "kits"? Will it come with an exhaust, or will it end at the cats? Will it end after the cats? Is there any chance at all of having high flow cats (like random tech) in there? (you touched on that earlier).

Do we need engine management, or is that included? I think I missed that part.

Back