• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fujitsubo Super Ti Exhaust

Now that I have been living with Super Ti for a week, I have to say it has met all my expectations beyond what I had hoped for.

INSTALLATION

Fitment on this exhaust is, as you would expect, millimeter perfect. The hangers fit the stock rubber mounts perfectly and the flanges were exactly where they should be for the cats. Installing Super Ti was especially easy because it is so light. After bench pressing the factory clunker off of the car, lifting this titanium beauty on was a breeze. The included Fujitsubo flange gaskets are very nice, with inlaid metal rings to ensure a good seal and smooth flow. I used them instead of the gaskets that came with the cats.

NSX ready to lose 40 lbs.

View attachment 113562

Old cats off the car. Incredible how heavy they are! (22 lbs). One note- after 92,000 miles of driving, the 600-cell ceramic cores were spotless. Benefits of making sure your PGM-FI system is in top order- especially O2 sensors, MAP and IAT sensor.

View attachment 113563

The clunker and the King. One secret to the Super Ti is that it is a big muffler. Look at it compared to the stock can. As I surmised, this is the only way to achieve the frequency attenuation needed for factory-level sound quality. You also can see I am test fitting the rear bank cat.

View attachment 113564

View attachment 113565

Ready to go in- one last shot while it is still all shiny. :D

View attachment 113566

Old exhaust system out of the car. Time to clean it up and put it all in a box in the attic, along with the original manifolds. I'm hoarding all original parts. :)

View attachment 113567

View attachment 113568

Rear bank cat mounted and finger tight.

View attachment 113569

Fitting the front bank cat.

View attachment 113570

It's always a good idea when you have your car in the air to look around to check things over. While fitting the front cat, I noticed it was wet around the oil pan seal. Uh oh! Looks like I'm missing an oil pan nut. Replaced with a 6mm x 1.0 nut from ACE hardware and also noticed several other bolts were far too loose. Hopefully this will cure the issue until it is time to drop the headers and replace the gasket.

View attachment 113571

Fitment looks good. Time to tighten everything up.

View attachment 113572

View attachment 113573

I think these 100mm tips are resonated. Also, if you look closely, you can see where my old RM Racing muffler melted my valence. :)

View attachment 113574

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS

Idle sound is almost indistinguishable from stock. There is a slight rumble to the exhaust, but it is in the background. Throttle response is excellent off the line and there is a noticeable increase in torque from about 2,000 rpm all the way through the range. There is slightly less torque below 2,000 rpm, so I found myself giving the car slightly more gas to get it rolling. Within a few days, i had adjusted and did not notice it anymore. The big increase I felt was in VTEC, where the car just pulls HARD. I also could tell this exhaust would continue to flow beyond 8,000 rpm if available.

The sound is deep and smooth and there is no resonance or drone whatsoever, even when abruptly cutting throttle, which I have found causes terrible drone in other muffler options. Cruising at 80 mph (roughly 3,500 rpm) on the highway is quiet and just like stock. Applying throttle to pass results in a pleasing, smooth roar from the exhaust. In stop and go traffic, I find myself shutting off the radio so I can hear it go through the gears. One interesting thing I like about this exhaust is that my car still sounds like a NSX. I would say that the sound is complementary to the induction noise I like so much on this car. It is almost as if Fujitsubo tuned the resonance to fill in the induction sound. It's an amazing thing to hear. I'll try to capture some driving vids later.

And, here is the video. The idle I captured while the car was still on jack stands and was going through ECU learning. The other vids were taken today. :) The last part is a surprise about the Super Ti. The meatllurgy is so pure that rather than crack and pop like a stainless muffler when it cools down, the titanium rings like a bell. Awesome!!! :D

Nice write up and review. For some reason the Ti sounds not too aggressive for me which I like. Beautiful exhaust and very well made. Congrats again!

