• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

Am I the only one who thinks Bottas is an exceptionally talented driver when he is alone on the track or way in front of everybody. But....a driver who loses most of his skills when in the mix with other cars?

He is not in the same level as Fernando,Lewis or Max.And not a Champion type.

Lewis left both his tyre changes a couple of laps too late - the first time he said that the tyres were still fine, but was 2 seconds a lap slower than those that had changed earlier. Max was able to up his pace as Lewis got close, and was playing with him in the final lap or two.
Good performances from Checo, Charles and Danny Ric - not so good from Carlos and Lando. Yuki held on, and a good recovery drive from Seb.
Bottas took ages to move up the field, but should have got a place higher than he finished, so not great from the constructors championship perspective.
Driver of the day had to be Max.

still some pretty big bumps for an F1 car...I was laughing at shack...he was like #4 on the podium....Max was giving him some side eye...like wtf is he doing standing next to me during the anthems....:biggrin:

.... and BOY is he BIG!
H-

huge human....

So true, he had the confidents in the car.........still believe that VB give him the opening, or else he would have not been able to make the corner, if VB had made a slight move to the left prior to entering the braking zone.

Bram

I thought that the race was quite boring after the first corner.
Danny Ric had the fattest ar$e on a car for many a year - did he have damage to his right hand side aero?
Max was in a different race to Lewis, and Checo's and Bottas' races illustrated exactly why the 2022 cars can't come soon enough. Not being an expert on the weather for Mexico City, was it unseasonably hot? If not, the this race needs to be moved to a cooler / wetter time of year to make it more interesting in future.
My driver of the day was Pierre Gasly for a totally lonely drive.

Will LH get penalty for unlegal DRS sistem on his Merc.?Information is that when DRS is open it's open more than 85mm wich is alowed.

Yes,and starts last on sprint race.

Last edited:
Back