• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drumroll: My 2004 White/Onyx NSX is here|

Re: |Drumroll: My 2004 White/Onyx NSX is here|

Ira: We're planning a road trip with the NSX to the northwest next month so not sure if you got your car yet.....? Planning to put some miles on her and do a trip to see the coastline :)

Not many mods on this car as it's just been sitting around here idle most of the time but I've decided enough is enough with the crappy stock radio. This thing not only skips like crazy for the cd changer but now I find the FM radio reception also sucks :( :mad:

Been collecting some really nice high end audio gear so my goal is to install a very nice high end but simple audio setup that will not involve cutting or modifying anything. I'm trying to get my hands on another oem center console right now to do the surgery for the new deck. Look for a radical new approach in installing this deck as I cannot stand the glare from most of the double din installs on these cars!

here's my list of gear:

1) Eclipse AVN-726 double din
2) Focal K2P power door speakers
3) Alpine PDX monoblock amplifiers
4) Audison subwoofer

On a side-note it's been "almost" 8 weeks since I ordered my custom 19x10" BBS LM's which is essentially non-existent. It's nearing the time and I already have the tires ready to go...hehehe

Besides those mods the NSX is just going to stay the way it is as I said to myself no more mods on this car while I concentrate on my new project:

(can you see my love for white and yellow cars? haha)

IMG_2092.jpg

Last edited:

^ nice! That isn't the one I test drove, is it?

Nope, I found a minty fresh one on the east coast that had virtually no miles on it so couldn't pass up the deal! :)

Still no 19" rear LM's as of today and patiently waiting past 8 weeks now :frown:

FRONT LM's close-up:
1DII8484_.jpg

Last edited:

Approaching my birthday this month and almost 2 years of ownership of this NSX and I can honestly so NO REGRETS ~ this is probably the best money spent on a vehicle. I've owned plenty that cost more, some that cost less but no car has given me the enjoyment of driving and modifying this car thus far! :biggrin:

Averaged 1500 miles per year, so in two years I put on roughly 3000 miles on her....

I'm finally happy with the engine bay, wheels, interior, lighting, and overall look of this car after taking it from relatively stock levels to it's current state. Decided to leave the interior STOCK so no aftermarket audio plans for this car anymore.

Thanks to an another prime member I located my Comptech billet engine brace so now the car is really complete. I'm not doing anything else to it once I get my 19" rear LM's on the car. Time to plan a roadtrip up to the northwest next year when the weather gets better.

here's a fun look at how the car all started in the beginning from previous owner:
3_med.jpg

Still with the stockers and re-adjusted ride height:
IMG_2190.jpg

The garage plaque:
IMG_2197.jpg

The NSX-R hood emblem really cleaned up the front end:
IMG_2200.jpg

My Valentine V1 setup:
v1mount_3.jpg

A nice shot with the 18/19 GTV setup:
IMG_1711.jpg

My current 18/18 BBS LM's setup: (soon to be replaced with 19" rears)
IMG_2281.jpg

Nothing but smiles everytime I take her out for a spin :biggrin:
fsonic_tommy-2is--172247.jpg

Last edited:

Rick, you love your NSX as much a we all do :) ... just put some more miles man! LOL

Merry Xmas nsxprime! :)

So to start of 2010, my NSX has decided to LOSE two OEM parts and gain 2 new aftermarket items..........................

Hint: I can't believe how freakin heavy the OEM engine cover piece for the targa's weigh ~ omg! :mad:

Happy Holidays! :smile:

Geeze Rick...Why do you keep posting the same 'ol photos? Don't you have anything more current than ones that are already 15 mins old?

Merry Xmas nsxprime! :)

So to start of 2010, my NSX has decided to LOSE two OEM parts and gain 2 new aftermarket items..........................