Last edited:
Paul

Nice thorough detailed write up! Was only able to hear it at start up and idle at the car show, but after the video and hearing it in the upper range it sounds really nice! Congrats on a beautiful crafted piece of NSX automotive bliss:wink:

Sounds like it's a perfect match for your daily driven application. Can't wait to hear it in person, or better yet on a canyon run so I can hear it when it's being driven hard:biggrin:. Hope to see you at the next drive, we had a good time yesterday with 6 NSXs and 2 S2000s.

that is a rarity to be so satisfied with an exhaust mod.Btw I have no idea why but I had a mugen titanium exhaust for my old s2000 and it was a darker almost a tin/copper hue.

Oh ya.. I found out my tail pipes.. Has been damaged a bit.. At the bottom its not a perfect circle., any ideas..?

Great review Honcho!

In for more videos. In-cabin driving, drive-bys, cruising next to another car, the whole shabang. :smile:

Paul

Nice thorough detailed write up! Was only able to hear it at start up and idle at the car show, but after the video and hearing it in the upper range it sounds really nice! Congrats on a beautiful crafted piece of NSX automotive bliss:wink:

Sounds like it's a perfect match for your daily driven application. Can't wait to hear it in person, or better yet on a canyon run so I can hear it when it's being driven hard:biggrin:. Hope to see you at the next drive, we had a good time yesterday with 6 NSXs and 2 S2000s.

Sorry I missed you guys. I am definitely up for the next one. Deckers Road maybe?

that is a rarity to be so satisfied with an exhaust mod.Btw I have no idea why but I had a mugen titanium exhaust for my old s2000 and it was a darker almost a tin/copper hue.

It might have been an alloy? Titanium can turn brown/gold (especially around the welds), but it turns a blue/purple when it gets really hot. Mine has not blued yet, but I suspect after its first HPDE day, we'll see some color on it. ;)

Like the exhaust...almost sounds like the Pride Circuit Werks exhaust.

The CW is a little higher pitched. One thing that does not come through on my cell phone camera mic is the bass. This is a deep exhaust. More of a roar/howl than the twin-muffler style, which I consider a "medium" pitch: Pride CW, AP-X, KSP, Prospeed DSE. Similar sounds to Super Ti would be the RM Racing, ARC, Spoon N1, HKS and GT-One Titan V1

Oh ya.. I found out my tail pipes.. Has been damaged a bit.. At the bottom its not a perfect circle., any ideas..?

Titanium is a difficult metal to work, and you risk cracking it if you try to bend it. I would try to find a metal shop that works with titanium and see if they can bend it back.

Great review Honcho!

In for more videos. In-cabin driving, drive-bys, cruising next to another car, the whole shabang. :smile:

I'll try to get a few up. In the meantime, here is a video of a Japanese NSX driving Mt. Haruna with a Super Ti and test pipes. He's just cruising, but you get a sense of the sound.

[video]http://ichiba.nicovideo.jp/item/azB007PWI8HS?utm_campaign=sm21844559&utm_medium=video&utm_source=nicovideo.jp&utm_content=tagL[/video]

The other day I said "my last and final mod arrived"; I guess not. Thanks for sharing

:D This is the best exhaust you can buy for the NSX- there are no compromises.

Very nice. Titanium FTW :biggrin:

Now for a little teaser- Fujitsubo is sending me another one...turns out getting full insurance on my shipment was worth the money. :D

so shipping insurance is fronting the bill seems like? in all my claims, they've asked for the part(s) back. what happens to it? I have no idea!

It might have to go back- just don't know yet.

Well just spoke to insurance- they are going to take it back and re-sell. :( Keep your eyes out. :)

Very nice exhaust. I've run titanium exhaust on my E46 M3, and the metallic ringing sound is part of the charm of titanium exhaust. I can't wait to get a custom one built for my NSX. I miss the sound.

So they're taking it back because of the bent tip?

It's good that you're getting a new one, but now you're going to be so sad during the wait for your next Super Ti.

Back