• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The STMPO Messiah Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, "China-developed cheap 400-series"- thats why every jet engine has exhaust components made of some grade of 400-series for 50 years or so.
you are so clueless that all we need to do is let you talk, and as usual, you argue about something you have no experience with but hearsay. you don't even understand how the naming nomenclature works and what it represents- you just regurgitate pieces of truncated info.
while 300-series is used by some to 'save' on material in cheap exhausts, it is used mostly to make milk-pipes these days and for a good reason- ever seen rusty stainless headers? thats what happens to 300-series after it heat-cycles for a while (i am sure other members saw this happen to their motorcycle exhausts for instance).
funny how YET AGAIN you come up with stories sucked out of your thumb with no technical research to make your 'product' APPEAR better than others, while the EXACT OPPOSITE is true (just like your service abilities)- bashing Taitec for using a MUCH better material, posting meaningless 'noise' with graphs to support it and then ranting when proven wrong? Sounds familiar, again.
you need to get YOUR bullshit off Prime.

The point to make here is rising costs of steel... china has produce a Stainless alloy to replace exhuast manu materials.

Directly from the wikipedea link... reffering to LOW QUALITY EXHAUSTS

Type 409—cheapest type; used for automobile exhausts; ferritic (iron/chromium only).

Directly from the wikipedea link...

Type 304—the most common grade; the classic 18/8 stainless steel. Also referred to as "A2" in accordance with ISO 3506

Type 316—the second most common grade (after 304); for food and surgical stainless steel uses; alloy addition of molybdenum prevents specific forms of corrosion. It is also known as marine grade stainless steel due to its increased resistance to chloride corrosion compared to type 304. 316 is often used for building nuclear reprocessing plants. 316L is an extra low carbon grade of 316, generally used in stainless steel watches and marine applications, as well exclusively in the fabrication of reactor pressure vessels for boiling water reactors, due to its high resistance to corrosion. Also referred to as "A4" in accordance with ISO 3506.[6] 316Ti includes titanium for heat resistance, therefore it is used in flexible chimney liners.

I saw the $400 headers on your car with cracked flanges.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no dog in this fight but I can tell you 316 is far superior to 304 in a Saltwater boating environment. I have 316 dated back to 1979 on my boat and it is nearly perfect.

Did I mention that I love my exhaust? I think I did... Somewhere on this thread..maybe right before the moderator asked people to stay on topic:confused:

swerve

do not post in here again

This thread is going to be closed. There is enough information about this exhaust from the posts seen. For those interested in this exhaust, you can contact stmpo. This bickering going on in this thread is useless. There is no need for personal attacks on the internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back