• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Billet Engine Mounts Now Available

YES... my car is Auto hopefully that makes no difference

1: Solidol (A.Bracket)
2: Zoom (A.Bracket)
3: B2FiNiTY (A.Bracket + M. mounts)
4: prym8 (A.Bracket)
5: Scammy (A.Bracket - raw look)
6: 91nsx85crx (A.Bracket + M. mounts(???))
7: J-RnsxT (A.Bracket)
8: NSX1145 (A.Bracket)
9: pj1 (A.Bracket)
10: Botasky (A.Bracket)
11: Automadic (A.Bracket + M. mounts)
12:
n: BBVNSX (A.Bracket - Black anodized please!)

...The good news is we will likely be able to lower our pricing model.

We are now 12 and counting! :biggrin:

Good things usually take time to happen! :wink: well at least the price news are good news!

1: Solidol (A.Bracket)
2: Zoom (A.Bracket)
3: B2FiNiTY (A.Bracket + M. mounts)
4: prym8 (A.Bracket)
5: Scammy (A.Bracket - raw look)
6: 91nsx85crx (A.Bracket + M. mounts(???))
7: J-RnsxT (A.Bracket)
8: NSX1145 (A.Bracket)
9: pj1 (A.Bracket)
10: Botasky (A.Bracket)
11: Automadic (A.Bracket + M. mounts)
12:A_J (A.Bracket)
n: BBVNSX (A.Bracket - Black anodized please!)

Honda tells me Auto mounts are different.... all four of them..... than a manual car.. so I guess Im out

Last edited:
Hello, very interested but a few questions. Sounds like stiffness is similar to stock so I am wondering if there is any performance benefit. Also when the bushing eventually goes bad how will replacement go? I am thinking seriously long term, as in 5-10 years from now?

Hello, very interested but a few questions. Sounds like stiffness is similar to stock so I am wondering if there is any performance benefit. Also when the bushing eventually goes bad how will replacement go? I am thinking seriously long term, as in 5-10 years from now?

Thank you for your interest and long term vision:) You can purchase a few sets of bushings when you buy your mounts if wear is a concern. I'll add a listing for replacement bushings on my store. You can read about performance benefits on my web store. http://www.foundry3studios.com/product/91-05-nsx-billet-motor-mounts

---

For those wondering what's going on with the alternator bracket, our new machinist delivered us the V2.1 prototype and we are testing it now. This is the first delivery from our new machinist and I am very happy with the finish. I'll open a group-buy thread when I can with the names above.

Last edited:
Nice! I've sent you a PM!

For those wondering what's going on with the alternator bracket, our new machinist delivered us the V2.1 prototype and we are testing it now. This is the first delivery from our new machinist and I am very happy with the finish. I'll open a group-buy thread when I can with the names above.

nice to hear of an update.

Are the motor mounts still in stock? if things go well, I hope I can pick up the mounts and alt mount together.

nice to hear of an update.

Are the motor mounts still in stock? if things go well, I hope I can pick up the mounts and alt mount together.

I should have both in stock. If not we can still put together a package and send the mounts when they are back in stock.
[MENTION=14824]BBVNSX[/MENTION] - Got your PM, I will order extras.

Are the engine mounts only being offered with the more aggressive 75A shore hardness bushings? No more "near-stock"?

65A, or stock feel bushings were temporarily discontinued due to a vendor no longer reproducing them, we are now making our own bushings and they will be back when we have new inventory. There will also be a listing for replacement bushings on our store shortly.

Bumping this for an update! Any news [MENTION=26916]foundry3[/MENTION]?

Thanks!

Bruno

Thank you for bumping this up Bruno!

The v2.1 bracket has been tested for about a 1000 miles on my turbo NSX without issue, however snow and bad weather have made the testing process draw out farther than hoped. Testing has included a fair bit of harsh launches with very sticky tires, tail slides, and tire scrubbing etc...

A few opportunities have been identified to further improve the design and install of the bracket so minor tweaks were made and I've placed an order for v2.2 brackets. I will verify v2.2 changes once they arrive and open the group buy.

Apologies for the delays as this part is integral to the chassis and great care must be taken to assure nothing is sacrificed to adversely affect the performance of the NSX. The automotive industry is quite difficult to move at anything above a snails pace unfortunately, so we are often at the mercy of our dependencies.

I've also improved our engine mounts by reducing weight to below OEM levels and a batch of 10 are currently being produced along with our NSX specific formulation bushing (now that we are making them).

Thanks for the update!

