• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new 2002 nsx tear down & build

Re: JASON's 2002 NSX Tear down

awesome!!!!

guess what I just got a complete 2003 NSX

front end damage but ALL the parts I need to Totally fix Jason's 2002.

I will go and pick it up either tomorrow or saturaday.

heres a few teaseer pics.

and your never gonna believe how many miles are on this car LOL.
I will take pics of the cluster when i get it.

Also I will have TONNNNSSSS of parts after this one as jason's is almost complete.

2003-1.jpg

2003-2.jpg

So you're driving this one home too? LOL... You are a crazy mofo!!!

DocL I wish and you know I would do it LOL

it drives and runs fine, it has no front end and no radiator.
I was then thinking about bringing a radiator and coolant
and zip tie the radiator to the frame fill with collant and drive

Ok guys I have tons of pics. of the 2003 I am going to be using to rebuild
Jason's 2002 NSX.

I drove to Miami yesterday, to purchase a 2003 NSX with 20,000 miles Mint, had front end damage. when we got there the guy wanted cash, so we gave him cash a stack of 50's about 6 inches thick, thats all the Wells Fargo bank had. LOL

the car had been sitting for so long the rear wheels would not turn in neutral ( we thought )so we had to remove the driveshafts in the middle of the night LOL
took about 2 hours put it all back together and still will not spin. we figure it needs to have weight on the car to break up the rust what ever.
so we finish it up and he loads the NSX onto a forklift
2011-10-14_22-23-13_843.jpg

then we say goodbye and start are trip back to tampa.

about 30 minutes into the drive we pulled over to get some fuel and we got out to check the straps etc. walked around the car and you could feel the heat like the sun coming from both back wheels.
thats not good you couldnt even put your head down there to look at whats heating up so bad to cause this.

I think to myself the e-brake is off so it has to be the wreck/damage, the front end damage was forcing the rear brakes to be pressed. like riding your brakes you could smell the brake pads. well so rigging and to release the pressure the wheels spin perfect. LOL I didnt want to be pulling a FIREBALL behind us LOL. so it was the brakes that was stopping it from turning, we removed the driveshafts for NO reason at all what a waste of time. LOL
came home with out any other problems. here are the pics for your pleasure
2011-10-15_09-11-47_211.jpg

2011-10-15_09-12-08_507.jpg

Last edited:
And finally the VIN. JH4NA21672T000109

she is COD ( Certificate Of Destruction ) so you guys will never see here alive again. its sad as I have seen worse but once the DMV in Florida stamps a car COD its done, well you can have it rebuild in the states that allow you to

2011-10-15_09-18-59_169.jpg

Last edited:
COD really? From the look of it, it looks like you could weld a front clip on there and be fine. Too bad...

Are you going to put the original engine back into the one that you're going to fix and put this engine into the silver NSX?

I can't wait to see how this project turns out.

dibs on the 02+ front bumper and headlights

...... :biggrin: j/k

hats off to you. going to love seeing this being put together by you (again, again + again)

Ok I have started the 2003 tear down so here is where I am now.
I am going to try and save all the wiring I can.

2011-10-17_18-33-05_883.jpg

2011-10-17_18-33-25_3.jpg

2011-10-17_18-33-14_569.jpg

I do need parts LOL I sold the whole 2002 front end to another member he wanted to do a 02+ conversion on his NSX so the headlights, front bumper, hood, bumper beam etc.etc are gone. so i need all of that.
if you have any of these things laying around guys PM me

this car will be a black beauty when i am done.

Can I HAS the center console + the door inserts please? PLEASE?? I can pick up @ NSXcapades!! please?

Ok guys had some time today to start to take off the rear of Jason's 2002.

I took pics will upload them later today. the tip of the frame rails took the brunt of the impact. but it look so good.

but i noticed all of the aluminum that make the car is done in sections.

like Honda welded a curvy piece to the rail, then welded another wiggly piece to the rail, then another intill that had the chassis complete. its so cool seeing this.

anyway stay tuned for pics.

well guys I found a LOJACK system in the 2003 wanna see what one looks like? LOL

it even has a battery in case the bad guys cut the cars battery, the copper looking thingy is the antenna transmitter
um maybe I shouldnt post pics of this?

oh well. sorry I decide to remove the pics PM me if you want to see them

2011-11-05_16-28-14_531.jpg

Last edited:
Back