• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you think of STMPO?

What do you think about STMPO?

• I think he's an awesome guy and his products are even more awesome!

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • I don't know what his problem is but I love and buy his products.

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • I'd buy his products if the way he presented himself here hadn't left a bad taste in my mouth.

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • I don't care about him or his products

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ross is an outstanding NSX enthusiasts and it is too bad some people see his energy and effort in what he does as a fault. I have the utmost respect for the guy because he comes through on his end, and if a problem does come up, he solves it and is very professional. His products work, and although his products are not the most "bling", they are definitely a considerable compromise in being better than the competition while keeping prices within reason. I am positive he will still provide products for the NSX so do not worry, however the innovation level and new product roll out will be few and far in between. Reason? It is because of the "bottomline". He makes products people ask for, prices things lower than the competition yet sales do not meet the expected demand. Maybe the economy is bad, unemployment is up, fear of interest rates going up ... everyone has their own reason and I respect that as well. Regardless, sales have not met his expectation and he is willing to venture forward into another market as I would have done the same. Incidents here on prime only opened his eyes to what was going on and sometimes we all need a breath of fresh air. The NSX is a tiny niche market that gets smaller yr in/yr out because the car is discontinued. As values drop, owners w/less $ begin to jump aboard and then realize there is no $ left for upgrades. If you want to show your support for STMPO, buy his products. Why do you think he has the only thread that rewards those that show their support? An owner's greatest satisfaction comes from those of his customers.

-JC

Last edited:
wow... I just saw this for the first time... you guys hit me in the heart... thanks...

Everyone’s comments are appreciated.... TrustJDM hit the nail on the head just like Turbotogo did on the other thread.

I'll go ahead and open up the show us your STMPO thread again... You guys are the only reason I will keep my website open for NSX'es

Regards

When I first spoke to Ross on the phone, I was happy I didn't have any kids around with all the yelling/cursing :biggrin: He wasn't cursing at me per say. That's just his personality. Regardless, through the past several months, I have had the pleasure of adding his parts to my car and just placed an order for another. He is a stand up guy with solid functional well engineered parts for the NSX. IMO, $$ are very fair compared to what's offered by other vendors as well. Keep up the good work Ross!!:biggrin:

Jeff

What's so true to life is that we get stuff that has surpassed Honda Type R parts and they're not flying off the shelf:confused:

Sucks he's taking off. I'm cool with him spreading the love to other communities I just don't want him to leave us. There's still more for him to do if we could just make it profitable for him:frown:

What's so true to life is that we get stuff that has surpassed Honda Type R parts and they're not flying off the shelf:confused:

Yeah I agree some of his stuff is way better than "JDM" type R stuff. And the things he had planned... OMG there is one product that is so cool... I am going to pay him to make it for me no matter what after my rollbar is done. Talk about solving several issues with one whack. He does think outside the box. So he is emotional and curses... so what.... LOL...

Yeah I agree some of his stuff is way better than "JDM" type R stuff. And the things he had planned... OMG there is one product that is so cool... I am going to pay him to make it for me no matter what after my rollbar is done. Talk about solving several issues with one whack. He does think outside the box. So he is emotional and curses... so what.... LOL...

What the f*ck is wrong with grown men cursing?? He's not in front of women or little kids and either of those two groups will curse like a sailor given the motivation ..lol

Exactly and how does that help the buyers:confused: Why was that option changed??

If you've ever looked at other forums with for sale sections they are full of morons bumping each others threads, and people complaining that you're asking too much money for something. It is terrible.

If it happens on other forums, it's not being moderated correctly. However, I have seen PLENTY of examples where it benefits. Some chime in on the quality of an item, or ask for a photo from a different angle to be posted, or whatever - and those questions are answered in the open, which benefits the BUYER and the SELLER (assuming the seller is legit and selling a decent item in reasonable condition).

Everyone curses, it's just a matter of where or in front of whom :wink:

i don't have any problem... cursing is part of the language, it helps to express feelings and ideas...

on thing most confuse is cursing with respect... you can curse pretty intensive without loosing respect :tongue:

Nuno

What the f*ck is wrong with grown men cursing?? He's not in front of women or little kids and either of those two groups will curse like a sailor given the motivation ..lol

I've said it once and I will say it again....Ross has always been very friendly and helpful. I am really lucky to have STMPO and SOS so close to me. They have both treated me very well!