Please don't forget that I want an individual right side engine mount (the one that replaces the OEM cast iron engine mount)! Would be nice to get it at the same time with the alternator bracket!

Thanks

Bruno

Thank you for bumping this up Bruno!

The v2.1 bracket has been tested for about a 1000 miles on my turbo NSX without issue, however snow and bad weather have made the testing process draw out farther than hoped. Testing has included a fair bit of harsh launches with very sticky tires, tail slides, and tire scrubbing etc...

A few opportunities have been identified to further improve the design and install of the bracket so minor tweaks were made and I've placed an order for v2.2 brackets. I will verify v2.2 changes once they arrive and open the group buy.

Apologies for the delays as this part is integral to the chassis and great care must be taken to assure nothing is sacrificed to adversely affect the performance of the NSX. The automotive industry is quite difficult to move at anything above a snails pace unfortunately, so we are often at the mercy of our dependencies.

I've also improved our engine mounts by reducing weight to below OEM levels and a batch of 10 are currently being produced along with our NSX specific formulation bushing (now that we are making them).

Nice to see an update.

I like your approach to take your time and make it right.

Good things will come.

UPDATE

For the 2017 season we have re-engineered out motor mounts combined weight to be lighter than stock without loosing any strength. In addition to less weight, we have also developed our own bushing specifically formulated from the data we've collected from the many sets of mounts that are out in the wild. Our new bushings are rated at 62A which we find through testing to be the perfect balance for the NSX without any sacrifice in comfort. The 62A will come standard with our mounts moving forward and we will soon have a listing to purchase bushings separate on our store for those that want back-ups or to switch to our new formula that already have mounts.

We are offering up 10 of our new Featherweight Mounts at a group buy discount off 15% off MSRP (or $679) plus shipping. Mounts will begin shipping in 2-3 weeks.

For folks interested in both the upcoming alternator bracket and motor mounts-
A mount & bracket purchase option is on our site for those that are interested in purchasing the alternator bracket and motor mounts together at a discounted rate, upon checkout I will email a discount code to purchase the bracket at reduced cost when it is available after purchase of the mounts. I am told the brackets should be available in the next few weeks by my machinist so to get the ball rolling we will be taking mount orders with commitment to purchasing the alternator bracket.

2017 Foundry 3 - Featherweight Motor Mounts Group Buy

1: B2FiNiTY (A.Bracket + M. mounts)
2: Scammy (A.Bracket - raw look)
3: 91nsx85crx (A.Bracket + M. mounts)
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Hi Foundry3!

I want an individual right side engine mount (the one that replaces the OEM cast iron engine mount) along with the alternator bracket! Can you do this?

Do i sign up now or wait for the A. Bracket to be available?

UPDATE

For the 2017 season we have re-engineered out motor mounts combined weight to be lighter than stock without loosing any strength. In addition to less weight, we have also developed our own bushing specifically formulated from the data we've collected from the many sets of mounts that are out in the wild. Our new bushings are rated at 62A which we find through testing to be the perfect balance for the NSX without any sacrifice in comfort. The 62A will come standard with our mounts moving forward and we will soon have a listing to purchase bushings separate on our store for those that want back-ups or to switch to our new formula that already have mounts.

We are offering up 10 of our new Featherweight Mounts at a group buy discount off 15% off MSRP (or $679) plus shipping. Mounts will begin shipping in 2-3 weeks.

For folks interested in both the upcoming alternator bracket and motor mounts-
A mount & bracket purchase option is on our site for those that are interested in purchasing the alternator bracket and motor mounts together at a discounted rate, upon checkout I will email a discount code to purchase the bracket at reduced cost when it is available after purchase of the mounts. I am told the brackets should be available in the next few weeks by my machinist so to get the ball rolling we will be taking mount orders with commitment to purchasing the alternator bracket.

2017 Foundry 3 - Featherweight Motor Mounts Group Buy

4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Hi Foundry3!

I want an individual right side engine mount (the one that replaces the OEM cast iron engine mount) along with the alternator bracket! Can you do this?

Do i sign up now or wait for the A. Bracket to be available?

No worries, I've got you taken care of. I'll open a thread regarding the alternator brackets when I can.

4: white98sh (M. mounts)
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Hi there, I had reached out earlier by email to see the availability for your mounts, glad to see a GB offer now and new mounts! Heard good things about your previous mounts and am hoping these are just as great. Added myself to the list for the engine mounts only for now, but may I ask if there are photos of the A. Bracket?

4: white98sh (M. mounts)
5: NSX-GT (M. mounts)
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Back