• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5th annual NSX Canyon Drive!!! Sunday, June 12th, 2005

loomup said:
:biggrin: :biggrin: If anyone from the OC group can tell us the aprox. time they will be in the WLA area we could join your caravan.

Dexter
Karl
Kwante

Hi Dexter,

The OC caravan is leaving at 6:15am and we should be about 45 miles away from 405/Century blvd. So I'm expecting to be around the LAX area around 7:05.

PM me your cell # so that I can call you when we roll through 405 and 105.

I'm at the 405/10 junction. Will rendezvous with you guys as you come up the 405 and pass Santa Monica Blvd. :smile:

Looks like I'm the only guy from the Eastside. I will see you all tomorrow.

Attention WLA Drivers: We will meet at Starbucks (630am) in Westchester
5301 Centinela Ave (Northwest corner of Centinela and LaTijera Bl). The San Diego group will meet us on the 405 FWY at LaTijera Bl at 700am. Please PM me if you have any questions. I will give you my cell phone number via PM

It was a great day. BIG THANKS to Jonh (ANYTIME) and all who helped. Can't wait till next year.

See lots of old faces and meet some new ones. We should do this more offen. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks everyone, including all the NSX owners that participated. :biggrin: :biggrin:

AWESOME day!!!

Thanks Anytime, Registered User, and all others that help to put this drive on. Everything is sooo organized and well runned. The route, group mgmt, restaurant selection, parking..etc.

The smaller drive groups definitely helped with staying on course A big prop to our fearless Red leader, never missed a beat. Called out all the turns, cars, bikers... along the road :) The whole group stayed together from the morning til the end, and not one missed turn.

Bambookid, hope you got home alright.

Just to echo everyone else; CDub thanks for the caravan, John and Tina I appreciate all you do to make this event as great as it is; Scott. Linda. Dave and Mark we all appreciate your work for all of us; group leaders helped us get from A to B, and thanks to all who came that made it SAFE. Great Fun with old and new friends!! Gil and Donna

Ditto what Gil wrote...

And.. The smaller groups was a plus for staying on track.

Thanks everyone for a great day! :biggrin:

-Troy

The 2005 Canyon Drive was ROCKIN'!!! Great work by John AND everyone involved. There's no better way to see and feel NSX love short of NSXPO!!

Picture thread has been started. Check it out HERE.

-Randy

Three cheers to John & Tina, Registered User, and the rest of the gang for a very successful run this year!
sm63.gif

John and Tina you always go above and beyond.Tina thanks for all your help
and the gift wrapping.This years drive was so well organized I really liked the
groups of 10,We had a great safe trip,only one flat tire.Thank you Registered
User for all your hard work,without you guys all this fun would not happen.

I have to give big ups to everyone involved. I had a great time, being the first NSX drive that I've been on since I picked up my car in January.

Anyhow, I left right after the lunch, what happened between the grudge match between the EVO and NSX? Did that go down?

Hapa88 said:
Anyhow, I left right after the lunch, what happened between the grudge match between the EVO and NSX? Did that go down?
ANYTIME has always been a true upstanding guy. That being said, I was shocked that not only was he condoning a drag race between an NSX and an EVO, he was the one setting it up.

As for the outcome, the EVO never got traction and the NSX took it off the line.

I was sure the results should have been closer, so I took a closer look at the Mitsubishi. Turns out it wasn't even an EVO, but merely just a Lancer. What a poser.

I vote for a rematch. But next time, we should bring out the big guns. If anything, I was initially upset that John didn't think of inviting me to participate. I'm willing to throw my car into the mix if he asks me.:D

-Randy

Hapa88 said:
I have to give big ups to everyone involved. I had a great time, being the first NSX drive that I've been on since I picked up my car in January.

While I cannot condone street racing, I'll let others chime in on the race that did happen. Anyone have any of the many pics that I saw being taken? It was Mark911 against someone who's name I don't recall.

FuryNSX said:
ANYTIME has always been a true upstanding guy. That being said, I was shocked that not only was he condoning a drag race between an NSX and an EVO, he was the one setting it up.

As for the outcome, the EVO never got traction and the NSX took it off the line.

I was sure the results should have been closer, so I took a closer look at the Mitsubishi. Turns out it wasn't even an EVO, but merely just a Lancer. What a poser.

I vote for a rematch. But next time, we should bring out the big guns. If anything, I was initially upset that John didn't think of inviting me to participate. I'm willing to throw my car into the mix if he asks me.:D

-Randy

So our 270HP NSX beat a 120HP Lancer? What a surprise. . . :tongue: Only the EVO versions have the 270+HP engines and AWD. If it really was an EVO, it would be surprising to me that it an AWD car had trouble getting traction. Oh well. . .rematch! Maybe we should set something up to LACR on a Wednesday night or something.

Judging from the bulges on the fenders, I was sure that it was an EVO, but what do I know about Mitsubitshis.

I think the reason why the EVO lost was because the pilot of the EVO or Lancer is none other than Mark911. I think Mark intentionally let the NSX win. It is an NSX event after all.

CDub said:
Judging from the bulges on the fenders, I was sure that it was an EVO, but what do I know about Mitsubitshis.

I think the reason why the EVO lost was because the pilot of the EVO or Lancer is none other than Mark911. I think Mark intentionally let the NSX win. It is an NSX event after all.

It was a Lancer with a true EVO drivetrain (from a crashed EVO :tongue: ). I certainly wouldn't invite a stock Lancer :confused: I also noticed the buldges, so maybe it is being changed over. Whoever was taking pics, please post them!!!

I'd like to add my thanks to John, Tina, Marc, Scott, Linda, Dave and everyone else involved. I had a blast as usual...it was quite an experience to follow Marc's M5 in the silver group.

I'm working on my pictures. Even though I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I have during past drives, it will probably take me most of the week to process them.

I made quite a few mistakes with my video...most notably, leaving my inverter's power off during the first stretch. I placed the camera with the display panel facing outward, so I couldn't verify that it was recording throughout the day (why I didn't move it is beyond me...because I have no idea what I captured and what I missed). And on the last stretch, somewhere along the twisties of Mullholland, the power cable came off of the camera (so it was on battery)....fortunately I had enough battery life to last to the end of the tape (which would have made it to the end had we not got lost en route to the restaurant). Since on previous drives I shot footage forward, I decided to shoot all of this drive pointing backwards...so I'm thinking about doing a mix of footage. I won't have time to touch this for awhile though.

CDub said:

I had that baby pinned all the way! The NSX was just too much. I'm working on some mods on the EVO for next year's re-match.

Great job John,Tina and the other volunteers. I was very unhappy that I did not make the first list but I paid the money at 12:30 a.m. when everyone could and got in. It was my first time using PayPal.
The smaller 10 in the four groups worked out extremely well but I also enjoyed all 40 parked after the bridge. Hats off to our red leader.
The pictures on the other thread look great especially on my 65" DLP as they take up the whole screen.
This was the best canyon run ever.

Back