Ross, if you are monitoring this...what do you get for a 60k service including timing belt and water pump? My 2000 has 16k miles on it and I haven't done the service yet. Been getting estimates however and I am surprised at the range in prices.

Last edited:
I've said it once and I will say it again....Ross has always been very friendly and helpful. I am really lucky to have STMPO and SOS so close to me. They have both treated me very well!

Ross, if you are monitoring this...what do you get for a 60k service including timing belt and water pump? My 2000 has 16k miles on it and I haven't done the service yet. Been getting estimates however and I am surprised at the range in prices.

We do these for pretty cheap... but it's contracted through ex-employees and ends up being to much hassle..

I know what it feels like getting those qoutes though..

good luck man

If I could change one thing about PRIME I'd make people not afraid to say bad things about vendors' products. If someone is making really crappy NSX-R wings or side skirts that don't fit at all, WE ALL WANT TO KNOW so we don't make the same mistake! You see people put parts up for sale before they even install it on their car and you've got to send a PM to find out that the part is actually crap.. so they're passing it on to the next unsuspecting nsx owner?? WTF!?

I'd have to COMPLETELY agree. I held my tongue for years over one very small player in the parts sales. I felt it was a complete rip off but the vendor had numerous prime members by the balls and they were willing to pay so more power to him (them) I guess. I've seen the vendor charge double for a part that non nsx (or prime) vendors were also selling. Then seen the vendor selling "packages" at a reasonable price in the beginning but then marking it up 33% (or up to 50% or more) just a year or so later while other outside vendors remained stable. And then another part at a HUGE mark up with a part from a "secret" manufacturer they thought they had a monopoly over. They made lots of sales but when another vendor stepped in (like Ross) and called him (them) out by selling the same part by the same manufacturer at HUNDREDS of dollars less, it made HUGE waves in this small pond. And people flocked to one end of the pool or the other, JUST LIKE this STMPO/SOS situation. Whats sad? I think this new (but WELL ROOTED in motorsports, JUST LIKE ROSS) vendor got pushed away or they walked away.

Last edited:
Any vendor who can support the NSX community with quality product is good enough for me. I'm paying for the product ... quality product PERIOD.
Ross, I don't know you personally but rest assure any product which I think I need from you which fits my requirement, I'll get it.
Thanks for the products thus far.

NSX are cars that are very hard for an "outsider" to love. You either "get it" or you don't. Similarly it attracts some very passionate people. More than any other car forum I belong to this one borders on a cult (for me:biggrin:).

Anyone out there who's willing to invest time, energy, money and PASSION are alright in my books.

I support all vendors on Prime, even ones who have not gotten the best reviews. ;)

EDIT: got all hot and bothered yesterday and took the spoiled garage queen out for a drive yesterday afternoon and felt all good afterwards ;) Go out and drive!

Last edited:
Life is good guys... Thanks for the support... It seems the brainwashed NSX owners will post on this thread..

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138945

And all of you that want to be told the truth from a vendor are on this thread... so let them praise their dictator.. I will educate the people involved in my revolution... on my way to other non-communist car...

After following the whole issue as it unraveled, and seeing most of what has been posted before it was deleted, there is only one thing that I don't understand. What lies?

Maybe this isn't the smart thing to ask because it might reopen fresh wounds, but I just haven't seen any lying involved. Sure there is a ton of vendor hype and marketing speak, but outright lies? I don't see it. Perhaps I'm not knowledgeable enough, I'm sure I'm not. Help me, and the rest of the people who have stayed quiet, understand because I'm sure they are asking themselves the same thing. I do not want to be caught with a bad or misrepresented product.

I certainly don't feel like I'm being lied to ... or that I need to be "liberated" from my ignorance; the bottom line is that I just don't need / want what he has to offer. It seems to me (from reading STMPO's posts since the company was founded) that Ross' point of view is that if you don't want to maximize the handling characteristics of your car regardless of how you drive it, you're a fool, and anything less than optimal is a waste.

Do me and everyone else a favor, please do some research first before posting in the future because it is obvious you don't know what people like Chris and Danny have done for the community.

Ugh, time for a drink .... Ketel One anybody?

