• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally! My TE-37s are installed!!!

Q

Experienced Member
After initially ordering them a year ago, I finally have my TE-37s installed!! Tom, if you read this, I think the offsets are just about perfect, thanks. The long cold winter also provided me with some time to address other areas on the car I've always wanted:

- Downforce CF wing
- CF front splitter
- nose, hood, fender repaint
- Type-R badges :biggrin:

...and yeah, yeah, yeah, I KNOW it needs to be lowered!!!

Sean

Attachments

• nsx_4_1.jpg
    nsx_4_1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 241
  • nsx_5_1.jpg
    nsx_5_1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 757
  • nsx_7_1.jpg
    nsx_7_1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 434
  • nsx_3_1.jpg
    nsx_3_1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:
Very nice. Is that the painted SOS hood they had for sale or did you diy? If diy was it the SOS cf r-hood or another brand before painting?

Damn! :eek:

Looks tight Sean! I better hurry and buy some more stuff for my car (can't let you "look" faster than me! :biggrin: )

I have the same front splitter as you too. After destroying 2 RM's @ Gingerman, I now have the c/f one now. (at the price, I will probably take it off at Gingerman!)

Hope to see you on April 8,9 even if just spectating. I have 3 C6 Z06's in my group already! :eek:

ashman said:
Very nice. Is that the painted SOS hood they had for sale or did you diy? If diy was it the SOS cf r-hood or another brand before painting?

Thanks. I did the hood diy. Yes, it is the same style hood that SOS sells. I just decided to copy their paint scheme.

RP-Motorsports said:
Damn! :eek:

Looks tight Sean! I better hurry and buy some more stuff for my car (can't let you "look" faster than me! :biggrin: )

I have the same front splitter as you too. After destroying 2 RM's @ Gingerman, I now have the c/f one now. (at the price, I will probably take it off at Gingerman!)

Hope to see you on April 8,9 even if just spectating. I have 3 C6 Z06's in my group already! :eek:

Thanks man! You'll definitely be seeing me April 8th, and I'm trying to get a few folks from down here to go. My wife is also hoping she can get a ride from someone as she's really excited to check the whole scene out.

Yeah, I'm very curious to see what happens with those Z06's. I think you'll do fine against them though.

Sean,

Thanks for the email and pics! The car looks great, especially the with the painted CF hood.

Boy, I'm missing her badly!

I'm working on Neve about getting another one soon.....

If you're looking at only .6" drop, check out the Bilsteins on the lower perch. (Roughly around 5 bills on DaliRacing and it drops only .5")

Take care,
Steve

Sean,
Looks great...i like the painted hood and rear spoiler. I finally got mine started and insurance back on this week. Catch ya in April.

Sean,

Great job on the wheels and mods. After seeing the hood in person at the NSXCA dinner, I've got to say it was a good choice painting it. It turned out well.

Where are the wheel center caps? I know the ones that are supposed to go with the TE-37s are kind of plain. You might consider the center caps from the VOLK LE-37s - they have an aluminum nut with a carbon fiber center. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the TE and LE are the same casting - they might fit. Just a suggestion.

From the pictures, it looks like you got the right offsets. It does need to be lowered maybe a half inch, but it actually doesn't look too bad as it sits right now.

Nice work. Maybe celebrate with all-you-can-eat crablegs?

- Frank

Frank Oles said:
Sean,

Great job on the wheels and mods. After seeing the hood in person at the NSXCA dinner, I've got to say it was a good choice painting it. It turned out well.

Where are the wheel center caps? I know the ones that are supposed to go with the TE-37s are kind of plain. You might consider the center caps from the VOLK LE-37s - they have an aluminum nut with a carbon fiber center. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the TE and LE are the same casting - they might fit. Just a suggestion.

From the pictures, it looks like you got the right offsets. It does need to be lowered maybe a half inch, but it actually doesn't look too bad as it sits right now.

Nice work. Maybe celebrate with all-you-can-eat crablegs?

- Frank

HAH!!!! Crablegs, I love it!!! Let's go, I hear Red Lobster is running a special! :tongue:

I still have to get center caps, and I already decided to get the CF ones you mentioned, I think those look the best. NSX 3.0 has them on his Volks and they look great.

I'm working out the details on the suspension, but it's going to have to wait a while until the coffers are full again. :frown:

...and yeah, yeah, yeah, I KNOW it needs to be lowered!!!
LOL - thats the FIRST thing I said to myself when I saw the pics. Other wise the car looks great. I've always been partial to 6 spokes on the NSX (my car has TSW Revo six spokes on it).

mystican said:
Q,

...too bad your NSX gets "beaten" daily ...such a nice car...damn shame

At least I HAVE my car

Back