• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

What a crummy track to race F1 cars on. Someone is going to get hurt.
H-

It was exciting to watch though. Some head scratching moves for sure. Toto Wolf losing his sh!t was entertaining to watch.

I don’t know how I feel about today’s race. It was a poop storm, it was exciting. I was nervous having 0 stake in the race. I thought someone will seriously get hurt. Max lost his mind.

i don’t know how i feel about today’s race. It was a poop storm, it was exciting. I was nervous having 0 stake in the race. I thought someone will seriously get hurt. Max lost his mind.

+1
So true.
H-

Last edited:
little birdy told me:

data shows....Max decelerated 55kph in half a second, right as Hamilton approached and decelerated at 2.4G. That’s incredible braking. He could've just coasted and let the DF take its course to slow down.
Red Bull is not handing it properly. For such an incredible talent Max is, he is leaving a bad taste in everybody’s mouth because he refuses to race within the rules. If the FIA had not been cowards earlier in the season, none of this would have happened. But they wanted a good title fight, which we have now, and it’s going to end in XYZ. think back of the Senna and Prost [MENTION=10660]suzuka[/MENTION]... but the score is back to zero. Neither one can afford to crash.

Last edited:
Really crazy race.I dont understand todays racing.Someone hit barrier race is stopped red flag, then car broke and its far away from race track safety car and so on.
Safety reasons but gone to far.
I understand Maxs driving he wants so much WDC but with inferior car its very frustrating.I dont like to say but his chances are minimal.
On the other side congrats to Lewis and performance of Mercedes.

In all of my time watching F1, I've never seen a race like that one. The tactics and gamesmanship are always there but never so many and so transparent. Entertaining but I wouldn't want be driving there.

Max's pass after giving up position, Hambone holding up the first restart, and Bottas holding up Max under yellow are good examples.

little birdy told me:

data shows....Max decelerated 55kph in half a second, right as Hamilton approached and decelerated at 2.4G. That’s incredible braking. He could've just coasted and let the DF take its course to slow down.
Red Bull is not handing it properly. For such an incredible talent Max is, he is leaving a bad taste in everybody’s mouth because he refuses to race within the rules. If the FIA had not been cowards earlier in the season, none of this would have happened. But they wanted a good title fight, which we have now, and it’s going to end in XYZ. think back of the Senna and Prost [MENTION=10660]suzuka[/MENTION]... but the score is back to zero. Neither one can afford to crash.

It does remind me of Senna and Prost too.

F1 has painted itself into a corner with how they have been inconsistent. They are acting like NASCAR at the height of the restrictor plate era.

I miss Charlie Whiting. F1 rule enforcement is embarrassing in 2021 for being the pinnacle of motorsports. Mikey Masi is Italian => like to make deals to stir the pot. Fans will get(already) fed up....IMO the sound from the motor is a big turn off since we are old enough to remember the NA days.

we should put Larry the Cable guy in charge...he'll git er done.

Last edited:
Masi is much more of a showman for sure. The same can be said for FOM as well. Bernie was a showman, and he brokered many deals but Liberty is almost a circus.

By the way, he is Australian, of Italian descent. But your point is made.

Last edited:
I've watched several post-race analysis videos. Also watched the post-race interview with Verstappen, Hammy, and Botas. The one where Botas didn't say a word (LOL).

The last collision where Hammy ran into Verstappen seemed like a brake check to me at first. Then after realizing how much these guys actually think through, like managing that DRS zone by both drivers i'm still not able to place fault to any one driver.

This was probably the best explanation of the driver's mindsets i've seen yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1XfFdwutSU

Back