Grab another bottle of kettle one bro....

This post only covers the first link at the top of a website.. just that first link. I have comments about what is real and what isn’t real.

Knowledge... Part 1... The facts... not the descriptions

lib•er•ate (lb-rt)

verb

lib•er•at•ed, lib•er•at•ing, lib•er•ates

Liberate : To set free, as from oppression, confinement, or foreign control.

Valves, springs, retainers, head studs, metal headgaskets, forged pistons, steel main caps, arp head studs/rod bolts all make sense.

The timing belt shield will protect your motor but Autowaves liquid dampner makes the most sense.. it costs a ton because our car is limited production.

If you have your motor decked (happens in every motor build)… the timing belt tensioner is a MUST DO.

Timing belts are changed before they break.. having a “better timing belt” is eating caviar instead of a chicken quesadilla for an appetizer.

WHAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW

1) The billet oil pump gear was originally designed by Comptech. The original gear came with a new housing… I lost a motor and I also helped chase down a potential 2-3 other spun bearings because of this. Comptech products were in the dealership at one point and did not void warrenties… this part is one of a couple major reasons why it is no longer that way.

2) NSX LMA's... LMA's offered to us at 1/3 of the price Acura sells them for are actually Integra LMA's... they are not as described.. They also do not come with "shims".. they come with washers from Home Depot. The description references “factory replacement”.. you are getting a factory replacement… from a different car though.

Design eliminates noisy LMAs resulting from dirty oil or wear. Kit is less than a third of the price of replacement LMA's from the factory.

LMA kit drops directly into LMA bore using supplied precision manufactured shims.

Compatible with 1991-1999 NSX.

3) SOS doesn’t not make head gaskets.. Cometic does... you can order them directly from the manufacture.. look for Honda/Acura in the "make of engine".. that’s how I missed it and had to buy sos's. Not a ton of money saved at retail.. but at least you know who makes them.

http://www.cometic.com/sportcompact.aspx

ScienceofSpeed Multi-Layer Steel (MLS) head gaskets are comprised of three layers of stainless steel with a thermal protection coating of Viton on the external layers (heat resistant to 250 deg C).

4) Why does Torque flat line and drop on ALL NSX DYNO SHEETS!!!!!!!!!!

Torque is generated from the 2 smaller lobes on each side of the vtec lobe.. torque falls off when Vtec engages... Vtec was invented to increase horsepower... honda motors made good torque-per-liter.. V-tec gave them high end power.

305-05-5140[1].jpg nsxlobesclose_450[1].jpg

What does this mean?

Honda heads are one of the highest flowing heads ever made. So don’t waste money buying after market cams unless you have a stroker motor.

Real Life example -

This is a youtube video of an EK civic with a K20 Turbo... It ran a 9.89 1/4 mile in this video.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYDXnU_XwiU&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYDXnU_XwiU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They switched back to Stock cams and other changes to make 1200 hp and it ran 8.53 on the 1/4 mile...

5) Adjustable cam gears make sense to take mass of the rotating engine assembly. They also allow for AM cams to be adjusted.. needed for stroker motors.. see #4 above to understand that.

6) ARP head studs... The C30a motor was built at the same time the B16 was (US market - Civic SI). You will not find NSX ARP Head studs.. ANYWHERE!

The part number is the Honda b16 head stud

Clapping, Cheering, Dancing and Regards

^ that is one thing i love about Honda...they have a lot of common parts crossing many models... that is smart to save production costs :wink:

That's correct. We use high quality AEM Dry Flow filters. We placed the filters next to and slightly above the transmission where they are away from dirt and debris from the tires. Each is easy to access for service.

regards,
-- Chris

For informational purposes only....

AEM Dry filters were made because of the ongoing battles with CARB in California. AEM was in the court system because of the "for off road use only" battle and knew that the laws in California were going to change. "for off road use only" is a sticker... but companies aren’t going to get away with it as easy anymore.

AEM came out with the "dry filter" since they correctly predicted this legislative change.

The "dry filter" division of AEM was then purchased by K&N Filter so they didn’t loose the market share in California.

On this webpage... paragraph 3...

http://www.pasmag.com/performance/power-pages/1245-aem-eti-air-intakes-w-dry-flow-filter

K&N has partnered with AEM to produce their new DryFlow filters.

