• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fujitsubo Super Ti Exhaust

The Ti looks soooo nice! Below is the pic of the factory marking on my SS Fujitsubo. I wonder how many Nsx Fuji owners in the forum? Any idea?

image91.jpg

Vance Hu might have had one but replaced with a Bel Canto? I think there are only 3 or 4 Super Ti in the USA including mine.

Vance Hu might have had one but replaced with a Bel Canto? I think there are only 3 or 4 Super Ti in the USA including mine.

Very exclusive Fuji Ti club! Congrats!!

I believe mine was the earlier nsx exhaust system by Fuji and the only one that made it to the US. It was imported by Drewdeezee through Yahoo Japan auction back in 2007.

I bet that Fuji Ti will work/sound best with a matching Fuji headers :). Please post video once installed - dying to hear it. :biggrin:

Very exclusive Fuji Ti club! Congrats!!

I believe mine was the earlier nsx exhaust system by Fuji and the only one that made it to the US. It was imported by Drewdeezee through Yahoo Japan auction back in 2007.

I bet that Fuji Ti will work/sound best with a matching Fuji headers :). Please post video once installed - dying to hear it. :biggrin:

Now I'm dying to have one and I haven't even heard the sound yet!:biggrin:

But there is just no easy way to get one I guess..

I mean, I love my v2 too considering the price. But man.. I also love the subdue look of the fujitsubo from a distance. until you look up closer with a trained eye, you realize it's a seriously all business built exhaust system.

Last edited:
Unless you have the Ti version, the RF Yamamoto 5.1 (sold as GT-One) is too heavy and I don't like the high pitch. Plus, it is not as efficient as the Fujitsubo. Most pretzel exhausts leave about 5 whp on the table. I am NA with no FI plans so I need every whp I can get!. Wait til you hear Super Ti. :D

My exhaust is anything but high pitched. Just a bit too quiet for my taste hence the header/hfc upgrade. Too bad you are not local would like to hear your exhaust to compare notes.

here's mine:

My exhaust is anything but high pitched. Just a bit too quiet for my taste hence the header/hfc upgrade. Too bad you are not local would like to hear your exhaust to compare notes.

here's mine:

Who makes that exhaust? I thought you meant the GT-One 5.1, which looks like this:

gt151.jpg

That looks like a larger version (longer canister) of the Taitec GTLW and would, like the Super Ti, do a great job reducing the volume.

Mine is this one:

GT-One F1 v5.1 exhaust with custom single tips (looks like titanium tips)

I hope to get to hear your exhaust one day in person since videos never truly depict a car's exhaust note. You are in socal right? I do head down there quite often for work even though I know it's a huge area. Maybe one day we will meet.

Last edited:
Wonder if AdvansCPAP can get good pricing........

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...t-from-Japan-Split-cargo-shipping-with-others

Now I'm dying to have one and I haven't even heard the sound yet!:biggrin:

But there is just no easy way to get one I guess..

I mean, I love my v2 too considering the price. But man.. I also love the subdue look of the fujitsubo from a distance. until you look up closer with a trained eye, you realize it's a seriously all business built exhaust system.

I don't think anyone can get as good as Hirano Tire. ;) Maybe he can get a deal on the shipping?

Fujitsubo specifically did not blue the tips, nor put the fancy "Ti" logo on the tips like they do for other car models (EVO, Sti, Integra, etc.). This exhaust was designed for demure Japanese tastes- subtle, which, incidentally, is exactly what I want. I am actually almost done installing, but one of the bolts in the Pride HFC kit was stripped, so I'm waiting for Mrs. Honcho to get home so I can take the RDX and swing by ACE Hardware to get a replacement. One bolt away!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just reset ECU and went for short drive. I don't even have words for how amazing this exhaust is. Full review to follow after the car show tomorrow.

