• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

You have to admit that going from last to fourth in 25 laps is pretty impressive.
H-

From last(10) to FIRST.....with some weird Penalties.....Nothing will stop Lewis.

I would like to see Mad Max steering input/angle during the past by Lewis, at the first attempt ...

Bram

Last edited:
Well done Lewis. He kept his composure after that run off. Strange we didn’t have a cockpit view of the incident, 5 seconds penalty would have came to a play.

That was an entertaining race overall. Can’t wait for the remaining 3 races

Today Merc Lewis combination was to fast for RB and Max.Congrats for win only scare's me speed of Merc after Mexico. If RB not find some more speed in theirs car it would be hard for Max to defend first drivers position.

Because Mercedes was clearly the faster car today. It may look like he gave up but safer to finish 2nd vs making a mistake trying to catch up to something knowing it’s much faster.

Max was very lucky not to get a 5 second penalty for running Lewis off the road - he would have been third behind Bottas if the decision had gone against him.

I think it was a fair decision and thought it good driving by both drivers to escape without incident.

One of Hamilton’s best drives. He certainly has shown why he is a 7x world champion.

Merc has found something with its car, and RB is not happy with it.

Did Audi just buy into McLaren? I believe McLaren said the story is wholly untrue that the company has been sold to Audi. Does that mean partially true?

Not even close to being fair.....they did not event look at Mad Max onboard, to see if he made any movement on the steering.

Bram

Agree with Bram... correct me if I’m wrong there’s always a camera positioned at the steering wheel. I’m surprised they haven’t shared that footage.

So the onboard video from Verstappen’s car is on formula1.com this morning. Not sure if I see anything damming.

Yep, fair decision by the stewards. For once, I think they did a good job here.

I disagree - Max just steered so that he forced Lewis wide - he made no attempt to make the corner, as he just didn't turn the wheel enough. Hamilton had to steer even less to the left than Max because there would have been contact if he had made the corner(as he was ahead when the steering inputs started).
I'm no Hamilton fan or Max hater, but it seems to me as though Max wasn't prepared to concede the corner on track. Racing incident - yes, but not sportsman-like driving from Max.

I disagree - Max just steered so that he forced Lewis wide - he made no attempt to make the corner, as he just didn't turn the wheel enough. Hamilton had to steer even less to the left than Max because there would have been contact if he had made the corner(as he was ahead when the steering inputs started).
I'm no Hamilton fan or Max hater, but it seems to me as though Max wasn't prepared to concede the corner on track. Racing incident - yes, but not sportsman-like driving from Max.

Totally agreed with your take on the incident.....Everyone see's things with a different set of lens.

Bram

I concur with your statement as well!

This weekend could be pivotable. If RB is able to respond to Merc, Max has a chance at the championship. If Merc is faster, the next and final 2 races will be even more interesting.

I’d like F1 to be clear before the race, that drivers need to stay inside the limits of the track, especially when racing with other cars around. As a fan of American series racing, putting a wall of concrete at the edge of the track discourages running wide, and creating grey areas for human judgement. Even the times deleted for exceeding the track limits does little to penalize drivers other than during a critical qualifying lap.

Maybe an engine kill (for 5 seconds) for anytime exceeding track limits would be a good solution? Not ideal, probably filled with unintended consequences, but please discuss?

Back