Hint: I can't believe how freakin heavy the OEM engine cover piece for the targa's weigh ~ omg! :mad:

Happy Holidays! :smile:

So Rick, the new parts arent OEM? Like not even JDM OEM? :biggrin:

Wish mine was White!! damn it looks good dont do anything to it,, leave it alone,, CF this CF that it looks crappy CF CF CF,,,,, C-Not C-Not C-not

So Rick, the new parts arent OEM? Like not even JDM OEM? :biggrin:

Not JDM nor OEM.....hehe

Might have the word Downforce in there :wink:

shawn110975: Whoever said anything about CF? NO CF here...

Hothonda: More pics will be here next summer, car is in storage, the triple white photoshoot was the last pics for 2009 :smile: But I'm sure you already saw those...

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

freaking baller...no one likes you anymore!!! lmao

Looking fwd to seeing the pics! Still my fav NSX on here :cool:

Sneak peek from this past weekend's festivities....

This is an 18/18 setup - what do you guys think? :)

Does the rear look too small as I was thinking about doing a 19x10" rear stagger with the current 18" fronts....

My co-pilot "hanging" around:
IMG_1733.jpg

A bit further back:
IMG_1755.jpg

Wheel profile shot:
IMG_1729.jpg

I like the 18/18 look, I dont believe this car needs staggered diameter to look good.

100 times better. Beautifull:biggrin:

Fantastic Rick! Color & fit are excellent :cool:

Larry

I dunno, here's my 18/19" setup sneak peek......:biggrin:

The bigger wheel really fits the wheel well much better visually!

opinions?

Amen.
The 18/18 set up looked crappy with the tiny looking rear 18". Congrats to your finding of those elusive 19 inchers!
Steve
IMG_2255.jpg

Last edited:

This crappy weather really hasn't allowed a formal shoot but Baoser (clublexus) member shot my NSX on the way to WekFest in San Francisco, Japantown this past Sunday enroute to a show.

First actual picture of the 18/19" BBS LM' combo :biggrin:

(damn truck was in the way or it would have been nice)

799755456_DFghq-L.jpg

Damn, that is one great looking NSX and those wheels really set it off. The whole package is just great - the seats, tail! Great.

I missed out on a white one when I started looking cause I was focused on later models - then I realized I didn't want to invest that much and missed the best early white one on Prime for years I bet. Anyway - great stuff - you've got quite a collection of nice white jewels! Good for you - you must be doing something right! :wink:

Damn, that is one great looking NSX and those wheels really set it off. The whole package is just great - the seats, tail! Great.

I missed out on a white one when I started looking cause I was focused on later models - then I realized I didn't want to invest that much and missed the best early white one on Prime for years I bet. Anyway - great stuff - you've got quite a collection of nice white jewels! Good for you - you must be doing something right! :wink:

thanks Tim! I'm 100% done with the NSX now so you won't see any new mods for the car.....just want to enjoy driving it as much as I can these days.

Planning a few road trips in 2010 so hopefully to put a few more miles on her since it's rarely left my garage except for a car show here and there.

I'm still in love with the 360 Stradale and the new V10 R8 so those would be the only cars I'd consider replacing my NSX with in a few years or maybe just add it as a stable mate in the garage :)

rick

you should sell me your bride seat set up =D

My Bride EURO II passenger seat may be up for sale since I may swap it out for a matching Stradia Sport (Kevlar) to my driver's side. Originally I wanted a more comfortable seat for my girl but she rarely rides in the car with me anyways.

I bought the EURO II brand new, the seat has been sat in maybe 3 times at most! haha Only the seat is for sale, keeping the rail for my replacement seat.

Just finished my IS-F shop demo car project so look for a photoshoot with the two cars in the upcoming weeks.

The new 18/19" setup has really been PERFECTION as I could not dream of a better setup. I can honestly so no more modding for the NSX as I'm just going to enjoy her for a while now :biggrin:

I personally think the 18-19's look like SHIET!!! You should give them to me and I will hook you up at Discount Tire and get a set of one of the following brands:

1) MB Motoring
2) Konig
3) Tenzo R
4) Rage

Let me know....

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

I dunno, here's my 18/19" setup sneak peek......:biggrin:

The bigger wheel really fits the wheel well much better visually!

opinions?

IMG_5850.jpg

Back