• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.
Why not go with the SOS blower instead of the CTSC?

Autowave = 30 minutes from my house. SOS in Phoenix = 8 hours + 30 minutes.

Having had my NSX parked in Arizona, gathering dust and cooking in the sun for two years during aforementioned forced induction disaster, ibid -- yes, that's right, two whole years!!! -- I prefer a local, reputable solution. (No, t'was not Chris Wilson at SOS; rather, he was a very sympathetic observer to my plight. Now, think carefully... what other FI solution comes from Pheonix? Hmmmm.)

Happily, I cannot say anything remotely bad about Autowave. It was they who rescued me and nursed me back from insanity and despair and hemlock. Autowave = Shane and Mike. Shane and Mike prefer CT for their CA supercharged cars. Hence CT, not SOS.

So far, this has turned out to be a very satisfactory solution to the perilous excursions from what is at the heart of this forum -- departure from the safe, cosseted cocoon of OEM, into the savage wilds of DYI FI.

Me? I need a safari guide. Chris is a good one, but Shane and Mike are my heroes, and much closer. Moreover, Mark thinks it's his engine, and it's only on loan to me.

Essentially I just do what they tell me, buy what they say, and write large checks.

Last edited:
Autowave = 30 minutes from my house. SOS in Phoenix = 8 hours + 30 minutes.

Having had my NSX parked in Arizona, gathering dust and cooking in the sun for two years during aforementioned forced induction disaster, ibid -- yes, that's right, two whole years!!! -- I prefer a local, reputable solution. (No, t'was not Chris Wilson at SOS; rather, he was a very sympathetic observer to my plight. Now, think carefully... what other FI solution comes from Pheonix? Hmmmm.)

Happily, I cannot say anything remotely bad about Autowave. It was they who rescued me and nursed me back from insanity and despair and hemlock. Autowave = Shane and Mike. Shane and Mike prefer CT for their CA supercharged cars. Hence CT, not SOS.

So far, this has turned out to be a very satisfactory solution to the perilous excursions from what is at the heart of this forum -- departure from the safe, cosseted cocoon of OEM, into the savage wilds of DYI FI.

Me? I need a safari guide. Chris is a good one, but Shane and Mike are my heroes, and much closer. Moreover, Mark thinks it's his engine, and it's only on loan to me.

Essentially I just do what they tell me, buy what they say, and write large checks.

I am starting to detect a theme, here. :eek:

Shane was kind / cruel enough to pass me some pictures of the freshly installed 2.3 blower and Laminova intercooler. Also on board, new Walbro fuel pump and Viper-sized injectors. (Elegant work on the hoses by the way, Mike.)

Now for the critical, why-we-all-go-to-Autowave part... tuning... and more tuning... and more....

Unfortunately all this waiting is depleting my small, hard-won, reserves of maturity. I want my toy. Now.

Keep in mind that your Targa top will no longer fit in you engine compartment unless you build a custom intake so your cooler is recessed into your intake.
This is what I did and everything fits like stock. I have drawings if you need them.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90136&page=3

Keep in mind that your Targa top will no longer fit in you engine compartment unless you build a custom intake so your cooler is recessed into your intake.
This is what I did and everything fits like stock. I have drawings if you need them.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90136&page=3

Thanks for the heads up Ken, and the very, very generous offer of your plans. I may take you up on them.

For the moment, I'm waiting for delivery, and have chosen to drive about, sans engine cover temporarily.

My consigliere/service writer/accomplice in crimes alcoholic, Josh Jacob of Santa Monica Acura is very skilled in fiberglass fabrication, and we may one-off a custom cover. If he fails, he's promised to cough up the best fiberglass maker he knows -- Dad, a professional boat builder in Texas.

It takes a village... :wink:

However, I'm rarely Targa-ing these days, as I own a Porsche Boxster for when I want to do the "California thing," (sunglasses, PCH, "Pink Cadillac" thumping on custom stereo. Yes, I am a cliche.) Should I ever want to go NSX topless, into the trunk it will go. I just can't shop for groceries and go NSX topless.