This is how the media calls "acquisitions" of small departments of two private companies.. a “partnership to design” is also a boardroom meeting after legislative changes where one guy writes a check and the other guys gets to cash it.

Isn't it funny how a marketing strategy like that can be taken as "inside information" but profitable because of knowledge.

The media can be very misleading.. this common "massaging" of information can get poured into other "first amendment" opportunities.

So the most commonly used stainless steel can be described as...

This unique alloy allows thin wall construction due to the strength of the metal, allowing an overall low mass.

Reality is that the end user is confused.. common 304 SS with thin wall tubing is made.. and the value of the lower cost to produced item is delivered at a higher price... because of the Massaged Information Marketing Strategies buy retailers... or... retailer

Regards,

My Name is Ross Iannarelli at STMPO Race Products... STMPO researches the aftermarket performance products industry to the highest extent. We do not lie to our customers. Ross@stmpo approves this message... and no... this message was not paid for by friends of Ross@STMPO

Last edited:
tunities.

So the most commonly used stainless steel can be described as...

This unique alloy allows thin wall construction due to the strength of the metal, allowing an overall low mass.

Reality is that the end user is confused.. common 304 SS with thin wall tubing is made.. and the value of the lower cost to produced item is delivered at a higher price... because of the Massaged Information Marketing Strategies but retailers... or... retailer

Hey Ross, is that kind of like how all the new plastic water bottles are so thin and flimsy and the marketing Dept has gone overtime describing how they are doing it because they want to be "GREEN" by using 50% less plastic in each bottle? The truth - each bottle now cost them 50% less and we pay the same or more and have to deal with the stupid flimsy bottle that crushes every time you pick it up. :mad:

Hey Ross, is that kind of like how all the new plastic water bottles are so thin and flimsy and the marketing Dept has gone overtime describing how they are doing it because they want to be "GREEN" by using 50% less plastic in each bottle? The truth - each bottle now cost them 50% less and we pay the same or more and have to deal with the stupid flimsy bottle that crushes every time you pick it up. :mad:

And cap, especially the 3 quarters or so thick Costco water bottle cap.

holy batman and robin.. Ross the head studs are B16 head studs?? and our LMA's are out of vtec integra's??

I work for honda dealers for the last few years and never knew that, good info ;-)

any other helpful hints on other stuff that can be had for cheaper if it isn't purchased for an NSX?? lol

Oh yeah Ross can you make an NSX-R spoiler that fits right before you go? I wish someone had made a thread about how most have that big gap in the rear. Exception seems to be Procar and OEM

holy batman and robin.. Ross the head studs are B16 head studs?? and our LMA's are out of vtec integra's??

I work for honda dealers for the last few years and never knew that, good info ;-)

any other helpful hints on other stuff that can be had for cheaper if it isn't purchased for an NSX?? lol

This is not true. The NSX head studs are not in the ARP catalog because it is not a catalog part (same with the main studs). They are a custom built part, meaning they are built for the correct length that the NSX requires for full thread engagement. They are not a B series part.

The LMA kit we make also do not use washers from Home Depot. They use a precision ground stainless steel shim that is toleranced to .001" to get the correct install height of the spring.

If you have any questions about any of our products, please don't hesitate to drop us a line.

regards,
-- Chris

This is not true. The NSX head studs are not in the ARP catalog because it is not a catalog part (same with the main studs). They are a custom built part, meaning they are built for the correct length that the NSX requires for full thread engagement. They are not a B series part.

The LMA kit we make also do not use washers from Home Depot. They use a precision ground stainless steel shim that is toleranced to .001" to get the correct install height of the spring.

If you have any questions about any of our products, please don't hesitate to drop us a line.

regards,
-- Chris

Wow.. two lies dont make the truth...

Your "shims" shown to me werent... and since your not defending the Integra part.. maybe you could change your descrition on your website to something like..

We were able to make shims that utilize LMA's from another factory Honda part number... this effort allows SOS to bring the replacement cost down to a third of Honda's asking price. Our old description was a complete lie.. so that is why it reads what it does today.

Two weeks ago I spoke with a guy that had 4k miles on his NSX LMA's.. he installed your replacements... He had no idea there weren't NSX LMA's... wierd.