Thanks guys. It is unbelievable. Virtually the same as stock below 4,000 rpm, but with a slight throaty burble. Above 5,000, it has this deep ti howl and sounds MEAN. And, ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE AT ALL AT ANY SPEED OR THROTTLE POSITION!. This is the only aftermarket exhaust I have ever heard that accomplishes this. Just like a factory part. I'll try to get some vids up this weekend and a full review.

I got my muffler sprayed to blue so at night when the car light shine at the muffler it looks awesome

Full review

Now that I have been living with Super Ti for a week, I have to say it has met all my expectations beyond what I had hoped for.

INSTALLATION

Fitment on this exhaust is, as you would expect, millimeter perfect. The hangers fit the stock rubber mounts perfectly and the flanges were exactly where they should be for the cats. Installing Super Ti was especially easy because it is so light. After bench pressing the factory clunker off of the car, lifting this titanium beauty on was a breeze. The included Fujitsubo flange gaskets are very nice, with inlaid metal rings to ensure a good seal and smooth flow. I used them instead of the gaskets that came with the cats.

NSX ready to lose 40 lbs.

IMAG0973.jpg

Old cats off the car. Incredible how heavy they are! (22 lbs). One note- after 92,000 miles of driving, the 600-cell ceramic cores were spotless. Benefits of making sure your PGM-FI system is in top order- especially O2 sensors, MAP and IAT sensor.

IMAG0975.jpg

The clunker and the King. One secret to the Super Ti is that it is a big muffler. Look at it compared to the stock can. As I surmised, this is the only way to achieve the frequency attenuation needed for factory-level sound quality. You also can see I am test fitting the rear bank cat.

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0982.jpg

Ready to go in- one last shot while it is still all shiny. :D

IMAG0985.jpg

Old exhaust system out of the car. Time to clean it up and put it all in a box in the attic, along with the original manifolds. I'm hoarding all original parts. :)

IMAG1001.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

Rear bank cat mounted and finger tight.

IMAG1008.jpg

Fitting the front bank cat.

IMAG1009.jpg

It's always a good idea when you have your car in the air to look around to check things over. While fitting the front cat, I noticed it was wet around the oil pan seal. Uh oh! Looks like I'm missing an oil pan nut. Replaced with a 6mm x 1.0 nut from ACE hardware and also noticed several other bolts were far too loose. Hopefully this will cure the issue until it is time to drop the headers and replace the gasket.

IMAG1020.jpg

Fitment looks good. Time to tighten everything up.

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1026.jpg

I think these 100mm tips are resonated. Also, if you look closely, you can see where my old RM Racing muffler melted my valence. :)

IMAG1028.jpg

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS

Idle sound is almost indistinguishable from stock. There is a slight rumble to the exhaust, but it is in the background. Throttle response is excellent off the line and there is a noticeable increase in torque from about 2,000 rpm all the way through the range. There is slightly less torque below 2,000 rpm, so I found myself giving the car slightly more gas to get it rolling. Within a few days, i had adjusted and did not notice it anymore. The big increase I felt was in VTEC, where the car just pulls HARD. I also could tell this exhaust would continue to flow beyond 8,000 rpm if available.

The sound is deep and smooth and there is no resonance or drone whatsoever, even when abruptly cutting throttle, which I have found causes terrible drone in other muffler options. Cruising at 80 mph (roughly 3,500 rpm) on the highway is quiet and just like stock. Applying throttle to pass results in a pleasing, smooth roar from the exhaust. In stop and go traffic, I find myself shutting off the radio so I can hear it go through the gears. One interesting thing I like about this exhaust is that my car still sounds like a NSX. I would say that the sound is complementary to the induction noise I like so much on this car. It is almost as if Fujitsubo tuned the resonance to fill in the induction sound. It's an amazing thing to hear. I'll try to capture some driving vids later.

And, here is the video. The idle I captured while the car was still on jack stands and was going through ECU learning. The other vids were taken today. :) The last part is a surprise about the Super Ti. The meatllurgy is so pure that rather than crack and pop like a stainless muffler when it cools down, the titanium rings like a bell. Awesome!!! :D

Back