Well, yes I can -- but only if I buy prosciutto.

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed reading of your joy up till now! makes me dream about the next stage in my babys life but it will need to wait till the finances are a little healthier lol..

is it sad that all I dream about when money gets back to normal is Boost and widebody???

Thoroughly enjoyed reading of your joy up till now! makes me dream about the next stage in my babys life but it will need to wait till the finances are a little healthier lol..

is it sad that all I dream about when money gets back to normal is Boost and widebody???

No.

You have simply become me for the last few years.

However I go to the gym across the street four times a week to keep away the widebody. :tongue:

It has returned...

Cackling madly, Mike and Shane and Mark and Steve have parted the Gates of Darkness and—finally!—unleashed my own unholy beast.

Daemons have lost bladder control. Succubi have fainted... And I meanwhile, have howled in unbridled, unrepentant pleasure.

And the noise! Dear God, the infernal sound of it. Tectonic... like the plates of the planet growling beneath the oceans; Keening, like harpies in orgiastic choral abandonment.

My monster: 413rwhp, 317 torque... kitten-like to 3000rpm, Godzilla-like past 4000, Death Star-like beyond 5000. More would be insanity. Lamborghinis pull onto sidewalks, Porsches hide in the bushes.

Even the terminally jaded valets at the Peninsula Hotel have run out from behind the parked array of Zondas, Royces and Bentleys to walk around the beast and give thumbs up. An orbital ring of Latino moons, smiling as widely as me.

Thanks Autowave.

Mirable Visu—

(More after I play this weekend. No tech now, only oceans of intoxicating emotion. WHAT A CAR!)

Attachments

• 2010_10_15_16_14_19.jpg
    2010_10_15_16_14_19.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 149
It has returned...

Cackling madly, Mike and Shane and Mark and Steve have parted the Gates of Darkness and—finally!—unleashed my own unholy beast.

Daemons have lost bladder control. Succubi have fainted... And I meanwhile, have howled in unbridled, unrepentant pleasure.

And the noise! Dear God, the infernal sound of it. Tectonic... like the plates of the planet growling beneath the oceans; Keening, like harpies in orgiastic choral abandonment.

My monster: 413rwhp, 317 torque... kitten-like to 3000rpm, Godzilla-like past 4000, Death Star-like beyond 5000. More would be insanity. Lamborghinis pull onto sidewalks, Porsches hide in the bushes.

Even the terminally jaded valets at the Peninsula Hotel have run out from behind the parked array of Zondas, Royces and Bentleys to walk around the beast and give thumbs up. An orbital ring of Latino moons, smiling as widely as me.

Thanks Autowave.

Mirable Visu—

(More after I play this weekend. No tech now, only oceans of intoxicating emotion. WHAT A CAR!)

Did you leave the cats in? Could be an old description since I am sure you had to junk the GTLW also.

Does anyone have Shane or Mike's #? I'd like to drop off my car today...seriously.

Does anyone have Shane or Mike's #? I'd like to drop off my car today...seriously.

Autowave: (714) 841-2433.

Personally, I'd wait until Monday to drop your car, as they tend to lock the gate on weekends. Of course you could just leave it parked on Gothard, but...:wink:

Have fun, but be prepared to bring a suitcase of cash. Cocaine is cheaper than properly constructed, properly tuned forced induction. I'm enjoying what can only be termed a serious investment. (Thank you AAPL)

Did you leave the cats in? Could be an old description since I am sure you had to junk the GTLW also.

Actually no, I removed the old Comptech exhaust in favor of the less restrictive Taitech GT Lightweights.

And yes, I left the stock cats in. (Shane bought a 3rd party set, but felt the sound inappropriate to the other elements of the car. As such somebody is going to get a hell of deal on an imperceptibly used set of catalytic converters.)

Back