I ordered 10 cars worth of custom ARP wheel studs to accomodate 30mm spacers (200 studs)... custom made... At 200 studs my price fell to $19.00 a stud since it was a custom order. A pack of 5 costs that.

So you were able to get custom head studs made and offer them close to the price of retail b-series studs... wierd... because I see them on Dali's site too... since Dali deals with ITR's... I assume he "figured out" what you and I and most engine builders did.

Standing in my office holding up the peace sign in the air,

For everyone unfamiliar with why a civic at the drag strip runs numbers like muscle cars...

American's figured out that you could take the head from an Integra type r and bolt it up to a bottom end from a CRV..

They call that b20vtech.. there is alos LSvtech when you use an ls Integra bottom end.. and also hundreds of other combinations.

The B series motor is a complete Frankenstein of every motor made by Honda from 1990 until 2001.

The C30a head looks like a b16 head (B-series Honda motors) with only 3 holes instead of 4. Honda is Honda today because when something worked... they implemented it everywhere.

When it didn’t work.. they implemented it... nowhere else.

attachment.php

Like the "suspension pivot" found on our NSX front A-Arms. Ti-Dave made a part that sells for 185.00 bucks.. fixed Honda's "over-engineered" suspension that was never installed on another Honda to this date... it didn’t work as planned.

attachment.php

I am working on figuring this out with an NA2 NSX owner. We think Targa's may have additional cowl shake because of this. He will be installing comptech's front clamps (the expensive ti-dave version) after his STMPO FCB and NA2 RSTB were installed.

After the data comes back.. we will try the FSTB.. I want shaking cars gone before we leave the NSX platform...

Givin you 5... hit around to the backside of the hand... followed by a knuckle pound... then blow it up,

Attachments

• brake deflector2.jpg
    brake deflector2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC00083.jpg
    DSC00083.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 408
For everyone unfamiliar with why a civic at the drag strip runs numbers like muscle cars...

American's figured out that you could take the head from an Integra type r and bolt it up to a bottom end from a CRV..

They call that b20vtech.. there is alos LSvtech when you use an ls Integra bottom end.. and also hundreds of other combinations.

The B series motor is a complete Frankenstein of every motor made by Honda from 1990 until 2001.

The C30a head looks like a b16 head (B-series Honda motors) with only 3 holes instead of 4. Honda is Honda today because when something worked... they implemented it everywhere.

When it didn’t work.. they implemented it... nowhere else.

attachment.php

Like the "suspension pivot" found on our NSX front A-Arms. Ti-Dave made a part that sells for 185.00 bucks.. fixed Honda's "over-engineered" suspension that was never installed on another Honda to this date... it didn’t work as planned.

attachment.php

I am working on figuring this out with an NA2 NSX owner. We think Targa's may have additional cowl shake because of this. He will be installing comptech's front clamps (the expensive ti-dave version) after his STMPO FCB and NA2 RSTB were installed.

After the data comes back.. we will try the FSTB.. I want shaking cars gone before we leave the NSX platform...

Givin you 5... hit around to the backside of the hand... followed by a knuckle pound... then blow it up,

Ross,
If you implying that the cowl shake is worse because of the suspension pivot and may be helped by the clamp, I don't know for sure. I currently have your RSTB, FSTB, NSX-R front and bottom as well as ti-daves clamps. I really have minimal cowl shake with the top off. The biggest improvement was the FSTB. Let me know if the CF top for the center compartment is still available.
Tim

Ross,
If you implying that the cowl shake is worse because of the suspension pivot and may be helped by the clamp, I don't know for sure. I currently have your RSTB, FSTB, NSX-R front and bottom as well as ti-daves clamps. I really have minimal cowl shake with the top off. The biggest improvement was the FSTB. Let me know if the CF top for the center compartment is still available.
Tim

Tim,

That is good news... I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of cowl shake all together.

Feedback is hard to sift through... but knowing the FSTB did the most improvement helps a ton.

I think the front end of our NSX's take a bigger beating than most owners think.

All of the chassis mods you have help.. and the feedback as well.

One of the last parts we make will probably solve this all together... I'll keep you posted.

BTW - The center arm rest is still available... but the weave goes "top left to bottom right".

Your stereo consul goes "top right to bottom left"

That one is your call man.

Regards

Back